Windows 10: Windows 11 Boot Problem after Shrinking System C: Partition

Discus and support Windows 11 Boot Problem after Shrinking System C: Partition in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'd like to install Arch Linux on my own laptop, then I make the partition from my SSD which contain System WIndows files and shrink it using GParted.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Luthfi Hakim, Jun 10, 2023.

1. Windows 11 Boot Problem after Shrinking System C: Partition

I'd like to install Arch Linux on my own laptop, then I make the partition from my SSD which contain System WIndows files and shrink it using GParted. Actually, the first I want tomake the partition directly from WIndows using default partition manager from windows but I can't do it because it said there's only around 2GB free space But when I opened the File Explorer, it shows there's around 150GB free space. So, I decided to make the partition from GParted. I shrink the System Windows Partition become 100GB I make 50GB unlocated partition for Arch, but when I want to boot to Windows

:)

Luthfi Hakim, Jun 10, 2023

2. Resize Windows 10 System Partition

Hi Adrain,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Run Disk Management. Open Run Command (Windows button +R) a dialog box will open and type "diskmgmt.msc".
    • In the Disk Management screen, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu
    • Locate your system partition — that’s probably the C: partition. Right-click on it and select “Shrink Volume.” If you have multiple partitions on your hard drive, you could also choose to resize a different partition to free up space.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 10, 2023
  3. undo partition shrink

Hi,

If you accidentally shrink the volume of your SSD partition, there is an option to extend the volume as well. To extend the volume of your SSD partition, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard and select Disk Management.
    • Right-click the partition that you want to expand and click Extend Volume.
    • Select the amount of space that you want to extend.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Gerard Qui, Jun 10, 2023
  4. Windows 11 Boot Problem after Shrinking System C: Partition

Can't shrink partition to dual boot, now in dilemma...

Yes it does, but not always. Sometimes you can't to it from inside windows because of the visa shadow copy system and system restore. That's why you should use 3rd party software which does it before windows boots. I personally use EASEUS EaseUS Partition Master - Free Partition Manager to Manage Disk Partitions in Windows

HalfAHertz, Jun 10, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 Boot Problem after Shrinking System C: Partition

1. Windows 11 Boot Problem after Shrinking System C: Partition - Similar Threads - Boot Problem Shrinking

2. Shrink D Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shrink D Partition: Hello, I am facing a problem with C disk. It has not enough space for my applications and I want to get some GB from D partition which it contains Page files and it is a Basic Data Partition. I have read many articles on the internet for this subject. A possible solution is...
  3. Shrink D Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shrink D Partition: Hello, I am facing a problem with C disk. It has not enough space for my applications and I want to get some GB from D partition which it contains Page files and it is a Basic Data Partition. I have read many articles on the internet for this subject. A possible solution is...
  4. Windows 11 Boot Problem after Shrinking System C: Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Boot Problem after Shrinking System C: Partition: I'd like to install Arch Linux on my own laptop, then I make the partition from my SSD which contain System WIndows files and shrink it using GParted. Actually, the first I want tomake the partition directly from WIndows using default partition manager from windows but I...
  5. Unable to shrink a partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to shrink a partition: I have a new SSD and am trying to install Windows Home from a USB drive. I can see in Disk Management several partitions that Windows created, but Windows fails to install due to error 0x8007025D. One suggestion from Microsoft is to reduce the partition to 125GB currently...
  6. Problem shrinking Windows partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem shrinking Windows partition: Hello, I have Windows (ver. 2004, build 19041.630) installed on an M.2 1TB SSD drive, and I want to copy and run it from a SATA 0.5TB SSD. So I'm trying to shrink the main windows partition (951GB total, 160GB used), but disk manager says it can't shrink below 487GB, which...
  7. Unable to boot Windows after shrinking its partition via external means.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to boot Windows after shrinking its partition via external means.: I was attempting to create a Manjaro Linux partition, using its included installer to shrink my Win10 partition, however, I made two mistakes: I mistakingly installed Manjaro as UEFI when Win10 was set to Legacy BIOS. Based on some info I found digging the Manjaro forums...
  8. How do I shrink my C: partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I shrink my C: partition?: I have a Plex server that I want to dual boot with openSUSE Linux. On a Windows partition that has about 150GB of free space, I can shrink that partition only about 17GB. I ran the Windows disk defragmenter and Defraggler and there has been no difference since running the...
  9. Questions re: Expanding System Partition, Shrinking Windows Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Questions re: Expanding System Partition, Shrinking Windows Partition: Hello Everyone, Hopefully I'm not duplicating a thread I haven't found. I'm running Windows Home v. 1803, Build 17134.829 on a Lenovo IdeaPad laptop. Windows Update failed to install the July CU (KB4507435) for v. 1803 with error code 0x800f0922 (possible cause: too-small...
  10. shrink size of c drive while partitioning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    shrink size of c drive while partitioning: Error "Access is denied" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shrink-size-of-c-drive-while-partitioning/9d56b50a-0b10-406b-bdd5-0bb96bdf9791"