Windows 10: Windows 11 audio playback distortion with USB audio interface, extremely high driver latencies

Discus and support Windows 11 audio playback distortion with USB audio interface, extremely high driver latencies in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; System InfoLenovo ThinkPad T16 Gen2, 13th Gen intel i7-1355U, Windows 11 Pro version 23H2, build 22631.3737, 32GB RAMHi there, I'm having severe audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Philip Lonergan, Jun 21, 2024.

1. Windows 11 audio playback distortion with USB audio interface, extremely high driver latencies

System InfoLenovo ThinkPad T16 Gen2, 13th Gen intel i7-1355U, Windows 11 Pro version 23H2, build 22631.3737, 32GB RAMHi there, I'm having severe audio playback problems with windows 11 over my USB interface. I had a windows 10 laptop that I used with the interface for years and I never had any problems. Problem: I'm getting intermittent audio playback distortion over my laptop with USB audio interface. It is a fuzzy distortion that sounds like a bitcrusher. I finally ran LatencyMon and there are several drivers that are presenting absolutely stratospheric latency values, even when NO audio is

:)

Philip Lonergan, Jun 21, 2024

2. High DPC Latency with System Audio Through Audio Interface.

All of my system audio is running through the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 USB 2.0 audio interface.

While running PreSonus Studio One v3.5 (Digital Audio Workstation software), and while playing back an existing mix, the audio plays back at a slow, fluctuating rate. At best the audio is playing at 90% normal speed with a high amount of popping and crackling.
    At worst, that audio is playing around 50% normal speed with an extreme amount of digital artifacting, and the audio sounds smeared and unlistenable. The CPU performance meter in Studio One reports an overload state, while the Windows Task Manager reports
    only 14% CPU usage. Studio One also reports the latency from my interface as 42.7 ms. There was nothing else running, aside from the normal background processes from other applications I have installed, at the time of the test.

Outside of Studio One, other system audio from web browsers and games exhibits pops and cracks to a lesser degree, but are still significant. However there is no fluctuation of playback speed, in this case.

LatencyMon reports that USBPORT.SYS, ndis.sys, nvldddmkm.sys, and dxgkrnl.sys all exhibit overly long execution times (these are the top four listed in the Drivers tab, sorted by highest execution time). USBPORT.SYS had a maximum execution time of 17648.650833
    µs.

Here's is the link to my Windows Performance Recorder results. I followed the instructions in the appropriate Wiki on this.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B-cgllIt-nprckRtZWxOaXhZdWc

Hope you all can help me out! Go Internet!

Audiophile42, Jun 21, 2024
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    High DPC Latency with System Audio Through Audio Interface.

Hi,

The concern you have encountered may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting.

Many audio problems on a computer can be caused by DPC latency. DPC stands for Deferred Procedure Call. In its simplest form, it is the part of your Windows system that handles driver efficiency. If there is a driver that is taking longer than normal to
    process, it may prevent other drivers from being processed in time. The worst case is that it can cause your audio interface driver from responding in time and can cause clicks, pops, distortion and dropouts.

We suggest to update the driver of your audio card. Generally speaking, updated drivers deliver better functionality and improved performance. For the most part, you certainly want to upgrade your drivers unless you have a very specific reason for not wanting
    to do so. To perform the task, simply follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa on this
    link.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jun 21, 2024
  4. Windows 11 audio playback distortion with USB audio interface, extremely high driver latencies

Audio Distortion

Hello. I am running on Windows 10 Pro build 14222. Whenever I play audio/video online there is a very annoying audio distortion. I tried reinstalling audio drivers and I reinstalled windows 10 and all the drivers. Even after that audio distortion has not
    been solved. I have got a replacement of speakers and IO board and still the problem persists. There are absolutely no sound enhancement and the sound is set to CD quality. Audio troubleshooting and using Microsoft HD audio driver instead of Realtek didn't
    help. And I am running the latest updated drivers prescribed by dell. Kindly help me out with a solution.

PS: I am running on Windows 10 Pro.

System Specs are : Intel i5(7th gen), 8GB DDR4 RAM, Realtek audio.

While Running DPC Latency Checker and LatencyMon I am getting huge red bars. (High Latency Issue)

prashanthwagle, Jun 21, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 audio playback distortion with USB audio interface, extremely high driver latencies

1. Windows 11 audio playback distortion with USB audio interface, extremely high driver latencies - Similar Threads - audio playback distortion

2. Windows 11 audio playback distortion with USB audio interface, extremely high driver latencies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 audio playback distortion with USB audio interface, extremely high driver latencies: System InfoLenovo ThinkPad T16 Gen2, 13th Gen intel i7-1355U, Windows 11 Pro version 23H2, build 22631.3737, 32GB RAMHi there, I'm having severe audio playback problems with windows 11 over my USB interface. I had a windows 10 laptop that I used with the interface for years...
  3. High DPC latency causing full audio dropouts on my audio interface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High DPC latency causing full audio dropouts on my audio interface: I have been troubleshooting since December, I've uninstalled and reinstalled so many drivers, I've reinstalled Windows. I've updated my Bios, I've checked all my power settings, I've unplugged old drives. I am fully at a loss on where to take this next, so I beseech thee here...
  4. ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High DPC Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High DPC Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps: Ive been reading through the supposed "fixes" to this problem by browsing through the posts here, but none of them work, Have microsoft come up with a fix for this problem yet? LATENCYMON reports extremely high latency of the ACPI.SYS driver which renders my MSI STEALTH GS66...
  5. ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High DPC Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High DPC Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps: Ive been reading through the supposed "fixes" to this problem by browsing through the posts here, but none of them work, Have microsoft come up with a fix for this problem yet? LATENCYMON reports extremely high latency of the ACPI.SYS driver which renders my MSI STEALTH GS66...
  6. ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High DPC Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps

7. ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps

ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps: Ive been reading through the supposed "fixes" to this problem by browsing through the posts here, but none of them work, Have microsoft come up with a fix for this problem yet? LATENCYMON reports extremely high latency of the ACPI.SYS driver which renders my MSI STEALTH GS66...
  8. ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps: Ive been reading through the supposed "fixes" to this problem by browsing through the posts here, but none of them work, Have microsoft come up with a fix for this problem yet? LATENCYMON reports extremely high latency of the ACPI.SYS driver which renders my MSI STEALTH GS66...
  9. ACPI.SYS Causing Extremely High Latency With Audio Playback Pops/Snaps

10. i8042prt.sys causing distortion for Focusrite audio interface playback

i8042prt.sys causing distortion for Focusrite audio interface playback: I'm using an HP Envy Laptop. I recently upgraded to windows 10 version 2004. When I was in version 1903, I disabled my internet, blue-tooth, NVIDIA graphics card, and ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery drivers to help with the distortion. I found that i8042prt.sys was also...