Windows 10: Windows 11 boot up very slow, Scanning and Repairing disk drive problem.

Discus and support Windows 11 boot up very slow, Scanning and Repairing disk drive problem. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been facing this issue since months now and its very frustrating. It takes around 4 to 5 minutes for windows to boot up and an additional minute... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BruceMacGary, May 15, 2022.

1. Windows 11 boot up very slow, Scanning and Repairing disk drive problem.

I have been facing this issue since months now and its very frustrating. It takes around 4 to 5 minutes for windows to boot up and an additional minute for windows to get ready for usage. The manufacturer logo with the loading cursor loads for 2 minutes and then says "Repairing and Scanning Drive C:". This shows up everytime I boot up but it never scans or repairs the drive. I have tried restarting many times but it never repairs the drive nor the boot time decreases which is too much even for a traditional hard drive.Apart from this the mouse pointer always keeps flickering and seems that i

:)

BruceMacGary, May 15, 2022
  2. Milennin Win User

Scanning and repairing drive on every start-up

Recently, I had a start-up error with the "Reboot and select proper Boot device" message. I fixed it by unplugging and then plugging back in my drives, but since then it has been slow with starting up Windows, attempting to scan and repair an unknown drive before the login screen.

I need help to figure out which disk it is referring to and how to get rid of the scan and repair thing on start-up.

Windows Version Number: 1903 (OS Build 18362.900)

(Link to the previous thread: Scanning and repairing drive on every start-up
    Tried the things listed there, but couldn't get much further. Was suggested to start this new thread...)

Milennin, May 16, 2022
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Scanning and repairing drive (CWindows 11 boot up very slow, Scanning and Repairing disk drive problem. :) Windows 10

Hi,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system file corruption after it was turned off while it was scanning and repairing drive (CWindows 11 boot up very slow, Scanning and Repairing disk drive problem. :). For us to help you access your computer and end the scanning and repairing loop, we suggest that you perform a startup repair.
    Kindly follow the steps below:

• Start your computer from the installation media, Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer. Press a key once you see a message that says
      Press any key to boot from DVD.
    • On Install the Windows screen, select Repair your computer to the
      Windows Recovery Environment.
    • On the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot
    • Select Advanced options. Under Advanced options, select
      Startup Repair.
    • Startup Repair will now start Diagnosing your PC, and will perform an automatic repair.

Meanwhile, if you don't have a disk or USB, download the ISO from a different computer and try creating a bootable disk or USB. Kindly refer to this

link
    and follow the second option that says Using the tool to create installation media to install Windows 10 on a
    different PC.

Please get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, May 16, 2022
  4. Windows 11 boot up very slow, Scanning and Repairing disk drive problem.

Corrupted disk message after scan & repair

I had a message that I needed to restart my computer to scan and repair a disk problem. I did this. The problem is with my J drive, not the C drive. When restarting the system said it was scanning and repairing J but aborted the process at 73%. I am no longer
    able to reach the drive, although File Explorer lists it still and Disk Manager says the drive is fine and dandy.

I was able to use the drive before the scan and repair ran. Is there any way I can get it to connect again?

JeanneBrownCNY, May 16, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 boot up very slow, Scanning and Repairing disk drive problem.

1. Windows 11 boot up very slow, Scanning and Repairing disk drive problem. - Similar Threads - boot very slow

2. Windows 11 boot up very slow, Scanning and Repairing disk drive problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 boot up very slow, Scanning and Repairing disk drive problem.: I have been facing this issue since months now and its very frustrating. It takes around 4 to 5 minutes for windows to boot up and an additional minute for windows to get ready for usage. The manufacturer logo with the loading cursor loads for 2 minutes and then says...
  3. Very, Very, Very, Slow Boot Up When External Hard Drives Are Attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very, Very, Very, Slow Boot Up When External Hard Drives Are Attached: Lately, my computer will not boot up when my external hard drives are attached. And sometimes even when they are not, I can't boot up without turning the computer on and off until I go to create a restore point. This shouldn't happen and I am wondering if it is the Windows...
  4. Very, Very, Very, Slow Boot Up When External Hard Drives Are Attached

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very, Very, Very, Slow Boot Up When External Hard Drives Are Attached: Lately, my computer will not boot up when my external hard drives are attached. And sometimes even when they are not, I can't boot up without turning the computer on and off until I go to create a restore point. This shouldn't happen and I am wondering if it is the Windows...
  5. Very slow boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very slow boot up: Hello, I recently updated my windows 10 to its latest version, but after I updated it, my pc began to boot up so very slow. It would take up to less than an hour or 30 mins. I already tried doing what I had read in this article...
  6. Scanning and Repairing Drive on every boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning and Repairing Drive on every boot: Hello. So a few minutes ago, my computer froze at the shut down screen. I forced a shutdown through the power button and after that, Windows 10 informs me that it is scanning and repairing drives. When the computer finally loaded, I checked for errors in the C: drive...
  7. Scanning and repairing drive problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scanning and repairing drive problem: Hello everyone, recently, my computer has been having this *problem* stated in the title which is the scanning and repairing drive in the loading screen. This problem just appeared out of nowhere when I came back from a 3-day trip of not using my laptop. I take care of my...
  8. Scanning and repairing drive problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Scanning and repairing drive problem: Hello everyone, recently, my computer has been having this *problem* stated in the title which is the scanning and repairing drive in the loading screen. This problem just appeared out of nowhere when I came back from a 3-day trip of not using my laptop. I take care of my...
  9. Very slow boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow boot up: For a couple of months now my computer has been booting up very slowly, and by this i mean 2 to 5 min. I have spent much of the time since this started researching what is causing it. I cant seem to find anyone else who has the same problem as most people crash where as i...
  10. Windows scanning and repairing drive every time it boots up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows scanning and repairing drive every time it boots up: [img] The scanning as shown above takes place every time I boot windows. I have no other OS installed and I have a 32gb SSD (where windows is installed) and a 500gb HDD (for other files and stuff). How can I remove this? PS: I guess this happened after I installed the...