Windows 10: Windows 11 bug: language bar "docked" to system tray option is now disabled, only hidden or...

Discus and support Windows 11 bug: language bar "docked" to system tray option is now disabled, only hidden or... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Please fix ASAP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RGu_78, Feb 27, 2024.

1. RGu_78 Win User

Windows 11 bug: language bar "docked" to system tray option is now disabled, only hidden or...

Please fix ASAP

:)

RGu_78, Feb 27, 2024
  2. arvipat Win User

Unable to dock language bar in the taskbar

I just upgraded to Win 11 from Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron 15 notebook through a Win Update prompt.

The language bar automatically appeared in the top right corner - floating. I failed to dock it in the taskbar; on checking in Settings -> Time & Language -> Typing -> Advanced keyboard settings -> Language bar options -> Language bar tab, i found the 'Docked in the taskbar' option grayed out.

Request advise how to make the 'Docked in the taskbar' option available in the Language bar tab of the Language bar options.

Thanks.

arvipat, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Windows 10 - Language bar is missing after MSRA connection

Hi Чингиз Алматов,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. What is the build version of Windows 10 you are using?
    However, I suggest you to try this below method, and check if that helps.

Step: Check Language Bar is Hidden.

1. Press Windows logo and I key, open Settings
    2. Click on Devices
    3. Select Typing
    4. Select the option Advanced keyboard settings
    5. Then select Language bar options
    6. Check the box: Show text labels on the Language bar
    7. Then select the Language Bar tab and make sure that the
      Docked in the taskbar option is checked.
    8. Click on Apply and OK to exit, and check if that helps.

Kindly provide us the results so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Kahel13 Win User

Windows 11 bug: language bar "docked" to system tray option is now disabled, only hidden or...

Language Bar

Hi Jada Rae,

If you don't see the Language bar, do the following to check to see if the Language bar is hidden:

In Windows 10 and Windows 8

1. Press the Windows logo key and type Control to search for the Control Panel app.
    2. Click Control Panel.
    3. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click Change input methods.
    4. Click Advanced settings.
    5. Under Switching input methods, select the Use the desktop language bar when it’s available check box, and then click Options.
    6. Office 2016 Windows 8 Switching Input Methods.
    7. In the Text Services and Input Languages dialog box, click the Language Bar tab, and make sure that either the Floating On Desktop or the Docked in the taskbar option is selected.
    8. Office 2016 Windows 8 Text Services & Input Languages.

In Windows 7

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click Change keyboard or other input methods.
    3. In the Region and Language dialog box, click Change keyboards.
    4. In the Text Services and Input Languages dialog box, click the Language Bar tab.
    5. Language Bar tab
    6. Under Language Bar, check if the Hidden option is selected. If it is, select either Floating on Desktop or Docked in the taskbar.

Source

Hope this helps.

Kahel13, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows 11 bug: language bar "docked" to system tray option is now disabled, only hidden or... - Similar Threads - bug language bar

2. Windows 11 bug: language bar "docked" to system tray option is now disabled, only hidden or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 bug: language bar "docked" to system tray option is now disabled, only hidden or...: Please fix ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-bug-language-bar-docked-to-system-tray/e3699db8-622a-45cc-b435-22ce2569c744
  3. Language bar will not stay hidden

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language bar will not stay hidden: I'm using Windows 10Everytime I restart my computer, the language bar icon will show up on the taskbar. Then i'll go to the advanced settings, turn it off, and as soon as I restart again, it's back again. I can't find a way to keep it hidden or to delete the second language I...
  4. Language bar will not stay hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language bar will not stay hidden: I'm using Windows 10Everytime I restart my computer, the language bar icon will show up on the taskbar. Then i'll go to the advanced settings, turn it off, and as soon as I restart again, it's back again. I can't find a way to keep it hidden or to delete the second language I...
  5. Language bar will not stay hidden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 11 language bar "docked in the taskbar" greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 language bar "docked in the taskbar" greyed out: Hi,There are 3 options: Floating On DesktopDocked in the taskbarHiddenHowever, the docked option is greyed out. How can I get it docked in taskbar?Thanks...
  7. Windows 11 language bar "docked in the taskbar" greyed out

Windows 11 language bar "docked in the taskbar" greyed out: Hi,There are 3 options: Floating On DesktopDocked in the taskbarHiddenHowever, the docked option is greyed out. How can I get it docked in taskbar?Thanks...
  8. How to disable the media bar in Windows 11 system tray?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the media bar in Windows 11 system tray?: As in the picture below, I get these kind of media control popups whenever I play any media such as YouTube in Chrome browser. Even if the media is not playing or I have closed that website in the browser, the notification will still be there and is not dismissible. Any idea...
  9. How to disable the media bar in Windows 11 system tray?

How to disable the media bar in Windows 11 system tray?: As in the picture below, I get these kind of media control popups whenever I play any media such as YouTube in Chrome browser. Even if the media is not playing or I have closed that website in the browser, the notification will still be there and is not dismissible. Any idea...
  10. bug with language bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    bug with language bar: i changed system locale to united kingdom and I changed it again to united states the problem is now I have 3 languages and kingdom between them [ATTACH] I can't remove it cuz I can't find it in settings to remove it [ATTACH] and I have the all new updates and windows...