Windows 10: Windows 11 bugs and annoying quality of life issues

Discus and support Windows 11 bugs and annoying quality of life issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I updated my laptop to the latest official public version of windows 11 yesterday. I had previously installed windows 11 in a preview build out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KevinK-, Oct 27, 2021.

1. KevinK- Win User

Windows 11 bugs and annoying quality of life issues

I updated my laptop to the latest official public version of windows 11 yesterday. I had previously installed windows 11 in a preview build out of interest but had to revert back to windows 10 due to bugs and poor performance on battery power. However, upon returning to windows 11, hoping to see those issues removed, I have come across similar problems and some new ones.The power consumption of the operating system has increased considerably from windows 10. Trying to conserve power throughout my day, I closed programs when i didn't need them but deliberabtely kept the laptop open. Power usag

:)

KevinK-, Oct 27, 2021

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 27, 2021
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Oct 27, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11 bugs and annoying quality of life issues - Similar Threads - bugs annoying quality

2. image dimensions not showing in explorer tooltip Windows 11 quality of life/productivity issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    image dimensions not showing in explorer tooltip Windows 11 quality of life/productivity issue: Hi there, hoping someone can help as i have had a real issue with this.Just started with windows 11 and trying to get some work done and found a quality of life issue i would like to solve.So in previous windows when you mouseover an image in windows explorer the tooltip pops...
  3. image dimensions not showing in explorer tooltip Windows 11 quality of life/productivity issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    image dimensions not showing in explorer tooltip Windows 11 quality of life/productivity issue: Hi there, hoping someone can help as i have had a real issue with this.Just started with windows 11 and trying to get some work done and found a quality of life issue i would like to solve.So in previous windows when you mouseover an image in windows explorer the tooltip pops...
  4. Windows 11 Explorer Libraries Bug/Annoyance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Explorer Libraries Bug/Annoyance: I added a library in the windows 11 file explorer, and upon doing so the added library downloads, has two horizontal lines present above and below the library. This is quite distracting as it contrasts against everything else around it, and the height of the vertical lines...
  5. Windows 11 Explorer Libraries Bug/Annoyance

Windows 11 Explorer Libraries Bug/Annoyance: I added a library in the windows 11 file explorer, and upon doing so the added library downloads, has two horizontal lines present above and below the library. This is quite distracting as it contrasts against everything else around it, and the height of the vertical lines...
  6. WINDOWS 11 BUG SOUND QUALITY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11 BUG SOUND QUALITY: Hello, I have a problem with the sound settings of my windows 11, the problem is that I can not change the quality of my headset and the headset microphone. If anyone has a solution, I’m happy to. Thank youHeadset :Microphone :...
  7. WINDOWS 11 BUG SOUND QUALITY

WINDOWS 11 BUG SOUND QUALITY: Hello, I have a problem with the sound settings of my windows 11, the problem is that I can not change the quality of my headset and the headset microphone. If anyone has a solution, I’m happy to. Thank youHeadset :Microphone :...
  8. Windows 11 bugs and annoying quality of life issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 bugs and annoying quality of life issues: I updated my laptop to the latest official public version of windows 11 yesterday. I had previously installed windows 11 in a preview build out of interest but had to revert back to windows 10 due to bugs and poor performance on battery power. However, upon returning to...
  9. Windows 10 Quality of Life update and System Restore Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Quality of Life update and System Restore Issue: Last night I installed quality of life updates for my Windows 10 system running on a Lenovo laptop. The updates have caused my laptop to go into a startup repair loop, which following the advice on one of these forums, I managed to resolve by performing a system restore. As I...
  10. Annoying bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying bug: Hello kind friends of Reddit, hope everyone is safe and healthy. I am here to ask for your help. I am coming across a bug where when I start my pc I can open applications and everything is perfect. But after around 5-10 minutes, all services begin to stop. To expand, I mean...