Windows 10: Windows 11 Computer will not wake from sleep.

Discus and support Windows 11 Computer will not wake from sleep. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having issues with my windows installation for quite a while now. Running on Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22000. I have created a new power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KrasimirKarov, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Computer will not wake from sleep.

Hello, I have been having issues with my windows installation for quite a while now. Running on Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22000. I have created a new power plan, removed all power control for USBs to sleep and still when I move the mouse or keyboard, the computer tries to wake up, but won't. Monitors are not waking up, mouse and keyboard are powered, but don't seem to function. I've gone through the device manager and updated the drivers for the monitors, which currently state "Generic PnP Monitor" and have the latest drivers for my videocard. I've also made sure that all mouse & keyboard devic

:)

KrasimirKarov, Aug 16, 2022
  2. John Sarc Win User

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Aug 16, 2022
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 16, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Computer will not wake from sleep.

computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Computer will not wake from sleep.

1. Windows 11 Computer will not wake from sleep. - Similar Threads - Computer wake sleep

2. Windows 11 Computer will not wake from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Computer will not wake from sleep.: Hello, I have been having issues with my windows installation for quite a while now. Running on Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22000. I have created a new power plan, removed all power control for USBs to sleep and still when I move the mouse or keyboard, the computer tries to wake up,...
  3. Computer keeps waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer keeps waking from sleep: My computer (fully up-to-date - 19042.746) Windows 10 Home x64 wakes from sleep constantly. This is what is waking the computer: C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path:...
  4. Computer won't wake from Sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake from Sleep.: My computer won't wake from sleep. It is a clean install of windows Ver 1909 Build 18363.836. I have reinstalled several times. When I move the mouse or use the keyboard the power light stop blinking comes on steady, the fans start up, it checks the DVD player, the activity...
  5. Computer doesn’t wake from sleep

Computer doesn’t wake from sleep: Each time I walk away from my HP laptop running windows 10 and it goes to sleep, it won't wake up without a forced restart. All Windows updates have been run. All HP hardware and software updates have been run as in completed. Here are what the power settings and the...
  6. Computer will not wake up from "sleep"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer will not wake up from "sleep": I built my own PC, and although all advanced power settings are set to never sleep (including never turn off hard disk), it frequently freezes and will not wake up. It sends a buzzing to my Focusrite 2i2 powered speakers, which is what happens normally when the machine is...
  7. Computer Waking Up From Sleep

Computer Waking Up From Sleep: [ATTACH]I recently built my new gaming rig and I usually set my power and sleep settings to sleep after 2 hours of idle. I realized when it goes to "sleep" It actually turns off but still responds to a press of a key and saves the session. When it turns on it goes through the...
  8. Computer wont wake from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer wont wake from sleep: I have been reading forum posts about this since it seems to be a common problem, but I have tried everything that I have read about with no changes. I have a Dell 13 9370 with the latest version of Windows 10 (version 1903). I have tried: Adjust the power settings....
  9. Multiple computers waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple computers waking from sleep: All of a sudden (perhaps since 1903 was installed) three of my computers are waking themselves up from sleep. I can put them back to sleep but invariably they will soon be back awake. AFAICT once they are awakened they will not go back to sleep. This is not happening to all...
  10. Waking the computer up from sleep

Waking the computer up from sleep: I have been having the issue as of late that whenever my computer would go into sleep mode by itself or if I would accidentally press the power button, thus initiating sleep mode, I can not get the screen to turn back on. In order for the screen to come back on, I would have...