Windows 10: Windows 11 changed the name of my user folder -- how to change it back? among other things!

Discus and support Windows 11 changed the name of my user folder -- how to change it back? among other things! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I see discussion here that the user cannot change the user folder without complications. But Windows already changed the name of my user folder on its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sdanpos7, Dec 1, 2023.

1. sdanpos7 Win User

Windows 11 changed the name of my user folder -- how to change it back? among other things!

I see discussion here that the user cannot change the user folder without complications. But Windows already changed the name of my user folder on its own at some point -- I don't know quite when. It added one letter, or more accurately decided that what I wanted was the first 5 letters of the Microsoft account to be used as both my username and the directory for my user folder. I did not.I was able to change my user folder back to local. I don't know when Microsoft decided to make it otherwise, but I don't want things like my desktop background syncing on all my devices.In changing my use

:)

sdanpos7, Dec 1, 2023
  2. Ryan_2013 Win User

Change User Name Folders

"The change the name on the Account folder is more difficult because it is more heavily protected. See this tutorial:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/89060-chang..."

On this link, the details show renaming another account. I'm wanting to change the Admin account. It's a good thing I had another user setup on my computer, also as an Admin, because after changing the SID in step 8. And, unable to change the name in step
    11. As "Rename" wasn't in the list. I restarted the computer, since the Admin user account name was changed I was unable to load windows. I had to log into my other account, which was setup as Admin and change the SID back to the 5 letters the user name was
    titled.

My computer, Admin account, works again.

I wasn't wanting to just change another account user name, which this is possible to do. I wanted to change the main user, myself.

Ryan_2013, Dec 1, 2023
  3. newn Win User
    Windows 7 - change user temp folder.

Hi all,
    i would like to change user temp folder, becausze i can't install Nero. How to do that? I know how to change Windows temp folder, but not user.

newn, Dec 1, 2023
  4. Windows 11 changed the name of my user folder -- how to change it back? among other things!

How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 changed the name of my user folder -- how to change it back? among other things!

1. Windows 11 changed the name of my user folder -- how to change it back? among other things! - Similar Threads - changed name user

2. How to change the user folder name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the user folder name: I have just bought a brand new laptop, and opted to not port over anything. However I was forced into logging in to my Microsoft account not sure if that is the reason for this issue. The name on my user profile folder in Windows is "Sophi" - however, I did not name it that -...
  3. Windows 11 changed the name of my user folder -- how to change it back? among other things!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 changed the name of my user folder -- how to change it back? among other things!: I see discussion here that the user cannot change the user folder without complications. But Windows already changed the name of my user folder on its own at some point -- I don't know quite when. It added one letter, or more accurately decided that what I wanted was the...
  4. How to change user name folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change user name folder: I tried to change the user name folder "DIZON" to something different. I've already changed my computer name and others but I can't somehow change the user name folder on the local disk. How should I fix this?...
  5. How to change user name folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change user name folder: I tried to change the user name folder "DIZON" to something different. I've already changed my computer name and others but I can't somehow change the user name folder on the local disk. How should I fix this?...
  6. How to change the user folder name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the user folder name?: My user folder name is showing as sachi but I want it to be SachiniF. how can I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-user-folder-name/aa183848-8841-4a30-b22d-f185facc8cd5
  7. How to change User folder name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change User folder name: Hi there. I made a stupid mistake when installing windows for the first time and i signed in with my email. Now my user folder name are the first letters of my email...Its a stupid name and due to limited characters its not even full. So, is there a way to change the name....
  8. Will changing my users folder name mess things up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Will changing my users folder name mess things up?: I want to play minecraft but can't because my account name under the users folder is "JACKALOPE!" I want to get rid of the exclamation point. Will this mess things up, or is there any safe was to change it?...
  9. Not able to change my timezone (among other things)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not able to change my timezone (among other things): For the longest time now, every time I try to change my timezone windows informs me that it is "Unable to continue. do not have permission to perform this task. Please contact [my] computer administrator for help." This is a bit problematic consider that [I]I am the system...
  10. How to change User Folder Name ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change User Folder Name ?: I purchased a used tablet. The seller reinstalled a clean version of Windows 10 Pro. I used a MS account to login . I renamed the tablet from the original Tablet7 to another name. However the User Folder in C drive is still named Tablet7. How do I change the folder name to my...