Windows 10: Windows 11 can't get past time and date screen

Discus and support Windows 11 can't get past time and date screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I rebooted my computer today because it was lagging. On start-up, when I would normally press a key and enter my PIN, it just flashes the time again,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by War-Can, Jun 7, 2023.

1. War-Can Win User

Windows 11 can't get past time and date screen

I rebooted my computer today because it was lagging. On start-up, when I would normally press a key and enter my PIN, it just flashes the time again, so I'm stuck not being able to log on. CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work to get me past it. The three-time power cycle trick hasn't worked to get to safe boot. I've booted from install media, tried repair but nothing was found. When I tried uninstalling the last update it gave a failure message. Does anyone know what might be causing this sort of behaviour?

:)

War-Can, Jun 7, 2023

2. Can't get past time date screen.

Hello Lucinda,

There can be a number of reasons for this kind of issue to occur. Please tell us more about your concern. Answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you make any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when using a different mouse?
    In the meantime, we suggest unplugging the input device while in the date and time screen then plug it back again. Windows should automatically detect the devices if it's working well. If the issue persists, try using a different USB mouse.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Jun 7, 2023
  3. Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 7, 2023
  4. Windows 11 can't get past time and date screen

Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 can't get past time and date screen

1. Windows 11 can't get past time and date screen - Similar Threads - can't past date

2. Can't get past lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get past lock screen: I have put in the correct pin for my PC and then it shows that it is loading the home screen and doesn't advance. It just stays loading and never changes. I have restarted the PC several times and nothing seems to work....
  3. Windows 11 can't get past time and date screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can't get past time and date screen: I rebooted my computer today because it was lagging. On start-up, when I would normally press a key and enter my PIN, it just flashes the time again, so I'm stuck not being able to log on. CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work to get me past it. The three-time power cycle trick hasn't...
  4. Can't get past lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get past lock screen: Hi there- I can't log into my HP Windows 10 laptop, I haven't used it in a long time and can't find the password. I don't have the recovery disk it's asking for so what do I do now? When I turn it on it comes up with my User ID populated prompting me for the password. Thanks...
  5. Can't get past date and time screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get past date and time screen.: My lock screen keeps reverting back to the date and time screen, immediately after I click or hit a key to try and enter my login, it goes back to showing the date and time. Press Crtl+Alt+Delete doesn't do anything. I've gone into system recovery mode but for some reason it...
  6. Can't get past time and date screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't get past time and date screen: After my PC was powered down for 6 days, it only boots up to the Windows 10 time and date screen. Login screen does not appear. I can access BIOS and the Automatic Repair Mode. I ran diagnostics and restart in Automatic Repair Mode but nothing changed. I've been trying to...
  7. Changing date and time to the past

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing date and time to the past: So if I were to change the date and time of my pc to let’s say 2019 for a while, at most an hour, would I have any issues with windows, or more broadly my computer? And could I also change it back to the current date without issues as well? submitted by /u/enderpearler1234...
  8. Windows cant get past date/time screen

Windows cant get past date/time screen: I just started having an issue today. I am running windows 10 and did an update yesterday before turning off my computer. My computer boots to windows time/date screen with no issues. I can access bios durring this boot time. Once i get to the time/date screen however any...
  9. Dell laptop doesn't get past date/time screen

Dell laptop doesn't get past date/time screen: Laptop was ok Friday 2/12. On Saturday, laptop didn't boot to the log in screen. New Windows update?? The date/time screen came up but then it hangs with the next picture blurred. In the right corner are Network, Ease of Access, Power button. They all work. I'm not able to...
  10. Cannot get past date time screen after Windows 10 auto update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot get past date time screen after Windows 10 auto update.: [img] 74807