Windows 10: Windows 11: Blank/Black Screen After Memory Diagnostic Restart

Discus and support Windows 11: Blank/Black Screen After Memory Diagnostic Restart in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Thank you in advance for anyone who can help me.I downloaded Windows Memory Diagnostics today onto my laptop--Windows 11 HP Spectre 9th Gen i7 with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BL97, Jan 20, 2022.

1. BL97 Win User

Windows 11: Blank/Black Screen After Memory Diagnostic Restart

Thank you in advance for anyone who can help me.I downloaded Windows Memory Diagnostics today onto my laptop--Windows 11 HP Spectre 9th Gen i7 with 512g SSD + 32g Optane Memory+ 16 g RAMI was unsure if my Optane Memory was being used.Upon running it and accepting its prompt to "restart" my computer my laptop turned off and then on but it immediately went to a blank screen I believe but it could be black.It's been like this for over an hour and the fan is going and the keyboard lights up when I interact with it but ctrl alt del does nothing.Is it safe to try a hard reboot? I am scared of losing

:)

2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jan 20, 2022
  3. KB4497935 CAUSING INFINITE BLACK SCREEN WITH SPINNING CIRCLE

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get additional information for clarity:

1. Are you getting a black screen before signing in to Windows 10?
    2. Are you getting a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10?
    3. Are you getting a black screen with spinning dots after restarting the device?

Some of the common scenarios that can cause a black or blank screen to occur are connection problems with your display, display adapter driver update issues, or issues with recent updates or installations.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to check if that works.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 20, 2022
  4. bar9 Win User

Windows memory diagnostic tool not Working in Windows 10

Thanks, Jenith. The problem is that: when I attempt to run Memory Diagnostics Tool manually per your instructions:

• Open Memory Diagnostics Tool by going to Control Panel. In the search box, type Memory, and then click Diagnose your computer's memory problems. 
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Choose when to run the tool.
    When I choose when to run the tool (i.e., for instance, chosing 'restart now and check for problems'), and then shut the computer down, when it comes back up, I get a black screen (as I described in original post), and it appears that Memory Diagnostics
    Tool does not run at all. I wait and wait for minutes ... hours, and screen remains black, with Memory Diagnostics Tool not appearing to be running. I then turn the computer off, and then back on and it boots up normally to Windows 10 without running the Memory
    Diagnostics Tool. Whatever my approach, it seems that Memory Diagnostics Tool will not run.

The Memory Diagnostics Tool has not otherwise run automatically on its own.

Thema:

1. Windows 11: Blank/Black Screen After Memory Diagnostic Restart - Similar Threads - Blank Black Screen

2. Windows 11 Home 21H2 Windows Memory Diagnostic: PC restarted after 37% completion with no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home 21H2 Windows Memory Diagnostic: PC restarted after 37% completion with no...: I have a 2 month old Lenovo IdeaCentre 5 with AMD Ryzen 7 5700G APU which soon after purchasing I added a couple of 16 RAM sticks for video editing which I have re-bedded pushed down on left - click, right - click etc etc.My system seems to randomly and intermittently crash,...
  3. Windows 11 Home 21H2 Windows Memory Diagnostic: PC restarted after 37% completion with no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home 21H2 Windows Memory Diagnostic: PC restarted after 37% completion with no...: I have a 2 month old Lenovo IdeaCentre 5 with AMD Ryzen 7 5700G APU which soon after purchasing I added a couple of 16 RAM sticks for video editing which I have re-bedded pushed down on left - click, right - click etc etc.My system seems to randomly and intermittently crash,...
  4. Windows 11: Blank/Black Screen After Memory Diagnostic Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Blank/Black Screen After Memory Diagnostic Restart: Thank you in advance for anyone who can help me.I downloaded Windows Memory Diagnostics today onto my laptop--Windows 11 HP Spectre 9th Gen i7 with 512g SSD + 32g Optane Memory+ 16 g RAMI was unsure if my Optane Memory was being used.Upon running it and accepting its prompt...
  5. my desktop turned black after doing the windows memory diagnostic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my desktop turned black after doing the windows memory diagnostic: yesterday I opened the windows memory diagnostic to try if it really works after choosing the restart to fix problems my desktop turned black I tried the ctrl + alt + del key but still the same I also tried the windows key + shift + ctrl + B but still the same nothing...
  6. Windows blank restarting screen after install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows blank restarting screen after install: So I have just replaced my mobo, cpu and ram as my old lot wouldn't load up at all and the parts were starting to get out of date. Having downloaded Windows 64-bit installation media, placed it on a USB, selected the ssd I wanted it on and installed it on there. I have got...
  7. Blank blue screen after restart?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blank blue screen after restart?: Sometimes when I restart, it leaves me on a blank blue screen with 'no signal' and it takes far too long to Start or doesn't restart at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-blue-screen-after-restart/93bc6f1c-7f90-4ca8-a193-19a36972dcba
  8. Memory Diagnostic after BSOD

Memory Diagnostic after BSOD: I recently got a BSOD Blue Screen Of Death, I wasn't that scared, because it just happened once. However I just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong, so I searched for the reason and it leaded me to ntoskrnl.exe and after some research I found that it is managing my memory...
  9. Blank or Black Screen when Restarting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank or Black Screen when Restarting Windows 10: On my wife's laptop which is a Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5340, when clicking "Restart" Windows will attempt to restart but will hang at a blank screen before showing the post screen or LOGO. I have let it sit for hours and it does nothing from that point. You then have to use...
  10. After update, Blank black screen!

After update, Blank black screen!: First let me say I don't know to much about computers, please bare with me! I have a laptop HP-15-ba051 windows 10. I don't know much but I do know it's only a year & a half old and barely ever been used. Then last week I went to use it but it was updating so I waited...……....