Windows 10: Windows 11 blocks login for "added security info"

Discus and support Windows 11 blocks login for "added security info" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In their ever more pushy quest to harvest personal data, Microsoft have decided that I need to provide a phone number or alternate email address and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Behemoose, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Behemoose Win User

Windows 11 blocks login for "added security info"

In their ever more pushy quest to harvest personal data, Microsoft have decided that I need to provide a phone number or alternate email address and Windows 11 is blocking login until I provide them. Is there a way to bypass this without being able to login in the first place?

:)

Behemoose, Jun 7, 2023
  2. LVTHER Win User

PC not blocking ads despite correct DNS configuration

winver: 22H2 19045.2965

I am seeking assistance regarding a peculiar issue I've been facing with my PC's ad-blocking setup. I have set up a Pi-hole server and have correctly configured my PC's DNS settings to point to the assigned DNS of the Pi-hole server. However, despite these settings, my PC still fails to block ads.

Here are the troubleshooting steps I have already tried:

• Verified DNS Configuration: I have double-checked and confirmed that my PC's DNS settings are correctly pointing to the Pi-hole server's DNS IP address.
    • Tested on Other Devices: To ensure it's not an issue with the Pi-hole server itself, I have tested ad-blocking functionality on other devices connected to the same network, such as another PC, both wired and wireless, and various cell phones. Ad-blocking works perfectly fine on these devices, confirming that the Pi-hole server is functioning as intended.
    • Previous Configuration with Docker: It's worth noting that I initially had Pi-hole installed on my PC using Docker, and it worked flawlessly in that setup. However, I later switched to using a separate device (Orange 3 LTS) dedicated to running the Pi-hole server. This is when the issue with my PC not blocking ads started occurring.

Considering the steps I've taken and the fact that ad-blocking functions properly on other devices, it appears to be an isolated problem with my PC. I'm puzzled as to why the DNS configuration is not taking effect on my PC specifically.

Windows 11 blocks login for "added security info" 391565d1685411732t-pc-not-blocking-ads-despite-correct-dns-configuration-dnsheadache.png

LVTHER, Jun 7, 2023
  3. How to change password for login without verifying security info?.

Hi Samuwella,

Sorry for the loss, not to worry we will try our best to assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10 account security.

Lets follow the below steps to fix the issue with Windows 10.

1. We Suggest you to refer to the below article on "Get back into your Microsoft account if it's been compromised".
    How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

2. Also refer to the below article on "How do I replace my security info"?
    Microsoft account security info & verification codes - Microsoft Support

3. Two-step verification helps protect you by making it more difficult for someone else to sign in to your Microsoft account. It uses two different forms of identity: your password, and a contact method (also known as security
    info). Even if someone else finds your password, they'll be stopped if they don't have access to your security info.

Refer the steps in the link :

How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Keep us informed with the above information for better assistance.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 blocks login for "added security info"

1. Windows 11 blocks login for "added security info" - Similar Threads - blocks login added

2. Windows 11 blocks login for "added security info"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 blocks login for "added security info": In their ever more pushy quest to harvest personal data, Microsoft have decided that I need to provide a phone number or alternate email address and Windows 11 is blocking login until I provide them. Is there a way to bypass this without being able to login in the first...
  3. "Microsoft Account Security Info was added"...............

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Microsoft Account Security Info was added"...............: I got into my Junk email folder the message bellow:Has anybody received this kind of messages?Obviously, the sender wants to click on this message....Thank you!Saturn...
  4. "Microsoft Account Security Info was added"...............

"Microsoft Account Security Info was added"...............: I got into my Junk email folder the message bellow:Has anybody received this kind of messages?Obviously, the sender wants to click on this message....Thank you!Saturn...
  5. "Microsoft Account Security Info was added"...............

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Microsoft security info added

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft security info added: I keep getting emails in my junk folder supposedly from Microsoft to say these different email addresses have been added to my account, which ARENT me and I dont recognise. There’s an option to click if it isn’t you but I don’t want to click it in case it’s a scam. Also keep...
  7. Microsoft security info added

Microsoft security info added: I keep getting emails in my junk folder supposedly from Microsoft to say these different email addresses have been added to my account, which ARENT me and I dont recognise. There’s an option to click if it isn’t you but I don’t want to click it in case it’s a scam. Also keep...
  8. Microsoft security info added

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. added info

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    added info: Sharing access not working on one of Five network PC's. Access is blocked beyond the User's folder. two PC's sharing the same switch on the network are working fine but only one of them is shareable between the other three.Any Ideas? Thanks in advance, 183360
  10. Forgot my Windows Security login info

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Forgot my Windows Security login info: Whenever I try to access my VPN that's in the Wifi menu on the taskbar, a window pops up, asking me to enter my username or password (a label in the top left corner says Windows Security), both of which, hence the title, I FORGOT. I tried entering my PC username (the one I...