Windows 10: Windows 11 Black Screen with Mouse pointer after login

Discus and support Windows 11 Black Screen with Mouse pointer after login in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I recently booted up my Win 11 Version 23H2 HP laptop and was greeted with a black screen. No desktop, no apps, nothing, Weirdly the mouse pointer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Keith:, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Keith: Win User

Windows 11 Black Screen with Mouse pointer after login

Hi,I recently booted up my Win 11 Version 23H2 HP laptop and was greeted with a black screen. No desktop, no apps, nothing, Weirdly the mouse pointer was visible and controllable. Multiple re-boots, in and out of Safe Mode, Windows Recovery Environment etc. didn't get me anywhere. I wanted to post this message to hopefully save you some time if you find yourself in the same situation.Cutting a long story short: I found several corrupted files and a missing system file - explorer.exeFrom what I understand explorer.exe handles the bulk of GUI operations.Hitting Ctrl - Alt - Delete at the black

:)

Keith:, Jun 23, 2024
  2. A.Tannous Win User

Windows 10 black screen with mouse pointer after login screen

Installed Windows 10 update over Windows 7 on an HP Pavilion dv6 notebook, i7 2.0GHz 64bit , 8GB RAM, 700GB HDD.

After successful login, the desktop comes up normal for about 30 seconds then goes black. the mouse pointer still works and I can run task manager and run apps through there.

Any suggestions to fix the black screens?

thanks!

A.Tannous, Jun 23, 2024
  3. J Capone Win User
    Hanging loading wheel at login/Black Screen with pointer/Cannot Locate Desktop error - Windows 10

Problem:

Unable to login to my computer. Presented with black screen and mouse pointer after logging into my account (I am able to see the list of accounts, the start picture, and login before getting a black screen).

Details:

Computer is a Lenovo Yoga 14. Originally came with Windows 8; upgraded to Windows 10 with free upgrade offer in June/July of 2016. Worked well after the upgrade for some time. Began experiencing slow start up times one or two months ago but could always
    get to my desktop. Starting Dec 24th, I've only gotten a black screen with pointer after attempting to login.

Getting to the login screen takes several minutes. Severe lag when attempting action on login screen (typing in password, accessing options from power button in lower right hand corner). Logging in results in a spinning wheel for several minutes, then
    a black screen with mouse pointer.

Early into my attempts to resolve, I got to a blank desktop with an error stating the desktop path could not be found.

Solutions tried:

1. Refresh, restore, and startup repair give errors stating action cannot be completed.

2. Attempts to load in safe mode with networking results in a continuous black screen (no pointer). This keeps me from trying numerous solutions I've found on various forums.

3. Attempted to find steps for creating a boot disk on thumb drive. Information states a product key is required, something I don't have since I installed via free upgrade

4. Tried switching between monitors with Windows key and "p" as suggested in one solution - did not work.

5. At one point I was able to get into Task Manager - no longer the case

J Capone, Jun 23, 2024
  4. Windows 11 Black Screen with Mouse pointer after login

Windows 11- Black screen with only mouse cursor visible before login screen

I have Dell Vostro 5481 laptop Core i7, 16 GB RAM. I had Windows 10 Pro, upgraded to Windows 11 and started facing this issue. When I power on the laptop after Dell logo I can hear windows boot sound but screen is black with only mouse pointer visible, I can move the mouse pointer, keyboard lights are working (CAPS/ NUM lock). I can't even get task manager with CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+Shift+Esc.

I was able to login to Window 11 after upgrade was complete but after reboot it got stucked on login screen.

I tried fresh install to Windows 11 two times, after installation completion I was able to login to Windows 11 but again after I restarted the laptop it stucked forever on the back login screen. Next day I was able to get the login screen and was able to login. But after laptop got hibernated, I started seeing black screen again. Tried restarting laptop multiple time but I get same screen.

I tried all options found online- CTRL+Shift+Wind+B etc but none of them working.

PS- I'm able to login to Windows 11 with safe mode.

Please help if anyone is able to fix this issue. This is really frustrating. I'm regretting upgrading to Windows 11 Windows 11 Black Screen with Mouse pointer after login :(

Jagdish_171, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 Black Screen with Mouse pointer after login

1. Windows 11 Black Screen with Mouse pointer after login - Similar Threads - Black Screen Mouse

2. Mouse pointer is visible at login screen but disappears after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer is visible at login screen but disappears after login: Hardware: Lenovo LegionOS: Windows 11The problem is seen since last 3 days. We have 3 accounts on the laptop. The mouse pointer is visible at the login screen but disappears once login is complete.The problem occurs only for 2 accounts including admin account. 3rd account...
  3. Mouse pointer is visible at login screen but disappears after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer is visible at login screen but disappears after login: Hardware: Lenovo LegionOS: Windows 11The problem is seen since last 3 days. We have 3 accounts on the laptop. The mouse pointer is visible at the login screen but disappears once login is complete.The problem occurs only for 2 accounts including admin account. 3rd account...
  4. Windows 11 Black Screen with Mouse pointer after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Black Screen with Mouse pointer after login: Hi,I recently booted up my Win 11 Version 23H2 HP laptop and was greeted with a black screen. No desktop, no apps, nothing, Weirdly the mouse pointer was visible and controllable. Multiple re-boots, in and out of Safe Mode, Windows Recovery Environment etc. didn't get me...
  5. Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login: Hi,I know many have asked, and I have tried everything I have seen so far. Just bought the PC new, win10 with gtx 1650 graphics. Worked fine for a couple of startups, then message about disk errors followed by boot into normal login screen. This goes into black screen with...
  6. Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login: Hi,I know many have asked, and I have tried everything I have seen so far. Just bought the PC new, win10 with gtx 1650 graphics. Worked fine for a couple of startups, then message about disk errors followed by boot into normal login screen. This goes into black screen with...
  7. Blank screen with mouse pointer after windows login

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. after login- blank screen with mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after login- blank screen with mouse pointer: I have been using Windows 10 for a couple of years. 5 days ago, while issuing a print, Windows 10 desktop disappeared suddenly. I get a blank screen with mouse pointer. No desktop, no task bar, no start menu. I tried the following options (after reading online) regedit...
  9. Black screen with mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with mouse pointer: I wanted to give some feedback for the 10061 build and when I did, Windows kindly offered to create a Microsoft Account for me as I didn't have one on my Dell 15R laptop. That worked fine and i was able to submit the feedback, but when I Signed out of the MS account so I...
  10. Blank screen after startup, no login, no mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen after startup, no login, no mouse pointer: Wonder if anyone could help. Switched on a friend's PC today with Windows 10 fully updated (upgraded from Windows 7 around a month ago), and it loads to where the login screen should be ie after the Windows 10 logo etc, but then the screen is blank. There's no mouse...