Windows 10: Windows 11 default folder pointed to Documents

Discus and support Windows 11 default folder pointed to Documents in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 in workgroupTrying to redirect to default documentshave restarted explorerhave rebooted machinehave entered %USERPROFILE%\Documentsfollowing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DennisJ Krohn, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Windows 11 default folder pointed to Documents

Windows 11 in workgroupTrying to redirect to default documentshave restarted explorerhave rebooted machinehave entered %USERPROFILE%\Documentsfollowing https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2936105/operation-to-change-a-personal-folder-location-fails-in-windowsget error Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied.

:)

DennisJ Krohn, Apr 5, 2022

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 5, 2022
  3. Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 5, 2022
  4. Micah Bat Win User

Windows 11 default folder pointed to Documents

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Apr 5, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 default folder pointed to Documents

1. Windows 11 default folder pointed to Documents - Similar Threads - default folder pointed

2. Default document folder restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default document folder restore: I want to restore the default document folder on my windows 11. After I removed one drive my documents folder disapeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-document-folder-restore/130672cf-ecd7-4edb-8aac-8334343d79ba
  3. Default document folder restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default document folder restore: I want to restore the default document folder on my windows 11. After I removed one drive my documents folder disapeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-document-folder-restore/130672cf-ecd7-4edb-8aac-8334343d79ba
  4. Windows 11 default folder pointed to Documents

Windows 11 default folder pointed to Documents: Windows 11 in workgroupTrying to redirect to default documentshave restarted explorerhave rebooted machinehave entered %USERPROFILE%\Documentsfollowing https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2936105/operation-to-change-a-personal-folder-location-fails-in-windowsget error...
  5. Changing OneDrive as default document folder in Windows 11

Changing OneDrive as default document folder in Windows 11: I just bought a new laptop with Windows 11 installed.Files that I placed in Documents, Pictures, Video, Music folders however are not being stored on my hard drive but on C:\Users\{me}\OneDrive. I do not want this.I want the old-fashioned method that was in Windows 10 where...
  6. Changing OneDrive as default document folder in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing OneDrive as default document folder in Windows 11: I just bought a new laptop with Windows 11 installed.Files that I placed in Documents, Pictures, Video, Music folders however are not being stored on my hard drive but on C:\Users\{me}\OneDrive. I do not want this.I want the old-fashioned method that was in Windows 10 where...
  7. default "Documents" folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default "Documents" folder: Can someone help me change my default "Documents" folder setting? What happened, I believe, is that when I was first installing W10, I was happily clicking through the setup checkboxes, asking if you want this there and that here, and something else over in this place. At...
  8. Issues with default "Documents" Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with default "Documents" Folder: Hello, I'm at my wits end and am really hoping someone here can help! Windows appears to think my Pictures folder is my Documents folder. In the "This PC" shell, "Documents" no longer appears. Rather, I am seeing "Pictures" twice (picture below). Both instances of...
  9. Documents folder opens by default

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder opens by default: When I try to open a folder in Windows Explorer, it opens the "Documents" Folder by default. I have to choose "Open" or "Open in New Window" to get it right. If I select "Open Windows Explorer" or double click on the folder, my Documents folder opens. I have reset every...
  10. My Documents not pointing to correct folder

in Windows 10 Support
    My Documents not pointing to correct folder: Hello, Not sure where to post this query so aplogies if this is in the wrong place. History: Two weeks ago after an update, my WIn 10 laptop wouldn't boot (black screen with flashing underscore cursor). Finally managed to resolve the issue and get the PC to boot into...