Windows 10: Windows 11 Computers no longer showing up under NETWORK in File Explorer

Discus and support Windows 11 Computers no longer showing up under NETWORK in File Explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Networking still works. I can still share and connect to remote computers if I remember the full name or IP address, but even if I "\\" successfully to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DarkHorseSki, May 31, 2023.

1. Windows 11 Computers no longer showing up under NETWORK in File Explorer

Networking still works. I can still share and connect to remote computers if I remember the full name or IP address, but even if I "\\" successfully to those computers, they still will not appear under my network connections so I can easily get back to them. Normally, if discovery is taking time, going straight to the machines once will still load the NETWORK area. And yes, my machine is fully patched.I've rebooted. I've bounced the settings in the Control Panel/Network.../Advanced Sharing area. I've doublechecked the services and the firewall to make sure everything is exactly as it sh

:)

DarkHorseSki, May 31, 2023
  2. MisterEd Win User

Computers Vanished From File Explorer But Network Still Works

I agree with @Try3. I have tried every suggested method to fix Windows networking suggested on these forums. All at best only worked for a short time. The only things that helped was:
    1. Batch file I suggested in an earlier post
    2. Creating shortcuts to computers on my home network
    Note these two things are not fixes but workaround. However, at least they help and have never failed.

I have shortcuts set up for eight computers on my home network. I have created a folder on my desktop called My Network to hold the shortcuts. They have a mix of the following operating systems:
    • Windows 10 - 4
    • Windows 7 - 3
    • Windows XP - 1

Windows 11  Computers no longer showing up under NETWORK in File Explorer 0136816t-computers-vanished-file-explorer-but-network-still-works-2022-04-16-14_19_39-my-network.jpg

MisterEd, May 31, 2023
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 7 File Sharing between computers, PROBLEMS!!

Just do a file transfer in explorer from one computer to the other and see what speed you get. I would suggest avoiding homegroup and using a proper network setup instead.

newtekie1, May 31, 2023
  4. GeorgeD55 Win User

Windows 11 Computers no longer showing up under NETWORK in File Explorer

ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list

My desktop computer is connected to my router with ethernet & does not show my WiFi connected laptop computer in the file explorer network list in the left pane. The desktop computer does list itself in the network list. The laptop shows both computers
    in its network list. This worked a couple weeks ago before a windows 10 update was done on both computers. I've tried just about everything with no luck. What could be the problem?

GeorgeD55, May 31, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 Computers no longer showing up under NETWORK in File Explorer

1. Windows 11 Computers no longer showing up under NETWORK in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Computers longer showing

2. Windows 11 File Explorer Map Network Drive no longer under This PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer Map Network Drive no longer under This PC: July 15 , 2023 . Windows 11, fresh install with all updates.Map Network Drive no longer appears when in File Explorerand clicking the three ellipses three dots on top right when on "This PC".Simply not there.Can someone please provide a concise and straight forward...
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer Map Network Drive no longer under This PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer Map Network Drive no longer under This PC: July 15 , 2023 . Windows 11, fresh install with all updates.Map Network Drive no longer appears when in File Explorerand clicking the three ellipses three dots on top right when on "This PC".Simply not there.Can someone please provide a concise and straight forward...
  4. Windows 11 Computers no longer showing up under NETWORK in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Computers no longer showing up under NETWORK in File Explorer: Networking still works. I can still share and connect to remote computers if I remember the full name or IP address, but even if I "\\" successfully to those computers, they still will not appear under my network connections so I can easily get back to them. Normally, if...
  5. Computers no longer show in file explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computers no longer show in file explorer: My computers no longer show in the file explorer when you click on the greater than symbole in front of network to show all computers. I have a home network with 3 Laptops 2 on cat6 1 on WIFI,3 Desktops all on cat6, 2 Smart TVs not on network yet.ALL systems are running...
  6. How to fix Computer Name not showing under Network in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to fix Computer Name not showing under Network in File Explorer?: How do I fix the pc's computer name not showing under Network in File Explorer? If I type \\computer name in the File Explorer address box, the pc shows in Network. If I do a network reset, the pc shows in Network until a reboot. I have tried ipconfig /flushdns and nbtstat...
  7. Networking: Computers no longer show up on network.

Networking: Computers no longer show up on network.: I suddenly have an issue with no computers showing up on the network on one of my computers which us connected via ethernet. A second computer on the ethernet lists all computers but cannot access the first one and a third on wifi lists the first ethernet computer. All...
  8. Android phones not showing up under Network in File Explorer

Android phones not showing up under Network in File Explorer: We have multiple Android phones at home connecting to the same home WIFI network. I have the following queries - Q1. Why are they not showing up under Network in File Explorer ? Q2. Can we access the phones from our computers wirelessly when they are connecting to the...
  9. Computers not showing up under Network in Files Explorer

Computers not showing up under Network in Files Explorer: Installed a new modem/router combo, now none of the local network computers show up under Network in Files Explorer. I have a Pro tablet, a laptop, and 2 desktops on the home network. I am "guessing" it has to do with some modem setting, not a clue where to start looking....
  10. No longer able to see my computers under "network" in File explorer.

No longer able to see my computers under "network" in File explorer.: I have 3 computers running Windows 10 1709 , all 3 computers using Workgroup as name . I was trying to locate a shared folder in computer 2 today from Computer 3 , but I cannot find the computer under file Explorer , Network anymore. I tried the reverse but Computer 2 also...