Windows 10: Windows 11 Checker App states CPU is not compatible but it's in the list of compatible CPU's

Discus and support Windows 11 Checker App states CPU is not compatible but it's in the list of compatible CPU's in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Having run the Windows 11 Checker App, is says my CPU is not compatible Intel Core i7-6700HQ @2.6GHz, however the CPU is listed in the compatible CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by A. Brett, Oct 8, 2021.

1. A. Brett Win User

Windows 11 Checker App states CPU is not compatible but it's in the list of compatible CPU's

Having run the Windows 11 Checker App, is says my CPU is not compatible Intel Core i7-6700HQ @2.6GHz, however the CPU is listed in the compatible CPU list as far as I can see.Any idea why this might be the case? Is it due to the GHz or is this an error and should I try to install Win 11?Thanks

:)

A. Brett, Oct 8, 2021
  2. Willie L Win User

Windows 10 compatibility checker CPU not supported??

so i just reserved my copy of windows 10 but when i click on the compatibility checker it shows 2 critical error. First it said my cpu i7 5930k is not supported.. and then it goes on to say my video card gtx 980ti will experience problems with your display..
    so can i not upgrade to windows 10? i can understand the gtx 980ti being so new probably isn't added or updated to the list yet but the 5930k shows up as not supported??

Willie L, Oct 8, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Win 11 compat app

Both your CPU and graphics card should be ok- your CPU is on the list:
    Windows 11 CPU List Released | WePC

and your graphics card is new enough to support DirectX 12.

These requirements are set by the installer of Win 11. Detailed specs for Win 11 have been released by MS and are given in other such threads here and on elevenforum, but may change slightly before official release.

dalchina, Oct 8, 2021
  4. johnm328 Win User

Windows 11 Checker App states CPU is not compatible but it's in the list of compatible CPU's

Windows 10 CPU compatibility.

I am running Windows 7 professional and my CPU is an Intel Pentium 4 (up to 3.2Ghz). I`m trying to upgrade to Windows 10 but the compatibility app is saying that the CPU is not compatible,but gives no indication as to why.

I understood that all the CPU needed was to run at 1.0 GHz. Is The app wrong and if so how do I fix it?

Any help much appreciated.

johnm328, Oct 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Checker App states CPU is not compatible but it's in the list of compatible CPU's - Similar Threads - Checker App states

2. Windows 11 compatibility checker says my cpu is not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 compatibility checker says my cpu is not supported: the checker says my cpu is not supported but when I checked he list of supported cpu's it is actually included and supported?my cpu is IntelR CoreTM i7-7820HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz...
  3. Windows 11 compatibility checker says my cpu is not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 compatibility checker says my cpu is not supported: the checker says my cpu is not supported but when I checked he list of supported cpu's it is actually included and supported?my cpu is IntelR CoreTM i7-7820HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz...
  4. windows 11 compatible cpu

windows 11 compatible cpu: hello,my processor isn't supported for windows 11. Intel Core i7-7500U CPU @2.70GHzhow do i know if i can replace it with a compatible one and what one should i choose?...
  5. Windows 11 CPU Compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 CPU Compatibility: I have a Microsoft Surface with an i7-6650U, 16GB RAM, 256GB nVME SSD running Windows 10 21H1 build 19044.1348. My CPU is listed on the supported processor list but when I run the PC Health Checker it says my processor is not compatible with Win11. Any ideas?...
  6. Windows 11 CPU Compatibility

Windows 11 CPU Compatibility: I have a Microsoft Surface with an i7-6650U, 16GB RAM, 256GB nVME SSD running Windows 10 21H1 build 19044.1348. My CPU is listed on the supported processor list but when I run the PC Health Checker it says my processor is not compatible with Win11. Any ideas?...
  7. My CPU is on the Windows11 compatibility list, but the Checker says it is not. I5-6300HQ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My CPU is on the Windows11 compatibility list, but the Checker says it is not. I5-6300HQ...: My CPU is on the WIndows11 compatibility list, but the Checker says it is not. I5-6300HQ CPU 2.3Ghz 4 core https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cpu-is-on-the-windows11-compatibility-list-but/1ca284bf-2683-4360-83e3-6527feb9f412
  8. My CPU is on the Windows11 compatibility list, but the Checker says it is not. I5-6300HQ...

My CPU is on the Windows11 compatibility list, but the Checker says it is not. I5-6300HQ...: My CPU is on the WIndows11 compatibility list, but the Checker says it is not. I5-6300HQ CPU 2.3Ghz 4 core https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cpu-is-on-the-windows11-compatibility-list-but/1ca284bf-2683-4360-83e3-6527feb9f412
  9. Windows 11 Checker App states CPU is not compatible but it's in the list of compatible CPU's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Checker App states CPU is not compatible but it's in the list of compatible CPU's: Having run the Windows 11 Checker App, is says my CPU is not compatible Intel Core i7-6700HQ @2.6GHz, however the CPU is listed in the compatible CPU list as far as I can see.Any idea why this might be the case? Is it due to the GHz or is this an error and should I try to...
  10. windows 11 cpu compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 cpu compatibility: My computer has an Intel Core i7 processor. The Windows 11 compatibility checker reports it is a Xeon CPU E5-1620, and that cpu is not supported. It appears to me that the Xeon processor is equal to or superior to the Core i7, but that aside, why is my processor being...