Windows 10: Windows 11 Can't Keep files and settings

Discus and support Windows 11 Can't Keep files and settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Way to bypass this and keep the files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Neelgreev, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Neelgreev Win User

Windows 11 Can't Keep files and settings

Way to bypass this and keep the files

:)

Neelgreev, Oct 5, 2021
  2. Geethu B Win User

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 5, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 5, 2021
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Adobe Flash message in IE 11

Hi Sandra,

To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you disable the add-ons in Internet Explorer 11. For step by step instructions, go to this

link
    , then look for the title Turning off and removing add-ons.

We also suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 through these steps:

• Go to Internet Explorer then click the Gear icon.
    • Choose Internet options > Advanced.
    • Click Reset.

(Note: If you have added Favorites, back up them first before resetting the browser. )

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Regards.

Karla Alm, Oct 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Can't Keep files and settings - Similar Threads - Can't Keep files

2. Keeping file explorer settings when Windows 11 updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keeping file explorer settings when Windows 11 updates: With windows file explorer, I would like to keep my view settings when there is a windows update. I like to see 'details' rather than thumbnails for example....
  3. Keeping file explorer settings when Windows 11 updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keeping file explorer settings when Windows 11 updates: With windows file explorer, I would like to keep my view settings when there is a windows update. I like to see 'details' rather than thumbnails for example....
  4. Settings in Windows 11 keeps crashing

Settings in Windows 11 keeps crashing: Hi everyone.I can't open my settings app anymore because it keeps crashing. When i click on it even when I try to open bluetooth settings from the taskbar the window with the icon pops up for a few seconds and then crashes.I tried a few methods that i found online /restore...
  5. Can't keep my files, settings and apps after updating from Windows 7 to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't keep my files, settings and apps after updating from Windows 7 to Windows 11: Hello, can you help me keep all my files, settings and apps after updating from Windows 7 to Windows 11. The function is not available. How can I fix this?...
  6. Can't keep my files, settings and apps after updating from Windows 7 to Windows 11

Can't keep my files, settings and apps after updating from Windows 7 to Windows 11: Hello, can you help me keep all my files, settings and apps after updating from Windows 7 to Windows 11. The function is not available. How can I fix this?...
  7. Windows 11 Setup says I can't keep my files, apps, and settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Setup says I can't keep my files, apps, and settings.: I've been getting the Windows 11 Setup error that says, "Your files, apps, and settings can't be kept because your current version of Windows might be installed in an unsupported directory or you're trying to install an older version of Windows." I'm in Windows 11 Dev Channel...
  8. Windows 11 Setup says I can't keep my files, apps, and settings.

Windows 11 Setup says I can't keep my files, apps, and settings.: I've been getting the Windows 11 Setup error that says, "Your files, apps, and settings can't be kept because your current version of Windows might be installed in an unsupported directory or you're trying to install an older version of Windows." I'm in Windows 11 Dev Channel...
  9. Windows 11 Can't Keep files and settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Can't Keep files and settings: Way to bypass this and keep the files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-cant-keep-files-and-settings/e7e90515-9af6-4967-bbfd-7f98ee1580a0
  10. can't keep settings window open

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't keep settings window open: can't get into settings window comes up doesent open and closes in about5 seconds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-keep-settings-window-open/690e440d-c1f9-427a-8bc6-f138016309ab