Windows 10: Windows 11 Can't Click Windows Update Button

Discus and support Windows 11 Can't Click Windows Update Button in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have already upgraded to Windows 11. There is an icon in the tray indicating I am missing important updates. When I look at the setting app, under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DCM02, Jan 17, 2022.

1. DCM02 Win User

Windows 11 Can't Click Windows Update Button

I have already upgraded to Windows 11. There is an icon in the tray indicating I am missing important updates. When I look at the setting app, under Windows Update it says "Attention Needed." However, I can't click on the Windows Update button to give it the attention it apparently needs.I have been able to update it with Powershell, but after a reboot I still see the tray notification that I am missing important updates and I still can't click on Windows Update in settings to access the updates the regular way.Thoughts?

:)

DCM02, Jan 17, 2022
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 17, 2022
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jan 17, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Can't Click Windows Update Button

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Can't Click Windows Update Button

1. Windows 11 Can't Click Windows Update Button - Similar Threads - Can't Click Update

2. Can't click on the "OK" button on the Battlefield 1 Window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click on the "OK" button on the Battlefield 1 Window: Can't click on the "OK" button on the Battlefield 1 Window on first launch, I've just installed itI've tried many things, I have my mind on the Graphics Driver Version warning while starting Bf1, It says that I require xx.xx.xx.xx.4539and have a lower version of the Card. I...
  3. Can't click on the "OK" button on the Battlefield 1 Window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click on the "OK" button on the Battlefield 1 Window: Can't click on the "OK" button on the Battlefield 1 Window on first launch, I've just installed itI've tried many things, I have my mind on the Graphics Driver Version warning while starting Bf1, It says that I require xx.xx.xx.xx.4539and have a lower version of the Card. I...
  4. Windows 11 Start button not working Left Click

Windows 11 Start button not working Left Click: I just updated to Windows 11, Version 22H2 and my left click on my start button no longer works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-start-button-not-working-left-click/78cae092-784c-4b76-843d-a08957ed09ad
  5. can't click on left button screen on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't click on left button screen on windows 11: Hello,i have a problem after upgrading to windows 11, if i am fullscreen on something, video, game, youtube video, or any app, i can't click on the bottom left part of the screen.Here I uploaded a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwbVd2HckuwThank you....
  6. can't click on left button screen on windows 11

can't click on left button screen on windows 11: Hello,i have a problem after upgrading to windows 11, if i am fullscreen on something, video, game, youtube video, or any app, i can't click on the bottom left part of the screen.Here I uploaded a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwbVd2HckuwThank you....
  7. Windows 11 Can't Click Windows Update Button

Windows 11 Can't Click Windows Update Button: I have already upgraded to Windows 11. There is an icon in the tray indicating I am missing important updates. When I look at the setting app, under Windows Update it says "Attention Needed." However, I can't click on the Windows Update button to give it the attention it...
  8. Windows store install button prohibited (can't be clicked)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows store install button prohibited (can't be clicked): I've been having problems with Windows Store lately. At first I can't update any app at all (Netflix for example) so I uninstalled it in hope of reinstalling it with the update. But I can't install it, when I press the install button it does nothing. I searched for fix on the...
  9. Can't click buttons in opened window/ when I click I'm clicking desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click buttons in opened window/ when I click I'm clicking desktop.: So, any software I have opened on the left screen- it does this. When I click anything that is down, affects 30% of the screen, I click on the desktop, even though the window is full screen....
  10. Can't Click the Close Button or other on screen buttons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Click the Close Button or other on screen buttons: It's the wierdest thing. I have two monitors and the issue only happens on the left monitor. And this is what happens... I just can't click on screen buttons (e.g. pressing play in Spotify won't work, can't minimize the windows, etc) I can sometimes move windows to the...