Windows 10: windows 11 black screens on first start up and downgrades to windows 10

Discus and support windows 11 black screens on first start up and downgrades to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Whenever I update to windows 11, on the first startup I get a black screen of death and it restarts to windows 10. Is there anyone that knows how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kyro_246, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Kyro_246 Win User

windows 11 black screens on first start up and downgrades to windows 10

Whenever I update to windows 11, on the first startup I get a black screen of death and it restarts to windows 10. Is there anyone that knows how to fix this issue?

:)

Kyro_246, Jun 27, 2022
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jun 27, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 27, 2022
  4. windows 11 black screens on first start up and downgrades to windows 10

Windows 10 Black screen, Start screen, Critical Low Battery

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the power troubleshooter if you are able to boot into the system.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    For black screen issues click on the link below and refer the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa.

Redirecting

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

windows 11 black screens on first start up and downgrades to windows 10

1. windows 11 black screens on first start up and downgrades to windows 10 - Similar Threads - black screens start

2. Black Screen after start up windows 11

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after start up windows 11: I have windows 11 and my laptop had been running fine but Monday after logging in I get a black screen it will flash a few times and then turn black. If I hold down the power button and start it up again everything runs fine but If I turn it off I get the black screen the...
  3. Black Screen after start up windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen after start up windows 11: I have windows 11 and my laptop had been running fine but Monday after logging in I get a black screen it will flash a few times and then turn black. If I hold down the power button and start it up again everything runs fine but If I turn it off I get the black screen the...
  4. Black Screen after start up windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 11 black screens on first start up and downgrades to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 black screens on first start up and downgrades to windows 10: Whenever I update to windows 11, on the first startup I get a black screen of death and it restarts to windows 10. Is there anyone that knows how to fix this issue?...
  6. windows 11 black screens on first start up and downgrades to windows 10

windows 11 black screens on first start up and downgrades to windows 10: Whenever I update to windows 11, on the first startup I get a black screen of death and it restarts to windows 10. Is there anyone that knows how to fix this issue?...
  7. Windows 11 black start up login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 black start up login screen: Why does windows 11 have a black startup login screen as opposed to windows 10 blue screen can this be changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-black-start-up-login-screen/8c397ccd-0e86-4256-a66e-cdf98833d731
  8. Windows 11 black start up login screen

Windows 11 black start up login screen: Why does windows 11 have a black startup login screen as opposed to windows 10 blue screen can this be changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-black-start-up-login-screen/8c397ccd-0e86-4256-a66e-cdf98833d731
  9. Windows starts up to a black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows starts up to a black screen: Ever since I ran a recent windows update, my PC has just been starting up onto a black screen. It boots up, shows the ASUS screen like normal, then the windows logo but when that disapeers, there is just a black screen. I have tried a using restore point and that didn’t...
  10. Black screen no curser no start up screen just black windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen no curser no start up screen just black windows 10: window 10 black screen with nothing for a quick second something will show up but then back to black screen .I tried to wake it up by pressing windows key+ctrl+shift+B and my start up screen with the login will flash for a second then it goes back to black screen before I...