Windows 10: Windows 11 - black screen freezing but sounds still working - Crashes to BSODv

Discus and support Windows 11 - black screen freezing but sounds still working - Crashes to BSODv in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I randomly get a black screen crash where everything is unresponsive but I still hear music if I am gaming. Sometimes I crash when I am using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by veteran1978, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Windows 11 - black screen freezing but sounds still working - Crashes to BSODv

Hi, I randomly get a black screen crash where everything is unresponsive but I still hear music if I am gaming. Sometimes I crash when I am using Microsoft Edge. It is quite random.The BSOD lists win32kfull.sys as the fault.I had a look Event Viewer and the last reported event was:Fault bucket AV_win32kfull!MAPPER::MAPPER, type 0Event Name: BlueScreenResponse: Not availableCab Id: 7bad71fa-c488-4f31-b0ad-63b617431ec2Problem signatureWindows 11 - black screen freezing but sounds still working - Crashes to BSODv :p1: 3bP2: c0000005P3: ffffcec7db164262P4: ffffcb0b6c0fefb0P5: 0P6: 10_0_22000

:)

veteran1978, Sep 13, 2022

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 13, 2022
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 13, 2022
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 11 - black screen freezing but sounds still working - Crashes to BSODv

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Sep 13, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 - black screen freezing but sounds still working - Crashes to BSODv

1. Windows 11 - black screen freezing but sounds still working - Crashes to BSODv - Similar Threads - black screen freezing

2. black screen freeze on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen freeze on windows 11.: Since few weeks i have an annoying bug that happen at random like more or less once every weeki use my laptop to do random stuff surfing, watch video streaming, etc, and suddenly the screen turn black no text, no cursor, just a black background, if watching video at this...
  3. black screen freeze on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black screen freeze on windows 11.: Since few weeks i have an annoying bug that happen at random like more or less once every weeki use my laptop to do random stuff surfing, watch video streaming, etc, and suddenly the screen turn black no text, no cursor, just a black background, if watching video at this...
  4. Windows 11 - black screen freezing but sounds still working - Crashes to BSODv

Windows 11 - black screen freezing but sounds still working - Crashes to BSODv: Hi, I randomly get a black screen crash where everything is unresponsive but I still hear music if I am gaming. Sometimes I crash when I am using Microsoft Edge. It is quite random.The BSOD lists win32kfull.sys as the fault.I had a look Event Viewer and the last reported...
  5. Getting crashes, black screen and freezes on Windows 11

Getting crashes, black screen and freezes on Windows 11: Hello, since yesterday everytime I try to play something, about a few minutes in my pc hard freezes and I have to press the power button.Or it shuts down and restarts automatically however it does not boot that way, so I have to restart it to actually boot.Or I get a black...
  6. Getting crashes, black screen and freezes on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting crashes, black screen and freezes on Windows 11: Hello, since yesterday everytime I try to play something, about a few minutes in my pc hard freezes and I have to press the power button.Or it shuts down and restarts automatically however it does not boot that way, so I have to restart it to actually boot.Or I get a black...
  7. Screen freezes but mouse and sound still work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen freezes but mouse and sound still work: I have been having this issue for about a week now. Randomly, usually when gaming, my screen would freeze but my sound continues to be normal and I can move my mouse around. But I can't click on anything, alt+tab, or ctrl+alt+del. The only thing I can do is hold my power...
  8. Black screen/Freeze restart or crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen/Freeze restart or crash: Up until a few months ago my pc was running fine, no problems. Recently however when im playing games the computer either freezes with black screen and i have to manually switch off and restart or it just restarts suddenly. Ive updated my drivers and checked online for...
  9. Black screen but the laptop is still working ...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen but the laptop is still working ...: I have a question concerning another situation with my laptop. My screen goes to black 5 minutes after no activities and i could put it back up just by pressing on any keys from the keyboard. Now I can't turn the screen up back but I still can hear the laptop working in the...
  10. windows crash, freeze or hang on black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows crash, freeze or hang on black screen: Hi, i have acer e1-572g under and i installed windows 10 x64, once the windows start updating the issue start with the updatemicro chip driver display The laptop contian amd r7 m265 display card and the windows is not installing the correct driver. and when i do it...