Windows 10: windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING"

Discus and support windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi i have major issues windows 11 with my audio being taken over whenever a audio voice channel is open despite deactivating sound communication to "do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chill Daddy, Apr 13, 2024.

1. windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING"

hi i have major issues windows 11 with my audio being taken over whenever a audio voice channel is open despite deactivating sound communication to "do nothing" when a voice channel is detected. drivers are up to date. its not just one particular app. you can have spotify or any music playing correctly and as it should be. then you open xbox or discord and it will reduce sounds badly, very badly. its awful and its clearly a feature meant to "HELP" customers, but clearly fails badly. the removal of trouble shooters for windows 11 does nothing to help customers resolve these problems. my pc also

:)

Chill Daddy, Apr 13, 2024

2. Sound output lowers everything except for voice when using VoIP

Welcome to TenForums!

This is a feature in Windows. To change the behavior, do this:

Right click the speaker icon in the task bar and then select sounds.

windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING" 314179d1610310885t-sound-output-lowers-everything-except-voice-when-using-voip-image1.jpg

Go to the communications tab and select the option that you want here.

windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING" 314180d1610311010t-sound-output-lowers-everything-except-voice-when-using-voip-image2.jpg

Hope this helps!

hsehestedt, Apr 13, 2024
  3. Voice chat audio no longer comes through Default communication device (mic works fine)

Hi Samuel,

A factor why you're voice chat sounds goes through your speakers as well is due to configuration settings. We suggest that you configure playback devices. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound >
      Sound
    • Left-click on Speakers > Click on Set as Default Device.
    • Left-click on Headphones > Select Set as Default Communication Device.
    • Click OK.

If the issue still occurs, contact your device manufacturer's support for assistance on configuring your device.

Let us know what happens after following the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Apr 13, 2024
  4. windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING"

8.1 tablet sound issue - background only, no voices intermittent loss of center channel?

Had a Venue 11 Pro with Windows 8.1 for several months now. At first I noticed no signs of issues with the audio, then I had a problem that I've been able to temporarily fix, but not find the source/properly resolve.

Symptoms : I can only hear the background music or effects, but no voices - as if the center channel has been lost.

Conditions : I recently started mirroring the tablet display onto a television with the Netgear Push2TV3000. And in doing so, the audio is set to the television instead of the tablet. Usually the devices figure out which source to use for audio on their own, however occasionally I have to tell the tablet to use the television.

Observations : I've been unable to confirm that using the Push2TV3000 and subsequently putting the audio temporarily to the television cause some type of issue, when you are done with the television and want to use the tablet normally. Since I still get audio either way, it suggests to me that the tv mirroring may not be related. Having said that, the issue only started after purchasing and using the Push device.

My Windows playback devices has listed 'speakers' and 'headphones.' Speakers is the default communications device and what is used when everything is working. I have never had the 'headphones' shown as working, whether I have them plugged in or not. They just use the speaker device.

Things tried to solve it :
    Google/forum results suggest it's down to a faulty pin or a grounding issue in the jack.

• Pulling the 3.5mm plug out slightly - does not help
    • Offsetting the speaker balance in Windows e.g. left speaker 0, right speaker 2 - this does restore the sound

Only known fix at the moment: For the several times that it's happened, a full shutdown from Windows and reboot solves it. However one time it did not solve it and I spent hours trying all manners of configurations in Windows, various video programs and disabling/enabling the aforementioned 'headphones' device in playback configuration. And despite that, eventually another shutdown worked.

I appreciate it doesn't happen all the time, however because the shutdown method is not 100%, it makes me uneasy when I give the tablet to family to take say on a train, only for them to come home and say they couldn't watch any thing because the sound was messed up.

newconroer, Apr 13, 2024
Thema:

windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING"

1. windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING" - Similar Threads - Audio lowering sound

2. windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING": hi i have major issues windows 11 with my audio being taken over whenever a audio voice channel is open despite deactivating sound communication to "do nothing" when a voice channel is detected. drivers are up to date. its not just one particular app. you can have spotify or...
  3. Windows 11 sound , When Windows detects communications activity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 sound , When Windows detects communications activity: Hello,I would like to know if there is a way in PowerShell or in the Reggedit to change the following setting: In sound > Communications > When Windows detects communications activity. I want to set this setting to "Do nothing" on my computers.Thank you all!...
  4. Windows 11 sound , When Windows detects communications activity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 sound , When Windows detects communications activity: Hello,I would like to know if there is a way in PowerShell or in the Reggedit to change the following setting: In sound > Communications > When Windows detects communications activity. I want to set this setting to "Do nothing" on my computers.Thank you all!...
  5. Audio sounds alot lower when in a video game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio sounds alot lower when in a video game?: so, i had and always have used my audio on 60 windows, and never changed the in game audio settings in video games.but recently, when i tried to play a game, spesificly skyrim, the audio is just alot lower? even when i boost the volume to 100 yes checked volume mixer, and...
  6. Audio sounds alot lower when in a video game?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio sounds alot lower when in a video game?: so, i had and always have used my audio on 60 windows, and never changed the in game audio settings in video games.but recently, when i tried to play a game, spesificly skyrim, the audio is just alot lower? even when i boost the volume to 100 yes checked volume mixer, and...
  7. All audio lowers when hearing a voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All audio lowers when hearing a voice: Hi, I'm sure other people have asked this question before, but every time I'm playing a game or watching youtube , everytime someone would talk, all background audio would lower itself. For example, if im playing overwatch and someone says "Hi" or something, all background...
  8. Sound output lowers everything except for voice when using VoIP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound output lowers everything except for voice when using VoIP: Hello, I have an HP EliteBook 830 G6 which lowers the volume of sound effects, music and so on on videos and music when I use VoIP like Discord. I searched for any way to disable it but I have not yet found a way to do so. Does anyone has an idea what this technology is...
  9. Communications tab set to do nothing and my volume is still lowering when i access...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Communications tab set to do nothing and my volume is still lowering when i access...: I have spent the better part of 2 hours trying to find a fix for this, short of factory resetting my computer i feel like i have tried everything. I turned off the communications tab and set it to do nothing when i enter a call (which it thinks my games are calls..) i have...
  10. Communication settings "Do Nothing" is broken & unreliable. FIX IT!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Communication settings "Do Nothing" is broken & unreliable. FIX IT!: You need to learn to stop f......messing...with "Features" you deem "useful" this "feature" is missing with my sound, music, games...etc when I watch a youtube video for example, HOW do I completely disable this feature, via registry or other. Don't tell me to rollback...