Windows 10: Windows 11 changes number of icons on a column on desktop.

Discus and support Windows 11 changes number of icons on a column on desktop. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I'm a Windows 10 and Windows 11 user. I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 but Windows 11 has changed number of icons on a column on desktop. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Đức Nguyễn Anh, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Windows 11 changes number of icons on a column on desktop.

Hello. I'm a Windows 10 and Windows 11 user. I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 but Windows 11 has changed number of icons on a column on desktop. It displays only 9 on Windows 11 desktop screen whereas 10 on Windows 10. How do I make Windows 11 desktop having 10 rows of icons? Thanks in advance!

:)

Đức Nguyễn Anh, Jun 7, 2022

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jun 7, 2022
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 7, 2022
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

Windows 11 changes number of icons on a column on desktop.

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thema:

Windows 11 changes number of icons on a column on desktop.

1. Windows 11 changes number of icons on a column on desktop. - Similar Threads - changes number icons

2. Column and Line Number on Notepad 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Column and Line Number on Notepad 11: In Notepad version 10 and earlier, the Column and Line number are displayed on the Status Bar. In version 11, it is not showing. Does anyone knows how to turn on this feature.Thank you.Tony...
  3. Column and Line Number on Notepad 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Column and Line Number on Notepad 11: In Notepad version 10 and earlier, the Column and Line number are displayed on the Status Bar. In version 11, it is not showing. Does anyone knows how to turn on this feature.Thank you.Tony...
  4. Windows 11 changes number of icons on a column on desktop.

Windows 11 changes number of icons on a column on desktop.: Hello. I'm a Windows 10 and Windows 11 user. I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 but Windows 11 has changed number of icons on a column on desktop. It displays only 9 on Windows 11 desktop screen whereas 10 on Windows 10. How do I make Windows 11 desktop having 10 rows of...
  5. Number of Folder columns

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Number of Folder columns: I had something very different happen, and I don’t know how, on my Microsoft Windows 10 desktop. But one result is that on displaying a folder, it shows all contents in one column instead of the multiple columns, as before. I have tried the various options under “Home”,...
  6. Number of Folder columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number of Folder columns: I had something very different happen, and I don’t know how, on my Microsoft Windows 10 desktop. But one result is that on displaying a folder, it shows all contents in one column instead of the multiple columns, as before. I have tried the various options under “Home”,...
  7. Number of Folder columns

8. Desktop: change icon autoarrange order from columns to rows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop: change icon autoarrange order from columns to rows: Hello, I have an issue with the autoarrange of icons on the desktop. I like to organized my icons in rows and have several rows with different grouped icons. However, when I download new files to my desktop, their icons are automatically arranged in columns on the desktop,...
  9. How to fix the number of columns for ''hidden icons'' of taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to fix the number of columns for ''hidden icons'' of taskbar?: I put plenty of icons in this upward arrow in order to hide icons, but windows always changes the number of row and columns. sometimes it is 3 columns and 3 rows, sometimes it is 4 columns and 3 rows. I hate this.and I want to to fix the number of columns to 4 [img] 130115
  10. Desktop Icon Columns

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon Columns: I have lots of shortcut icons on my desktop for files and programs. That means 2 or 3 columns of small icons. It would appear the Win 10 will only allow 1 column. I've messed with the icon spacing and vertical spacing (regedit) and the vertical spacing works but horizontal...