Windows 10: windows 11 audio drivers distorting

Discus and support windows 11 audio drivers distorting in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, when I bought this laptop it had windows 10.5 installed and the audio is by Bang And Olufsen and it sounded great. Once I updated it to windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dstewart3, Feb 25, 2024.

1. dstewart3 Win User

windows 11 audio drivers distorting

Hi, when I bought this laptop it had windows 10.5 installed and the audio is by Bang And Olufsen and it sounded great. Once I updated it to windows 11 I have to have the volume really quiet as it distorts really badly. Is there a way that I can use the windows 10 drivers as the windows 11 audio drivers are completely rubbish.

:)

dstewart3, Feb 25, 2024
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Feb 25, 2024
  3. Realtek audio driver causing distortion/speaker

Follow these steps:

1) Create a system restore point
    2) Right click and click on update driver
    3) Click on Browse my computer for driver software
    4) Click on let me pick from a list of device drivers of my choice
    5) Click on High Definition Audio Driver
    6) Click on "Yes" on the prompt
    7) Once updated, reboot the PC

tanujchadha, Feb 25, 2024
  4. windows 11 audio drivers distorting

Audio distortion

Hello, I have an hp omen laptop 15-en0009nl with windows 11.

For a while I have been experiencing problems with my audio, sometimes the entire pc lags for a second and when it "catches up" the audio is distorted, but most of the times it just gets distorted without lagging.

The ways to "fix" this problem temporarily are: rebooting the pc or control panel, Audio, my speaker, advanced settings, disable/enable audio improvements and then apply.

This problem happens in all audio outputs.

Raffaello Pozzi, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

windows 11 audio drivers distorting

1. windows 11 audio drivers distorting - Similar Threads - audio drivers distorting

2. distorted audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    distorted audio: While recording with obs software when i load other page in chrome my audio distort or crackle i don't know exactly what it is called but here is a video sample https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AYzW-QuW6Q please help if anyone have a solution....
  3. distorted audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    distorted audio: While recording with obs software when i load other page in chrome my audio distort or crackle i don't know exactly what it is called but here is a video sample https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AYzW-QuW6Q please help if anyone have a solution....
  4. Audio distortion in windows 11 game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio distortion in windows 11 game: I purchased Elite Dangerous to play on my Lenovo Legion Go. The game runs great however, about 15 seconds into loading the game my audio is distorted and sounds far away, like I am in a fish bowl. I am using Bluetooth Skullcandy PLYR headphones, no other game or app has this...
  5. Audio distortion in windows 11 game

Audio distortion in windows 11 game: I purchased Elite Dangerous to play on my Lenovo Legion Go. The game runs great however, about 15 seconds into loading the game my audio is distorted and sounds far away, like I am in a fish bowl. I am using Bluetooth Skullcandy PLYR headphones, no other game or app has this...
  6. windows 11 audio drivers distorting

windows 11 audio drivers distorting: Hi, when I bought this laptop it had windows 10.5 installed and the audio is by Bang And Olufsen and it sounded great. Once I updated it to windows 11 I have to have the volume really quiet as it distorts really badly. Is there a way that I can use the windows 10 drivers as...
  7. Audio distortion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio distortion: Hello, I have an hp omen laptop 15-en0009nl with windows 11.For a while I have been experiencing problems with my audio, sometimes the entire pc lags for a second and when it "catches up" the audio is distorted, but most of the times it just gets distorted without lagging.The...
  8. distorted audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    distorted audio: When i play sound off of serato dj pro out my laptop it is extremely distorted. if i record audio and play it back it is very distorted. I have tried so many different ways to fix it but havent been able to find a solution and i cannot find anything online to fix it!...
  9. Streaming Audio distortion on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming Audio distortion on windows 11: I have a new HP pavilion desktop with windows 11.I use an RME Hammerfall AIO PCIe soundcard.When streaming audio youtube or other video service or spotify the sound is fine, but after 5-15 minutes heavy distortion starts. It continues indefintely until I restart computer. It...
  10. Streaming Audio distortion on windows 11

Streaming Audio distortion on windows 11: I have a new HP pavilion desktop with windows 11.I use an RME Hammerfall AIO PCIe soundcard.When streaming audio youtube or other video service or spotify the sound is fine, but after 5-15 minutes heavy distortion starts. It continues indefintely until I restart computer. It...