Windows 10: Windows 11 compatible CPUs for VDI

Discus and support Windows 11 compatible CPUs for VDI in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm currently trying to test the Windows 11 upgrade on our Windows 10 VDI that are hosted on HP DL380 G9 servers. However, the upgrade refuses to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Orlakos, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Orlakos Win User

Windows 11 compatible CPUs for VDI

I'm currently trying to test the Windows 11 upgrade on our Windows 10 VDI that are hosted on HP DL380 G9 servers. However, the upgrade refuses to install with the reason being an incompatible CPU. This error happens whether I try the upgrade from WSUS, from Windows Update, or from a Windows ISO. If I run the PC Health Check app, I get the following messageHowever, if I check the official Microsoft list of supported CPUs at https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-11-supported-intel-processors the "Xeon Gold 6254" is listed as being supported.Has

:)

Orlakos, Nov 28, 2023

2. CPU is not compatible?

Your CPU model is not on Windows 11 CPU compatibility list, so it is not compatible and/or supported.

You can see the supported CPU models on the links below

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardwa...

Rodrigo.Queiroz, Nov 28, 2023
  3. Windows 11 CPU Compatibility

The Windows 11 update recently became available on my system, but when I opened the PC Health Check app it told me my CPU was not compatible with the update. Following up, I saw that the minimum hardware requirements are at least two cores and 1 GHz speed, and that it has to be on the list of approved processors. My CPU has 8 cores and 3.5 GHz base speed, so it's well in excess of the hardware requirements, but it's not on the list. Is this list going to be expanded in the future? I don't want to replace my motherboard just to run Windows 11 when I already have a great piece of equipment.

My processor is an AMD FX(tm)-8320 8-core processor. Thanks in advance.

serfCharlemagne, Nov 28, 2023
  4. IanMellin Win User

CPU not compatible to upgrade to windows 11.

Hello,

My PC has a I7-7500U CPU installed which is on the compatible list of processors that can run windows 11, however when I run the PC Health Check to see if I can upgrade the software it's saying that the CPU is not compatible. Mine is clearly listed as being compatible.

See this link provided by Microsoft.

Windows processor requirements Windows 11 supported Intel processors | Microsoft Docs

All the other checks carried out by the PC health check come back as green ticks for compatibility.

Has anyone come across this and how do I resolve it. I have spoken to Microsoft and they gave me a load of flannel about the hardware manufacture. I checked on the HP website for compatibility and they say the chip set in my PC is easily able to run the new operating system.

It would seem that the software doesn't actually match what is on the Microsoft Site.

Kind Regards

Ian.

IanMellin, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 11 compatible CPUs for VDI - Similar Threads - compatible CPUs VDI

2. Windows 11 compatible CPUs for VDI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 compatible CPUs for VDI: I'm currently trying to test the Windows 11 upgrade on our Windows 10 VDI that are hosted on HP DL380 G9 servers. However, the upgrade refuses to install with the reason being an incompatible CPU. This error happens whether I try the upgrade from WSUS, from Windows Update, or...
  3. Windows 11 supported CPUs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 supported CPUs: My computer has an Intel Core 17-4500U cpu. Why isn't this supported for Windows 11 and can it be added to the list of supported CPUs? It meets all the specs and other Intel processors are supported....
  4. Windows 11 not supporting CPUs

Windows 11 not supporting CPUs: My main desktop has an Intel i7-6700 CPU running at 3.4Ghz. Surely that's sufficient to run windows 11 - but the PC Health Check says "No" all other aspects are given the green tick.Is this because MS has not got around to testing that specific CPU or is it something else? If...
  5. Windows 11 not supporting CPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not supporting CPUs: My main desktop has an Intel i7-6700 CPU running at 3.4Ghz. Surely that's sufficient to run windows 11 - but the PC Health Check says "No" all other aspects are given the green tick. Is this because MS has not got around to testing that specific CPU or is it something else?...
  6. Windows 11 not supporting CPUs

Windows 11 not supporting CPUs: My main desktop has an Intel i7-6700 CPU running at 3.4Ghz. Surely that's sufficient to run windows 11 - but the PC Health Check says "No" all other aspects are given the green tick. Is this because MS has not got around to testing that specific CPU or is it something else?...
  7. Will Microsoft be adding additional CPUs that are compatible with Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Microsoft be adding additional CPUs that are compatible with Windows 11.: I have I7-4790 @3.6Hz and is not on list. Thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-microsoft-be-adding-additional-cpus-that-are/90b3ad0d-2a09-4227-ad3f-5eaf768b682c
  8. Will Microsoft be adding additional CPUs that are compatible with Windows 11.

Will Microsoft be adding additional CPUs that are compatible with Windows 11.: I have I7-4790 @3.6Hz and is not on list. Thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-microsoft-be-adding-additional-cpus-that-are/90b3ad0d-2a09-4227-ad3f-5eaf768b682c
  9. Windows 11 Supported CPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Supported CPUs: So I have a quite low-end laptop, but I did some research and apparently it's should support Windows 11 but it doesn't meet system requirements. I have everything: TPM 2.0, Secure Boot, 4GB RAM, 1GHz CPU with 2 cores etc. , the only thing that's not supported is CPU model. I...
  10. Windows 11 Supported CPUs

Windows 11 Supported CPUs: So I have a quite low-end laptop, but I did some research and apparently it's should support Windows 11 but it doesn't meet system requirements. I have everything: TPM 2.0, Secure Boot, 4GB RAM, 1GHz CPU with 2 cores etc. , the only thing that's not supported is CPU model. I...