Windows 10: Windows 11 black text with Dark Theme

Discus and support Windows 11 black text with Dark Theme in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I'm running Windows 11 Home, latest version 2200.258 and when I try using any of the dark themes the text is black when viewing the contents of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by John_662, Oct 15, 2021.

1. John_662 Win User

Windows 11 black text with Dark Theme

Hello,I'm running Windows 11 Home, latest version 2200.258 and when I try using any of the dark themes the text is black when viewing the contents of my hard drives. I've seen other posts where people have complained about the same thing and I followed the advice. Switching to light theme, then back to dark. Rebooting the computer, setting colors to automatic, etc. Nothing has fixed this issue and I haven't read that anyone found a fix. Is there anything I can do to fix this so that the text is white when in dark mode?

:)

John_662, Oct 15, 2021

2. My windows 10 dark theme problem

My windows 10 dark theme has black text on folders and files in explorer, instead of white text, which makes it difficult to read, how can I fix this problem?

AllanM8451, Oct 15, 2021
  3. rseiler Win User
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 20251.1 (fe_release) - Nov. 4 Insider

• [ADDED 11/5] We’re investigating reports that some screens incorrectly have black text on dark backgrounds when dark theme is enabled.

rseiler, Oct 15, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Dark theme is coming to Gmail for Android and iOS Mobile

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Dark theme is coming to Gmail for Android and iOS

Brink, Oct 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11 black text with Dark Theme - Similar Threads - black text Dark

2. Windows 11 Dark theme not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Dark theme not working: So for some reason, my dark theme recently got messed up. I tried switching it back, restarting pc, changing colours, but it's still broken and looks ugly. I really want this fixed, cause it causes some applications to look awful. Especially file explorer. I've added images...
  3. Windows 11 Dark theme not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Dark theme not working: So for some reason, my dark theme recently got messed up. I tried switching it back, restarting pc, changing colours, but it's still broken and looks ugly. I really want this fixed, cause it causes some applications to look awful. Especially file explorer. I've added images...
  4. Windows 11 Dark themes are still showing black text/icons in certain areas

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Dark themes are still showing black text/icons in certain areas: I'm having issues choose dark themes and the ability to fully customize my text colors. I have chosen light colors but while using browsers or in certain areas of my PC, I am still seeing black text used. I'm not sure how to adjust it without just returning to a light theme....
  5. Windows 11 Dark themes are still showing black text/icons in certain areas

Windows 11 Dark themes are still showing black text/icons in certain areas: I'm having issues choose dark themes and the ability to fully customize my text colors. I have chosen light colors but while using browsers or in certain areas of my PC, I am still seeing black text used. I'm not sure how to adjust it without just returning to a light theme....
  6. Windows 11 black text with Dark Theme

Windows 11 black text with Dark Theme: Hello,I'm running Windows 11 Home, latest version 2200.258 and when I try using any of the dark themes the text is black when viewing the contents of my hard drives. I've seen other posts where people have complained about the same thing and I followed the advice. Switching...
  7. windows dark theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows dark theme: does windows dark theme both app theme and windows theme affect performance of PC and make it slow ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dark-theme/084869e9-30d3-42a3-a573-e9f0f16a75df
  8. Troubleshooting windows upper bar text still shows black with dark color theme

Troubleshooting windows upper bar text still shows black with dark color theme: I noticed the troubleshooting program and probably some other things has the text of the upper bar where close icon is black, even if I have a dark color as my Windows theme. I'm just making a suggestion to fix this on the next update. It's not a huge issue, but just to make...
  9. Dark Theme

Dark Theme: Hello, I have Windows 10 and I like the look of the Dark Theme. I have tried to select this theme for Office and it works, mostly. However, when I use Outlook 365 the message pane retains its white colour, and there is no sun or moon icon - in the options - to change it....
  10. Text color has changed to black after enabling dark theme in Windows 10

Text color has changed to black after enabling dark theme in Windows 10: Hi, Does anyone know how to fix this issue? The text color of file names in my File Explorer has changed to black after enabling dark mode. It is really hard to read black letters in black background. [ATTACH]...