Windows 10: Windows 11 cannot boot from Samsung SSD, deadlocked with having data error AND write protected

Discus and support Windows 11 cannot boot from Samsung SSD, deadlocked with having data error AND write protected in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Windows 11 Pro, which was upgraded from Windows 10, was installed on a Samsung SSD being mounted on Motherboard. It had been running well for more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by YueWu8, Aug 18, 2022.

1. YueWu8 Win User

Windows 11 cannot boot from Samsung SSD, deadlocked with having data error AND write protected

My Windows 11 Pro, which was upgraded from Windows 10, was installed on a Samsung SSD being mounted on Motherboard. It had been running well for more than a year. A few days ago I suddenly cannot boot the Windows. The only abnormal I noticed was that before the issue happened, I received the extra option to update the Windows twice in only a few days interval when restarting the computer. The following are what I have tried to fix:1. Make a Windows Installation Media, boot with it, and get into the Command Prompt mode. I tried 'bootrec /fixmbr', and get the error 'Data Error Cyclic Redundancy

:)

YueWu8, Aug 18, 2022

2. Attempts to install Win11 resulted in an NVME being Write-Protected. How do I clear Write-Protection?

I am in the same situation. I bought a new laptop with Windows 11 Home and added a 2 TB NVMe SSD to it. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro. Everything worked fine with the drive at that point; however, I had to perform a reset to reinstall the OS for other reasons. When the reinstall was finished, the NVMe was write protected. I took all of the same steps listed in this thread with the same results - the drive remains write protected.

JimStack37, Aug 18, 2022
  3. freebird_9924, Aug 18, 2022
  4. tomdsr Win User

Windows 11 cannot boot from Samsung SSD, deadlocked with having data error AND write protected

New SSD having corruption and write protect issues...Steam drive

You really need to test the drive. If it tests bad, time for a return/exchange

tomdsr, Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 cannot boot from Samsung SSD, deadlocked with having data error AND write protected - Similar Threads - cannot boot Samsung

2. Cannot boot windows from SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot boot windows from SSD: Every time I open my computer, I either get a blue screen or I am prompted to “reboot and select proper boot device”. A couple times, it has gotten to the windows login screen, but the computer would crash within seconds and show only a black screen. I had no issues with the...
  3. Cannot boot from SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot from SSD: I have an Asus G751JY. I went to sleep one night, and the next day I woke up to BIOS and the boot drive m.2 ssd dissappeared. I've tried everything from command line to disabling secure boot and fast boot and enabling csm. Reseated the drive. nothing. As it appears, the drive...
  4. Write-Protection Fault on boot SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Write-Protection Fault on boot SSD: I’ll try to keep this short but honestly there’s a ton to dig into here. Built my current PC last year, have had zero troubles with it. Boot drive is a Samsung Evo 970 1TB running Windows 10. Literally no problems whatsoever until today. I’m watching that Netflix documentary...
  5. Write-Protection Fault on boot SSD

Write-Protection Fault on boot SSD: I’ll try to keep this short but honestly there’s a ton to dig into here. Built my current PC last year, have had zero troubles with it. Boot drive is a Samsung Evo 970 1TB running Windows 10. Literally no problems whatsoever until today. I’m watching that Netflix documentary...
  6. Write-Protection Fault on boot SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 11 cannot boot from Samsung SSD, deadlocked with having data error AND write protected

Windows 11 cannot boot from Samsung SSD, deadlocked with having data error AND write protected: My Windows 11 Pro, which was upgraded from Windows 10, was installed on a Samsung SSD being mounted on Motherboard. It had been running well for more than a year. A few days ago I suddenly cannot boot the Windows. The only abnormal I noticed was that before the issue...
  8. Write Protection Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Write Protection Error: [ATTACH] Every other day I have this error. After coming back to my sleeping computer in the morning this box is on the lock screen but also the desktop. I have a WD Passport removable hard drive connected that has Security and Maintenance alert for scanning the drive. I've...
  9. WINDOWS WRITE PROTECTION ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS WRITE PROTECTION ERROR: HI all I have attempted via Google and other place to eliminate the above message. When It comes on the screen, I have to restart the computer, and it goes away for a few days, the message stay on the computer until I do restart, nothing gets rid of it. I don't understand...
  10. Samsung data migration cannot recognize my Samsung SSD 840 EVO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung data migration cannot recognize my Samsung SSD 840 EVO: Like you, I encountered source disk bad sectors error when cloning with Samsung migration software. Resolved by using EaseUS Tool to clone. 26161