Windows 10: Windows 11 brightness on laptop screen low and the slider for changing brightness is greyed...

Discus and support Windows 11 brightness on laptop screen low and the slider for changing brightness is greyed... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; recently the brightness on my laptop screen has been really low and I have no way of changing it normally which is odd since i have an external monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TJ Stusnick, Jul 26, 2022.

1. Windows 11 brightness on laptop screen low and the slider for changing brightness is greyed...

recently the brightness on my laptop screen has been really low and I have no way of changing it normally which is odd since i have an external monitor and its brightness is completely normal it's just the laptop screen which is dimmer I have tried to update the drivers but they all seem to be up to do although my graphics drivers via amd radeon software have been buggy as the software seems to not work sometimes

:)

TJ Stusnick, Jul 26, 2022

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jul 26, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jul 26, 2022
  4. Windows 11 brightness on laptop screen low and the slider for changing brightness is greyed...

Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Jul 26, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 brightness on laptop screen low and the slider for changing brightness is greyed...

1. Windows 11 brightness on laptop screen low and the slider for changing brightness is greyed... - Similar Threads - brightness laptop screen

2. Windows 11 Brightness Slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Brightness Slider: Hello! I'm wondering where in the registry editor or elsewhere? I can change it so that it displays the level of brightness on the little window that shows the brightness slider top left when I change it with my keyboard. Perhaps it's more complicated than changing some 0 to...
  3. Windows 11 Brightness Slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Brightness Slider: Hello! I'm wondering where in the registry editor or elsewhere? I can change it so that it displays the level of brightness on the little window that shows the brightness slider top left when I change it with my keyboard. Perhaps it's more complicated than changing some 0 to...
  4. Windows 11 brightness on laptop screen low and the slider for changing brightness is greyed...

Windows 11 brightness on laptop screen low and the slider for changing brightness is greyed...: recently the brightness on my laptop screen has been really low and I have no way of changing it normally which is odd since i have an external monitor and its brightness is completely normal it's just the laptop screen which is dimmer I have tried to update the drivers but...
  5. Windows 11, No Slider for Brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, No Slider for Brightness: This seems like a pretty common issue and I've tried a couple of the fixes I already found on this site, but they didn't work. So either there's something else I need to try, or else I didn't understand what to do and did not correctly apply the fix.I have Windows 11 with...
  6. Windows 11, No Slider for Brightness

Windows 11, No Slider for Brightness: This seems like a pretty common issue and I've tried a couple of the fixes I already found on this site, but they didn't work. So either there's something else I need to try, or else I didn't understand what to do and did not correctly apply the fix.I have Windows 11 with...
  7. No Brightness slider in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    No Brightness slider in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Some Windows 11 users are complaining that they are not able to change the screen brightness because there is no brightness option in Windows 11 Settings of their computers. They also tried to change the screen brightness from the Quick Access, but they found that the...
  8. There is no brightness slider and it is impossible to change the brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    There is no brightness slider and it is impossible to change the brightness: I've had this problems before on my old laptop and one day it just magically fixed itself and I don't know how. I just got this new pc and there isn't a slider to change brightness, nor is there an option in the settings. I've tried updating the driver, my monitor is set to...
  9. Brightness slider doesn't change brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness slider doesn't change brightness: Hello after the recent windows update, my brightness slider is not working anymore. Changing the brightness level in the slider doesn't have any effect on the brightness. I tried restoring my plan settings from mobility center and that increased the brightness levelI dont...
  10. Brightness slider doesnt change brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness slider doesnt change brightness: whenever I try to change my brightness the screen brightness just quite simply doesn't change whatsoever. When I adjust my brightness slider in setting nothing happens. This only occurs when my computer is plugged in however the brightness will change when not plugged in. My...