Windows 10: Windows 11 Approved processor list

Discus and support Windows 11 Approved processor list in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiI was just wondering if anyone knows what the rules are for being on the 'Approved List' of processors to download Windows 11 via Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pete_92, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Pete_92 Win User

Windows 11 Approved processor list

HiI was just wondering if anyone knows what the rules are for being on the 'Approved List' of processors to download Windows 11 via Windows Update.According to Microsoft, the minimum requirements are:- 1 Ghz - 4GB RAM - 2 cores - being on approved list of CPUsMy laptop easily meets this:-IntelR CoreTM i7-4712HQ CPU 2.30Ghz -4 cores - 8 logical processors - i7-4712HW 2.3ghz - 16 GB RAMBut because - IntelR CoreTM i7-4712HQ CPU 2.30Ghz isn't on the 'approved list' I can't download it via Windows update. I know there are various registry changes you can make that apparently bypass this

:)

Pete_92, Dec 4, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 4, 2021
  3. davidsherman13, Dec 4, 2021
  4. yahanna Win User

Why can't my Processor meet requirement for a Win 11 Upgrade ???

I'm confused about a notification from Microsoft about upgrading to win 11. The notification said my PC doesn't meet a requirement which makes 0 sense. It says my CPU isn't on an approved list of CPUs. But my processor is crazy fast. How is this possible?

Below is a screenshot of what it claims I require although again it makes 0 sense. Can someone tell me if this is a joke from Microsoft or is this a mistake? Is win 11 all that and better than 10?

Windows 11 Approved processor list [​IMG]

yahanna, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Approved processor list - Similar Threads - Approved processor list

2. Processor Approval for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Processor Approval for Windows 11: My HP Envy laptop runs an Intel Core i7 7500U dual core processor. Why is this processor not approved to run Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/processor-approval-for-windows-11/1503509f-a0d9-4e0c-882a-6217ce9e707c
  3. Processor Approval for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Processor Approval for Windows 11: My HP Envy laptop runs an Intel Core i7 7500U dual core processor. Why is this processor not approved to run Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/processor-approval-for-windows-11/1503509f-a0d9-4e0c-882a-6217ce9e707c
  4. My processor is on the approved list but is flagged as an obstacle to the Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My processor is on the approved list but is flagged as an obstacle to the Windows 11...: I'm running Windows 10 21H2 on an I5-6400 2.7GHz 4 Core processor. The processor is on the approved list, but Windows PC Health Check and Windows Update report the processor does not meet the upgrade requirements? Any advice? Thanks!Could the issue be that I'm running the...
  5. My processor is on the approved list but is flagged as an obstacle to the Windows 11...

My processor is on the approved list but is flagged as an obstacle to the Windows 11...: I'm running Windows 10 21H2 on an I5-6400 2.7GHz 4 Core processor. The processor is on the approved list, but Windows PC Health Check and Windows Update report the processor does not meet the upgrade requirements? Any advice? Thanks!Could the issue be that I'm running the...
  6. Win11 Pro approved processor list

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win11 Pro approved processor list: My Computer is less than 1 year old with an AMD processor that meets the performance requirements for Win 11 but my processor AMD Pro A10-9700 R7 is not listed in your approved list. When will Microsoft include my processor on the approved list for upgrading from Win 10 Pro...
  7. Windows 11 Approved processor list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Approved processor list: HiI was just wondering if anyone knows what the rules are for being on the 'Approved List' of processors to download Windows 11 via Windows Update.According to Microsoft, the minimum requirements are:- 1 Ghz - 4GB RAM - 2 cores - being on approved list of CPUsMy laptop easily...
  8. Listed approved processor but says not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Listed approved processor but says not supported: I have an Alienware computer and ran the PC Health Check app. It says only the processor is not supported but the processor I have is listed on the site of supported processors. What can I do?Intel Core i7-7700K...
  9. Listed approved processor but says not supported

Listed approved processor but says not supported: I have an Alienware computer and ran the PC Health Check app. It says only the processor is not supported but the processor I have is listed on the site of supported processors. What can I do?Intel Core i7-7700K...
  10. Listed approved processor but says not supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade