Windows 10: Windows 11 battery life

Discus and support Windows 11 battery life in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have my laptop that I have installed windows 11 on it. The battery life on my laptop is not the best, so I wanted to know if windows 11 will drain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Prahalad l, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Windows 11 battery life

I have my laptop that I have installed windows 11 on it. The battery life on my laptop is not the best, so I wanted to know if windows 11 will drain more or less battery than windows 10.

:)

Prahalad l, Oct 7, 2021

2. The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Oct 7, 2021
  3. The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Oct 7, 2021
  4. CJLim Win User

Windows 11 battery life

6230i battery life

Yes, this is indeed the reason for the poor battery life you are experiencing. I would suggest switching to another network which has better coverage in your area.

Message Edited by on 29-Jan-2009 11:45 AM

CJLim, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 battery life

1. Windows 11 battery life - Similar Threads - battery life

2. How to maximise total life-time of laptop battery? windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to maximise total life-time of laptop battery? windows 11.: How to maximise total life-time of laptop battery? windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-maximise-total-life-time-of-laptop-battery/b7f7514e-e7df-4f29-a599-c89c2a683b5c
  3. How to maximise total life-time of laptop battery? windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to maximise total life-time of laptop battery? windows 11.: How to maximise total life-time of laptop battery? windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-maximise-total-life-time-of-laptop-battery/b7f7514e-e7df-4f29-a599-c89c2a683b5c
  4. Performance and battery life differences between windows 11 home and pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance and battery life differences between windows 11 home and pro?: I just upgraded 11 from home to pro. Want to know how much is the overhead for added pro features? Will battery life and performance be identical?...
  5. Performance and battery life differences between windows 11 home and pro?

Performance and battery life differences between windows 11 home and pro?: I just upgraded 11 from home to pro. Want to know how much is the overhead for added pro features? Will battery life and performance be identical?...
  6. Hi, why my PC battery's life is 100% but it goes off even when the battery is charged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, why my PC battery's life is 100% but it goes off even when the battery is charged: Hi, why my PC battery's life is 100% but it goes off even when the battery is charged. First it goes off when the battery is about 50% low but now it goes off even when is above 50%....
  7. Hi, why my PC battery's life is 100% but it goes off even when the battery is charged

Hi, why my PC battery's life is 100% but it goes off even when the battery is charged: Hi, why my PC battery's life is 100% but it goes off even when the battery is charged. First it goes off when the battery is about 50% low but now it goes off even when is above 50%....
  8. New battery has low battery life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New battery has low battery life: I've just gotten a new battery around 5 months ago and I didn't remember to ask, but why does the new battery only last 2 hours when unplugged from fully charged?The amount of programs and brightness aren't affecting this, and my power plan isn't in high performance mode.Will...
  9. New battery has low battery life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New battery has low battery life: I've just gotten a new battery around 5 months ago and I didn't remember to ask, but why does the new battery only last 2 hours when unplugged from fully charged?The amount of programs and brightness aren't affecting this, and my power plan isn't in high performance mode.Will...
  10. New battery has low battery life