Windows 10: Windows 11 Bug : txt files opening behind active windows if opened via search confirmed bug

Discus and support Windows 11 Bug : txt files opening behind active windows if opened via search confirmed bug in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've confirmed this bug on 3 other machines, this is definitely a flaw with Windows 11 that is non-existent in Windows 10.Try the following:1 - Open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John_NeCee, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Windows 11 Bug : txt files opening behind active windows if opened via search confirmed bug

I've confirmed this bug on 3 other machines, this is definitely a flaw with Windows 11 that is non-existent in Windows 10.Try the following:1 - Open any program E.g Edge, and maximize it2 - Now click Searchtaskbar and search for any .txt file on your computer. And Open itdefault notepad3 - Notepad will open behind the Window. Which is ultra annoying, because any other program/file opens on top, for example Word files. This in turn means you have to go onto the taskbar to maximize, manually every single time!However, if you open the .txt file from ANYWHERE else, like via File Explorer or

:)

John_NeCee, Jan 31, 2023

2. Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Jan 31, 2023
  3. temp02 Win User
    .txt will open open in Command Prompt

I miss the Windows XP file association manager, it allowed you to select which of the commands would be executed when you double click a file (open, print, edit, etc...), it was removed since Vista.
    Some good people created the Types application, which you can use to select the default action of the file double click, all you go to do is select the "txt" extension from the list, right mouse click, hit "Properties" and on the "Actions" tab right click "open" command and assign "Default" to it.
    Hopefully this will solve your problems, although I think your PC is probably infected with some kind of malware that will continuously change that setting back, so I also advise installing some anti-virus like MSE or NOD-32 and preform a full scan.
    Good luck.

temp02, Jan 31, 2023
  4. ss2020 Win User

Windows 11 Bug : txt files opening behind active windows if opened via search confirmed bug

Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning.

PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now)

What happened:
    • all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document then began flickering as if it had bugged while scrolling
    • opened Task Manager from the task bar, selecting the second tab opened the final tab, which began flickering like Libreoffice
    • problems stopped after a restart, then occurred again after another restart; then stopped after the PC ran for a short time
    • no error popups or BSODs
    • she said Candycrush reported an error earlier but it didn't occur when I looked at it; she said it mentioned "something about the desktop"

Steps I've taken:
    • did a quick virus scan then reboot scan with Windows Defender; no problems found
    • sfc /scannow; no problems found
    • installed update KB4537572 and upgraded system to 1909; updates appear to have been successful, no other updates available

At the moment the problem has disappeared, but since it reoccurred previously I'm not sure it hasn't been fixed.

I'm out of ideas. What else can I check and what other tests can I run? Based on the given information could anyone suggest what the problem might be?

ss2020, Jan 31, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 Bug : txt files opening behind active windows if opened via search confirmed bug

1. Windows 11 Bug : txt files opening behind active windows if opened via search confirmed bug - Similar Threads - Bug txt files

2. .txt files not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .txt files not opening: So I've made a python script which basicly just created .txt files. And nothing happened, my program worked and suddenly today I cant open txt files because it sais Widnows cant find the file. But if I do Open With and then sth like Visual Studio Code, it works. And yes in...
  3. .txt files not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .txt files not opening: So I've made a python script which basicly just created .txt files. And nothing happened, my program worked and suddenly today I cant open txt files because it sais Widnows cant find the file. But if I do Open With and then sth like Visual Studio Code, it works. And yes in...
  4. a bug in open with

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a bug in open with: hey guys. how can i delete this app name from that list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-bug-in-open-with/547a9274-6064-4029-9861-a1e559498406
  5. a bug in open with

a bug in open with: hey guys. how can i delete this app name from that list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-bug-in-open-with/547a9274-6064-4029-9861-a1e559498406
  6. Windows 11 Bug : txt files opening behind active windows if opened via search confirmed bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Bug : txt files opening behind active windows if opened via search confirmed bug: I've confirmed this bug on 3 other machines, this is definitely a flaw with Windows 11 that is non-existent in Windows 10.Try the following:1 - Open any program E.g Edge, and maximize it2 - Now click Searchtaskbar and search for any .txt file on your computer. And Open...
  7. Opening Desktop Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening Desktop Bug: Hello MS User We Have a Something BugWhile Im trying to open desktopWatch here :https://youtu.be/Si6OuKL-3G0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-desktop-bug/d19720bf-c5e4-4755-bcf8-7a36563113f7
  8. Opening Desktop Bug

Opening Desktop Bug: Hello MS User We Have a Something BugWhile Im trying to open desktopWatch here :https://youtu.be/Si6OuKL-3G0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-desktop-bug/d19720bf-c5e4-4755-bcf8-7a36563113f7
  9. Windows 10 2004 version Bugged Search box not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 2004 version Bugged Search box not opening: Hello , Please i need help so badly So recently updated to windows 10 2004 version and my Desktop is bugged. Search box is not opening. sometimes it opens and closes automatically before i can search something. also task manager is not working....
  10. Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10: Microsoft’s latest cumulative update for Windows 10 has a bug that would break the file association feature in the operating system. The File Association bug prevents certain software from handling specific formats by default. For example, Microsoft Notepad or other Win32...