Windows 10: Windows 11 Auto-HDR does not work for some games?

Discus and support Windows 11 Auto-HDR does not work for some games? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It works with Battlefield 4, Arma 3 and Titanfall 2, but when booting up Halo MCC and Squad, I do not get a notification and I cannot adjust the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DeathDiamond720, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Auto-HDR does not work for some games?

It works with Battlefield 4, Arma 3 and Titanfall 2, but when booting up Halo MCC and Squad, I do not get a notification and I cannot adjust the slider. I also tried Insurgency: Sandstorm, which did allow me to use the slider but it made no visual difference, I also did not get a notification there either. From what I know auto-HDR should work with all DirectX 11/12 games, but maybe it is only with specific ones?

:)

DeathDiamond720, Mar 29, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Auto HDR preview for Windows 10 PC gaming available today

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/direc...ailable-today/

How to Enable or Disable Auto HDR for Games in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 29, 2022
  3. heineoen Win User
    Auto HDR for N8

AUTO HDR is a must have for this camera

heineoen, Mar 29, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Auto-HDR does not work for some games?

Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

Hello moderator

1. Its all the games I own that don't support HDR10. Basically when I full screen on a non-HDR game, the screen goes black for a few seconds and HDR gets disabled and all the colors looked washed out (Like its in SDR)

I took 2 screenshots, One is in window mode, the other is in full screen

Windowed mode (HDR on) : imgur.com

Full screen mode (HDR off) : imgur.com

2. Yes SDR looks washed out. I want to play my games in full screen and in HDR. Playing in windowed mode is a nightmare

3. I know because the monitor goes black for a few seconds and all the colors look washed out (As shown in the screenshots)

Sadly the fixes did not work Windows 11 Auto-HDR does not work for some games? :(

I updated the GPU drivers via GeForce Experience app.

My Monitor does support 4k HDR10

I tried lower the resolution and the refresh rate but that did not work.

Here is a video of my problem

YouTube Link :

Time Stamps :

0:00 HDR mode is on everything looks fine (In the video, when it looks high contrast, that means HDR is on)

0:35 I full screen the game. If you notice the high contrast is no longer there, the colors are washed out

0:46 I disable full screen and HDR mode is back on

*HDR looks high contrast, Ignore that, that's just the video itself.

Im also using windows 10 64bit 1809

WillyMcFly, Mar 29, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Auto-HDR does not work for some games?

1. Windows 11 Auto-HDR does not work for some games? - Similar Threads - Auto HDR does

2. Auto HDR settings Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto HDR settings Windows 11: I have a HDR screen but as with windows 10 if I turn on HDR, it just looks awful in windows all washed out, I can bump the brightness in the settings but the colours are still wrong, with a warmer tint than with it off.However I have various games etc with HDR, is there not a...
  3. Auto HDR settings Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto HDR settings Windows 11: I have a HDR screen but as with windows 10 if I turn on HDR, it just looks awful in windows all washed out, I can bump the brightness in the settings but the colours are still wrong, with a warmer tint than with it off.However I have various games etc with HDR, is there not a...
  4. HDR not working in some games, working in others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR not working in some games, working in others: I've been having issues with HDR on my main gaming rig for a while, and I figured I might as well actually post on the internet and ask about it now rather than just sitting on the problem and trying to fix it myself.For the most part, Windows recognizes that I have two...
  5. HDR not working in some games, working in others

HDR not working in some games, working in others: I've been having issues with HDR on my main gaming rig for a while, and I figured I might as well actually post on the internet and ask about it now rather than just sitting on the problem and trying to fix it myself.For the most part, Windows recognizes that I have two...
  6. AUTO HDR Stopped Working In Game, "The Quarry"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AUTO HDR Stopped Working In Game, "The Quarry": It was working fine yesterday. Today, I booted it up and the game did not notify me that auto hdr was applied. I don't know how to fix this. It enables just fine in Lost Ark so I know I have it on!...
  7. AUTO HDR Stopped Working In Game, "The Quarry"

AUTO HDR Stopped Working In Game, "The Quarry": It was working fine yesterday. Today, I booted it up and the game did not notify me that auto hdr was applied. I don't know how to fix this. It enables just fine in Lost Ark so I know I have it on!...
  8. Windows 11 Auto-HDR does not work for some games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Auto-HDR does not work for some games?: It works with Battlefield 4, Arma 3 and Titanfall 2, but when booting up Halo MCC and Squad, I do not get a notification and I cannot adjust the slider. I also tried Insurgency: Sandstorm, which did allow me to use the slider but it made no visual difference, I also did not...
  9. Auto HDR Windows 11 does not seem to do anything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto HDR Windows 11 does not seem to do anything?: I've booted up games with it on and restarted them to get a difference but there is very little that has changed if at all. I've even toggled it on and off in game which also did nothing. I have a Samsung Odyssey G7 monitor HDR compatible and I have only tried DirectX 11 and...
  10. Auto HDR Windows 11 does not seem to do anything?

Auto HDR Windows 11 does not seem to do anything?: I've booted up games with it on and restarted them to get a difference but there is very little that has changed if at all. I've even toggled it on and off in game which also did nothing. I have a Samsung Odyssey G7 monitor HDR compatible and I have only tried DirectX 11 and...