Windows 10: Windows 11 chimes on startup, won’t respond to keyboard or mouse

Discus and support Windows 11 chimes on startup, won’t respond to keyboard or mouse in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Running Windows 11 on an HP Pavilion x360. The laptop went to sleep and wouldn’t wake up. After a hard restart, the windows background would load, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Michael Kincaid, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Windows 11 chimes on startup, won’t respond to keyboard or mouse

Running Windows 11 on an HP Pavilion x360. The laptop went to sleep and wouldn’t wake up. After a hard restart, the windows background would load, and an error chime sounds. Now it won’t respond to keyboard or mouse input. Any ideas?

:)

Michael Kincaid, Apr 21, 2024

2. No Chime on Startup

Hi Gibson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that there is no Chime on startup in Win 10. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will be happy to assist you.

Please follow the below methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Update sound adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the sound drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your sound/audio device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Method 2: Update the latest drivers from the website.

Go to the manufacturer’s website
    and update the drivers.

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Apr 21, 2024
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 21, 2024
  4. John Fer Win User

Windows 11 chimes on startup, won’t respond to keyboard or mouse

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 chimes on startup, won’t respond to keyboard or mouse

1. Windows 11 chimes on startup, won’t respond to keyboard or mouse - Similar Threads - chimes startup won’t

2. Windows 11 chimes on startup, won’t respond to keyboard or mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 chimes on startup, won’t respond to keyboard or mouse: Running Windows 11 on an HP Pavilion x360. The laptop went to sleep and wouldn’t wake up. After a hard restart, the windows background would load, and an error chime sounds. Now it won’t respond to keyboard or mouse input. Any ideas?...
  3. Windows 11 Startup Chime Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Startup Chime Not Working: Every time my Windows 11 computer starts up, there should be a chime. However, it doesn't. I checked the sound settings and the "Play Windows Startup Sound" box is checked. I already tried troubleshooting the sound, but that wasn't the problem. Could somebody please help?...
  4. Windows 11 Startup Chime Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Startup Chime Not Working: Every time my Windows 11 computer starts up, there should be a chime. However, it doesn't. I checked the sound settings and the "Play Windows Startup Sound" box is checked. I already tried troubleshooting the sound, but that wasn't the problem. Could somebody please help?...
  5. Keyboard Won’t Respond

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Won’t Respond: Hello, i’m not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this, but I figure there’s probably professionals here who know something. So I’m pretty positive this is not a hardware problem, this is a brand new gaming laptop. I have used this free driver updating software...
  6. Keyboard Won’t Respond

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Won’t Respond: Hello, i’m not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this, but I figure there’s probably professionals here who know something. So I’m pretty positive this is not a hardware problem, this is a brand new gaming laptop. I have used this free driver updating software...
  7. Keyboard Won’t Respond

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows freezes when at startup screen, mouse or keyboard don't respond

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows freezes when at startup screen, mouse or keyboard don't respond: I can move mouse and keyboard in other settings like if I plug in a bootable USB. But when I am at the screen to enter the password it isn't responding. I tried to get my laptop into safe mode, same issue submitted by /u/a-lolololololololol [link] [comments]...
  9. keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10: hi, keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10 on my desktop pc.it was working fine before. plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-responding-in-window-10/55bbbde0-8100-477b-a8ca-a05e6b8184c2
  10. Keyboard and Mouse won't respond

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and Mouse won't respond: after an update I got a Keyboard error message up on boot up and once it gets to the logon screen neither my keyboard or mouse will work. They are wired. I have tired other keyboard and mice and they do not respond either. I was able to get my computer to boot up into...