Windows 10: Windows 11 Compatible PC does not show option for upgrade

Discus and support Windows 11 Compatible PC does not show option for upgrade in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a compatible PC with windows 11 requirements as pictured belowHowever, when I go to the update and security page of the setting, I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jackson P., Jul 3, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Compatible PC does not show option for upgrade

I have a compatible PC with windows 11 requirements as pictured belowHowever, when I go to the update and security page of the setting, I don't have the option to upgrade to windows 11 that I've seen others have. I merely get a banner advertising the page of system requirements for windows 11.Does anybody know of a way I can get the upgrade to Windows 11?

:)

Jackson P., Jul 3, 2022
  2. dougboes Win User

Upgrade to Windows 11

I want to upgrade my OS from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have run the compatibility software and got the message that says my Windows 10 software is not compatible with upgrading to Windows 11. I'm looking for a point & click application that will make my Windows 10 OS upgradable to Windows 11 or a file that will provide step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish the upgrade to Windows 11. I expect a list of files/applications that will not run in Windows 11 because my PC is not capable of running the new applications w/o hardware upgrades.

dougboes, Jul 3, 2022
  3. AntonyBMJ Win User
    Processor not compatible for Windows 11 Upgrade

Hello, My Dell Inspiron laptop meets all criteria listed in the website for Windows 11 upgrade. The processor (AMD Ryzen5 2500U) meets all criteria such as Processsor speed, number of cores etc meet reqd specs. Still the 'compatibility check tool has declared my PC not compatible for Win 11 upgrade citing processor incompatibility.. What could be the reason? Is there any solution to upgrade my PC to Windows 11 without changing the processor? Please guide.

AntonyBMJ, Jul 3, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Compatible PC does not show option for upgrade

Being told that my new PC is not compatible with Windows 11

Yes, TPM and Secure Boot are enabled; and my PC meets all of the minimum system requirements for upgrade to Windows 11;

except the CPU is not listed as compatible.

This computer is quite new.

Whilst it may be the case that every new PC is compatible with Windows 11; why should I have to buy a new computer when there is nothing wrong with the present one?

It has a legitimate copy of Microsoft Windows 10 Professional, Activated with a Retail Digital Licence, bought from the Microsoft APP Store.

I bought my PC and copy of Microsoft Windows 10 thinking that I was covered for all future upgrades.

Now, I learn that I am not covered for future upgrades because the CPU is not compatible with Windows 11.

Who is to say that If I buy a new computer, with Windows 11, that the CPU on that one may not qualify for an

upgrade to the next version of Windows?

Bhakta_Glenn, Jul 3, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Compatible PC does not show option for upgrade

1. Windows 11 Compatible PC does not show option for upgrade - Similar Threads - Compatible does show

2. Windows 11 upgrade compatibility.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade compatibility.: When will the list of compatible Intel CPUs be updated to include the Intel i7 7700K CPU which exceeds all of the technical requirements for upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-upgrade-compatibility/d1342dd3-b216-4c46-977f-b2bf09ef58f2
  3. Windows 11 upgrade compatibility.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade compatibility.: When will the list of compatible Intel CPUs be updated to include the Intel i7 7700K CPU which exceeds all of the technical requirements for upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-upgrade-compatibility/d1342dd3-b216-4c46-977f-b2bf09ef58f2
  4. Windows 11 Compatible PC does not show option for upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Compatible PC does not show option for upgrade: I have a compatible PC with windows 11 requirements as pictured belowHowever, when I go to the update and security page of the setting, I don't have the option to upgrade to windows 11 that I've seen others have. I merely get a banner advertising the page of system...
  5. Windows 11 not showing as an upgrade option after errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not showing as an upgrade option after errors: I have been trying to upgrade my laptop from Windows 10 Home to Windows 11 home. I attempted to do so last week and got an error - error 0xc1900101-20017 I removed Bitdefender today and attempted to upgrade again, however it is no longer showing an option to upgrade to...
  6. Windows 11 not showing as an upgrade option after errors

Windows 11 not showing as an upgrade option after errors: I have been trying to upgrade my laptop from Windows 10 Home to Windows 11 home. I attempted to do so last week and got an error - error 0xc1900101-20017 I removed Bitdefender today and attempted to upgrade again, however it is no longer showing an option to upgrade to...
  7. CPU upgrade to make pc windows 11 compatible

CPU upgrade to make pc windows 11 compatible: I currently have a HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-p033. Product number Z5N87AA#ABA. My CPU is 7th Generation Intel Core I7-7700. My motherboard is HP82F200 with a 1151LGA CPU slot. Windows 10. PC health check says my machine as it is now cannot be updated to Windows 11. My...
  8. CPU upgrade to make pc windows 11 compatible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU upgrade to make pc windows 11 compatible: I currently have a HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-p033. Product number Z5N87AA#ABA. My CPU is 7th Generation Intel Core I7-7700. My motherboard is HP82F200 with a 1151LGA CPU slot. Windows 10. PC health check says my machine as it is now cannot be updated to Windows 11. My...
  9. PC not compatible with Windows 11 upgrade??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC not compatible with Windows 11 upgrade??: Hi all, I'm not hugely clued up on computers so may have missed something here, I am trying to see whether my PC is eligible for free upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and I get the following error message:"The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11.Processor:...
  10. Your PC is not compatible with Windows 11? Here are your options!

in Windows 10 News
    Your PC is not compatible with Windows 11? Here are your options!: Microsoft's new Windows 11 operating system will be released later this year; the system will be a free upgrade for devices running Windows 10, provided that they have a genuine activated license and meet the system requirements. Microsoft revealed earlier that there won't...