Windows 10: Windows 11 - chkdsk does not work

Discus and support Windows 11 - chkdsk does not work in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; using: windows 11 pro x64, secure boot, Hi,I found I am unable to use chkdsk via cmd or tools tab on any drive though I can run it in read only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by andy spark, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Windows 11 - chkdsk does not work

using: windows 11 pro x64, secure boot, Hi,I found I am unable to use chkdsk via cmd or tools tab on any drive though I can run it in read only mode.Windows log: Chkdsk was executed in scan mode on a volume snapshot. Checking file system on C:The shadow copy provider had an error. Check the System and Application event logs for more information.A snapshot error occured while scanning this drive. Y

:)

andy spark, Jun 29, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 29, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Why is chkdsk stuck at 11%

Simply searching for
    "Why is chkdsk stuck" yields (e.g.)
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/chkdsk...-hangs-windows
    Microsoft Community

I would suggest you read these, then decide how to proceed. Note 11% is a figure that has been observed.
    Also consider with which parameters you are running chkdsk, and the comments about patience and time.

dalchina, Jun 29, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows 11 - chkdsk does not work

Internet Explorer 11 not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Internet Explorer help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jun 29, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 - chkdsk does not work

1. Windows 11 - chkdsk does not work - Similar Threads - chkdsk does

2. mountvol does not show all hidden partitions in windows repair and safe mode for chkdsk...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mountvol does not show all hidden partitions in windows repair and safe mode for chkdsk...: I have an ssd win10+recovery+efi+2partitions and a hdd25g factory recovery+win7+4partitions, 8 visible partitions and 3 hidden, so 11 that can be seen in computer management. I ran "mountvol" in CMD as administration but received 3 different responses in 3 modes. In windows,...
  3. mountvol does not show all hidden partitions in windows repair and safe mode for chkdsk...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mountvol does not show all hidden partitions in windows repair and safe mode for chkdsk...: I have an ssd win10+recovery+efi+2partitions and a hdd25g factory recovery+win7+4partitions, 8 visible partitions and 3 hidden, so 11 that can be seen in computer management. I ran "mountvol" in CMD as administration but received 3 different responses in 3 modes. In windows,...
  4. Windows 10 MFTMirr does not match MFT Win 10 chkdsk doesn't fix Win 7 chkdsk does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 MFTMirr does not match MFT Win 10 chkdsk doesn't fix Win 7 chkdsk does: When using clonezilla to copy an HDD or SSD, it will report an error if MFTMirr doesn't match MFT. Usually this is due to deleted files. Windows 10 chdsk /f doesn't fix it, but Window 7 chkdsk /f does fix it. Is there a way to get Window 10 chkdsk to make the same fixes that...
  5. Windows 10 MFTMirr does not match MFT Win 10 chkdsk doesn't fix Win 7 chkdsk does

Windows 10 MFTMirr does not match MFT Win 10 chkdsk doesn't fix Win 7 chkdsk does: When using clonezilla to copy an HDD or SSD, it will report an error if MFTMirr doesn't match MFT. Usually this is due to deleted files. Windows 10 chdsk /f doesn't fix it, but Window 7 chkdsk /f does fix it. Is there a way to get Window 10 chkdsk to make the same fixes that...
  6. Windows 10 MFTMirr does not match MFT Win 10 chkdsk doesn't fix Win 7 chkdsk does

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Window 11 laptop does not have sufficient rights for write, format, chkdsk, etc on any USB...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 laptop does not have sufficient rights for write, format, chkdsk, etc on any USB...: I've spent the last several hours scouring the Internet for answers and they all come up the same. chkdsk /fGo to Properties and change permissionsGo to Properties/Security and change the Ownerand on, and on, and on....all run as Administrator.What I can't seem to find is a...
  8. Window 11 laptop does not have sufficient rights for write, format, chkdsk, etc on any USB...

Window 11 laptop does not have sufficient rights for write, format, chkdsk, etc on any USB...: I've spent the last several hours scouring the Internet for answers and they all come up the same. chkdsk /fGo to Properties and change permissionsGo to Properties/Security and change the Ownerand on, and on, and on....all run as Administrator.What I can't seem to find is a...
  9. Does resetting Windows 10 undo "CHKDSK /f/r C:"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does resetting Windows 10 undo "CHKDSK /f/r C:"?: Hi, My hard drive has some bad sectors. Unfortunately, I think if affects some fundamental features of Windows 10 since two important apps can not connect to their severs. I am trying to run "CHKDSK /f/r C:" and reset/reinstall Windows 10. I am not sure whether "CHKDSK /f/r...
  10. Does resetting Windows 10 undo "CHKDSK /f/r C:"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does resetting Windows 10 undo "CHKDSK /f/r C:"?: Hi, My hard drive has some bad sectors. Unfortunately, I think if affects some fundamental features of Windows 10 since two important apps can not connect to their severs. I am trying to run "CHKDSK /f/r C:" and reset/reinstall Windows 10. I am not sure whether "CHKDSK /f/r...