Windows 10: windows 11 background wallpaper support heic files

Discus and support windows 11 background wallpaper support heic files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When will Winidows 11 support Background Wallpaper HEIC files? ALl of my photos are HEIC format.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobDelgado1, Feb 21, 2024.

1. windows 11 background wallpaper support heic files

When will Winidows 11 support Background Wallpaper HEIC files? ALl of my photos are HEIC format.

:)

RobDelgado1, Feb 21, 2024

2. Writing HEIC files / HEIC related metadata

Hello,

I'm trying to change meta data of the HEIC images. Unfortunately, it seems that the current HEIC plugin / file support doesn't allow writing HEIC files or the related meta data. I can open the images and see them OK however. For example, I cannot add an description to a photo, or I cannot tag a HEIC image as an favorite in the photos app, there's no tags, subject or any other description fields, no copyright and I cannot add new meta data fields (for example the standard fields to be used in the press images).

- So is there some way to add HEIC writing support to the Windows 11? Preferably at the "native level", so that all the applications could take advantage of it. Either paid or free, goes.

- If not, is there a plan to add a full HEIC support to the Windows 11? I guess it would make sense, as these days it's the "standard" in iPhone and overall quite advanced, for example compared to ages old JPG.

- Anything else particular, I should be aware of, in terms of HEIC support? (besides the copyright / IP right issues, I assume is one of the root causes of the limited support)

Juho Risku, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Marrion_Y Win User
    HEIC format support changes in 2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5032190)

Hi RahulKapoor,

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community. I understand that you are experiencing an issue with copying files from your iPhone to your Surface Pro running Windows 11 Pro.

I would like to ask the following questions for us to further understand and isolate the issue:

• Which Surface Pro model do you have? For reference, see: Find out which Surface model you have - Microsoft Support
    • What Windows version, edition and OS build is currently installaed on your Surface? To check, go to Windows Settings > System > About then see under Windows specifications.

Firstly, to answer your question, there are no specific changes related to HEIC format support in the KB5032190 or KB5030509 updates for Windows 11. However, it is possible that the updates may have caused some changes in the way your Surface Pro handles HEIC files since you mentioned that the photos used to be copied as JPEG files until yesterday, but now they are in HEIC format. With that, one possible cause of this issue is that Windows 11 has changed its default behavior for handling HEIC files after installing these updates. Windows 11 can now natively support HEIC files, which means that it does not need to convert them to JPEG files when copying them from your iPhone. This may result in faster and more efficient file transfers, but it may also cause some compatibility issues with other applications or devices that do not support HEIC files.

To verify this, please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to the folder where you copied the photos from your iPhone.

2. Right-click on one of the photos and select Properties.

3. In the General tab, check the file type. If it says HEIC or HEIF, then Windows 11 has copied the photo in its original format without converting it to JPEG.

Now, to troubleshoot the issue, kindly try checking for updates first and see if there are additional updates available for your Surface. make sure all updates are installed including Optional updates. Next, run the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit to run some system checks and repairs on the device then see if the issue persists. See: Fix common Surface problems using the Surface app and Surface Diagnostic Toolkit - Microsoft Support

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
    Marrion

Marrion_Y, Feb 21, 2024
  4. windows 11 background wallpaper support heic files

Background Wallpaper

Hello Svetlana,

I think you did not get what I ask about wallpaper, I have mentioned that is it possible to set the background wallpaper at home screen and menu list screen not the LOCK SCREEN. I know for lock screen wallpapers can be set. In windows phone 8 we can set
    only black and white background for home screens. I don't know what Microsoft has think to put such thing in mobiles. At least wallpapers supposed to be there for HOME SCREENS.

Rahul_WP8_620, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

windows 11 background wallpaper support heic files

1. windows 11 background wallpaper support heic files - Similar Threads - background wallpaper support

2. windows 11 background wallpaper support heic files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 background wallpaper support heic files: When will Winidows 11 support Background Wallpaper HEIC files? ALl of my photos are HEIC format. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-background-wallpaper-support-heic-files/7cd82b21-0aac-4abb-aa9f-40364b5ba340
  3. HEIC File .HEIC download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEIC File .HEIC download: need HEIC add on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-file-heic-download/c257654c-cb9a-4939-9f05-8608ea15edbf
  4. HEIC File .HEIC download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HEIC File .HEIC download: need HEIC add on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-file-heic-download/c257654c-cb9a-4939-9f05-8608ea15edbf
  5. HEIC File .HEIC download

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Background wallpapers on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background wallpapers on Windows: When I set my background wallpapers to slideshow, it runs normally, but I don't really want it executing slides when I am not using the PC, and in power options and settings, you can only activate, deactivate and change your options, don't set when you want to suspend your...
  7. Background wallpapers on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background wallpapers on Windows: When I set my background wallpapers to slideshow, it runs normally, but I don't really want it executing slides when I am not using the PC, and in power options and settings, you can only activate, deactivate and change your options, don't set when you want to suspend your...
  8. HEIC support is completely broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HEIC support is completely broken: I've installed Microsoft's offical HEIF and HEVC libraries, and have massive problems. When programs load images, the library sometimes leaves file handles open, forcing you to reboot to regain control over the file. Adobe Bridge can only access a low resolution version of...
  9. Background wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background wallpaper: In Windows 7 you could set a sideshow as a Main Folder and it would pick up all subsidiary folders also, so that the random shots would trawl through all folders. In Windows 10 it seems you can only nominate 1 folder. Is there a way around that? Thx...
  10. wallpaper/backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    wallpaper/backgrounds: My win 10 home edition will not let me change my wallpaper anymore since the Oct. update. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet and none of them work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaperbackgrounds/af486ca3-6b31-4d3e-a8d0-68eab56808ef