Windows 10: Windows 11 Build 22509.1000 rolls out to the Insider Preview Developer Channel with...

Discus and support Windows 11 Build 22509.1000 rolls out to the Insider Preview Developer Channel with... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 11 Build 22509.1100 is now available for participants in the Insider Preview Program's Developer Channel. It improves the Start Menu [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Dec 2, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 Build 22509.1000 rolls out to the Insider Preview Developer Channel with...

Windows 11 Build 22509.1100 is now available for participants in the Insider Preview Program's Developer Channel. It improves the Start Menu

Windows 11 Build 22509.1000 rolls out to the Insider Preview Developer Channel with... Windows-11-start-menu-with-three-rows-of-pinned-icons.jpg

What's new in Windows 11 Build 22509.1100

Start Menu

When Windows 11 was released, the Start Menu's design was criticized for several reasons. One thing that irked users was the wasted space below the Pinned apps and Recommended section. Build 22509.1100 makes the experience better, instead of three rows of icons, you can now have up to 4 sets of Pinned shortcuts or Recommendations.

Windows 11 Build 22509.1000 rolls out to the Insider Preview Developer Channel with... Windows-11-start-menu-4-rows.png

The new style isn't enabled by default, you will have to go to the Settings app > Personalization > Start, and choose More Pins or More recommendations, as required. Toggling the More Pins option increases the number of Pinned app rows to 4, and reduces the Recommended section to a single row, whereas if you do the opposite, you get 4 Recommended rows and 2 Pinned rows.

Windows 11 Build 22509.1000 rolls out to the Insider Preview Developer Channel with... Windows-11-start-menu-with-4-rows-of-pinned-icons.jpg

The Start Menu does not remove the other rows, you can use the mouse wheel to scroll over the section to access the hidden rows.

Windows 11 Build 22509.1000 rolls out to the Insider Preview Developer Channel with... Windows-11-start-menu-with-4-rows-of-recommended-shortcuts.jpg

According to a Microsoft Engineer, the company is working on providing an option to turn off the Recommended section, as well as a setting that will display the All Apps section by default.

Taskbar

The Windows 11 Taskbar will display the Clock and date on secondary monitors. This option is being rolled out gradually to users. For those on the Windows 11 Stable channel, you may want to try the open-source program, ElevenClock, as it provides a similar experience.

Notifications

The Notification panel will display a stack of 3 high priority notifications and 1 priority notification, from apps that send alerts for calls, reminders or alarms.

Settings

The Settings app's Advanced Network Settings page is now home to some legacy Control Panel options including Network Discovery, File and Printer Sharing, and Public Folder Sharing. The Printers & Scanners page in the Settings app will display information about your printer or scanner, if they are plugged in.

Windows 11 Build 22509.1000 rolls out to the Insider Preview Developer Channel with... windows-11-advanced-sharing-settings.png

The Installed Apps section has options to sort the list in reverse-alphabetical order, Z to A, in addition to the normal order, A to Z. Airplane Mode will remember to keep your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on, if you had enabled them previously. The Windows Sandbox will directly reboot into its virtualized environment when you use the Restart option.

Narrator

The Narrator's scan mode support for Microsoft Edge has been improved for a faster typing experience in text fields, address bar, etc. You can use Ctrl + L to immediately switch to the address bar. The accessibility feature will read the character at the cursor position more accurately when you press delete in text fields. It will detect elements on web pages such as radio buttons, lists, text fields, etc., and read them out to you, for better navigation assistance. Users will need to be on Microsoft Edge version 97.0.4683.0 or higher, to gain the new Narrator capabilities.

Fixes in Windows 11 Build 22509.1000

The Display Scaling will no longer enlarge the Start, Search, Task View, Widgets, and Chat icons in the Taskbar when the value is set to 125%. You can shift through programs in the taskbar by pressing the Windows key and a corresponding number key. The Narrator will read out the flyouts when the Task View and Desktop menus appear. An issue that was causing Explorer to crash when Taskbar badges were updated, has been fixed. Another Explorer related crash, that occurred when closing a Snap Group comprising 3 or more windows in Task View, has also been resolved.

Chinese input now recognizes Handwriting input. A mouse related bug check that caused computers to act as if they had rebooted after hibernation has been patched. PowerShell supports touch keyboard input. Moving the mouse over different desktops should no longer shrink the Task View thumbnails. Programs which support always-on-top, will work properly using CompactOverlay. Wi-Fi network connections will work correctly after the computer wakes up from sleep.

The Desktop Window Manager will no longer crash after hitting high usage, this problem has been reported by many users as an Intel driver related bug.

Set the default browser more easily

Microsoft casually omitted this change from the release notes, but some keen eyed users spotted it, you can now set the default browser more easily. Open the Settings app and navigate to Apps > Default Apps. Select your browser, and you will see a Set Default option at the top of the window, to set it as the default browser for handling HTM, HTML, XHTML, HTTP, HTTPS protocols.

Windows 11 Build 22509.1000 rolls out to the Insider Preview Developer Channel with... Windows-11-set-default-browser.png

For comparison, here's how it looks in prior versions, you have to set the browser for each type manually.

Windows 11 Build 22509.1000 rolls out to the Insider Preview Developer Channel with... windows-11-set-default-browser-manually.png

Windows 11 Build 22509.1000 has the same known issues as the previous version, Build 22504.

Initially, I got an error while checking for the updates, the error code was 0x80070005. Retrying for updates worked. I'm not sure if this is because I'm using the Dev Build on a virtual machine, but the update was stuck at 100% downloading for several minutes, before eventually proceeding to install. The new build still doesn't include the new Your Phone app that Microsoft announced with the previous build.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 Build 22509.1000 rolls out to the Insider Preview Developer Channel with improvements to the Start Menu appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Dec 2, 2021

2. Insider build previews

Because you are running a Windows Insider Preview build, you might be seeing defects or bugs in the build you are using, which is still under development. I suggest you use the Feedback Hub to submit a bug report detailing your problem.

You should only run Windows Insider Builds for testing purposes, not for production.

I recommend you revert to a commercial build such as the recently released Windows 10, 1803 revision.

Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

If there are files on the drive you want to recover, see - How to: Perform a Custom install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Dec 2, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build has never updated

I want to add this for anyone in the future that may come across this post.

I followed the advice of @Ramhound and the links he provided in the comments and created a new VM in Azure from the downloaded image of Build 14295, which was the closest available ISO build. I followed all the steps to connect my MS account to the VM for insider preivew. I changed my insider preview settings to Fast track. I even used my MS account to sign into the VM.

I checked the registry settings as suggested by this article and ensured everything there was correct. Even after all this, I still did not receive the 14316 build.

I diligently checked my machine multiple times per day. I manually checked for updates. I restarted the machine several times. I changed my settings to developer mode. Even after following all these steps, I still did not receive the build.

Finally! Today, after a week of waiting, I logged into the VM, and the build was there. I do not believe any of this extra work I did helped....but I did learn some stuff from this, so it was not a complete waste of time. I think I would have received the build if I would have just left my VM as it was and kept waiting.

tldr - From my experience, I think the best advice is to just be patient and wait. If you have waited a significant amount of time (2 weeks), then maybe look into the other solutions.

Alex Chance, Dec 2, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 11 Build 22509.1000 rolls out to the Insider Preview Developer Channel with...

KB5004300 Windows 11 Insider Preview Beta and Dev Build 10.0.22000.100

UPDATE 8/05: KB5005188 Windows 11 Insider Preview Dev and Beta Build 10.0.22000.120 - August 5 | Windows 11 Forum

UPDATE 7/29: We are very excited to announce we are releasing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.100 to Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel! We highly recommend Insiders in the Beta Channel check out this blog post from June 28th that highlights all the new things in Windows 11 to check out and give us feedback on as you use it! As always, be sure to check out the list of known issues in the blog post below on anything that could impact your experience on your PC. We have also added a few new known issues discovered from Insiders in the Dev Channel since the release last week.

NOTE: Insiders in the Beta Channel will not have Chat from Microsoft Teams. We will be looking to enable this for the Beta Channel in the coming weeks.

If you are in the Dev Channel, now would be the right time to consider switching to the Beta Channel if you want to stay on more stabilized builds of Windows 11. For those of you new to the Windows Insider Program and flighting of OS updates check out this article for how flighting works. (We use the term flighting for the activity of releasing new OS updates to Insiders.)

Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.100 to everyone in the Dev Channel!

Read more: KB5004300 Windows 11 Insider Preview Beta and Dev Build 10.0.22000.100 - July 29 | Windows 11 Forum

Windows 11 Build 22509.1000 rolls out to the Insider Preview Developer Channel with... [​IMG]

Brink, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Build 22509.1000 rolls out to the Insider Preview Developer Channel with... - Similar Threads - Build 22509 1000

2. Microsoft rolls out first Canary Channel Build for Windows 11 Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft rolls out first Canary Channel Build for Windows 11 Insiders: Microsoft announced a new Canary channel for the Windows Insider Preview Program a few days ago. Today, it has released the first build for the channel. What's new in Windows 11 Build 25314 Windows 11 Build 25314 brings some new features to the built-in file manager's XAML...
  3. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 released to the Dev Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 released to the Dev Channel: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 has been released to the Dev Channel. It adds a new way to use Windows Spotlight, a Multi-App Kiosk Mode, and fixes many bugs. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 Windows Spotlight The update adds a new...
  4. Windows Insider Program Developer Channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Insider Program Developer Channel: I want to opt-out now but I dont think I can. Is there any other way without resetting my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-program-developer-channel/688f03a6-588e-480f-a8a4-c753046a9814
  5. Windows Insider Program Developer Channel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Insider Program Developer Channel: I want to opt-out now but I dont think I can. Is there any other way without resetting my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-program-developer-channel/688f03a6-588e-480f-a8a4-c753046a9814
  6. Windows Insider Program Developer Channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 11 Build 22526 released to the Insider Preview Dev Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Build 22526 released to the Insider Preview Dev Channel: Microsoft has released Windows 11 Build 22526 to the Developer Channel. Let's see what the first Insider Preview of 2022 brings. [ATTACH] The announcement article mentions that the company is testing a windowed mode for Alt + Tab. The feature is only available for some...
  8. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 is now available for participants in the Developer Channel. This version contains a ton of fixes, with a few minor changes to the overall experience. [ATTACH] Notable changes in Windows 11 Build 22504 Build 22494, which was released...
  9. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel: Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 to the Developer Channel. Let's dive in to see what's new, the bugs that were fixed, and of course new problems that have surfaced with this version. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499...
  10. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.100 rolls out with some new animations and fixes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.100 rolls out with some new animations and fixes: Microsoft has released the Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.100 to the Developer Channel. It is a minor update that introduces some new animations, and fixes many bugs in the prior release. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.100 Updated...