Windows 10: Windows 11 Defender Antivirus Threat Service Error — Doesn't Work and Refuses To Restart

Discus and support Windows 11 Defender Antivirus Threat Service Error — Doesn't Work and Refuses To Restart in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I've gotten this odd problem with the in-built antivirus in Win 11 — I get a notification that says "The threat service has stopped. Restart it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by André Salvatierra, May 20, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Defender Antivirus Threat Service Error — Doesn't Work and Refuses To Restart

Hello, I've gotten this odd problem with the in-built antivirus in Win 11 — I get a notification that says "The threat service has stopped. Restart it now". But the problem is it doesn't! I just get an odd error saying there's an "unexpected error" and to please "try again", but when I try again, I get the same result and nothing happens, leaving my computer without a running antivirus apparently.I have tried removing all other anti-malware that may be causing conflicts, but the problem remains. I've also gone into the Virus & threat protection settings to try and manual activate the swi

:)

André Salvatierra, May 20, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service - Error 1067

Are you running the PC on an enterprise network and logging on to a domain? If not, the Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service won't run and shouldn't be started. It's not intended for stand-alone PCs.

Announcing Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection for Enterprise

The service that should be running (on Automatic) is Windows Defender Antivirus Service. If you have Cloud-based protection and Automatic sample submission turned on the (Manual) Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service should also be running.

The previously suggested in-place repair install is quite painless and preserves all your installed apps, settings and files. It should fix things if you can't get them going yourself.

3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 11 Defender Antivirus Threat Service Error — Doesn't Work and Refuses To Restart [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 20, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Defender Antivirus Threat Service Error — Doesn't Work and Refuses To Restart

Windows Defender threat service stopped working. Restart now.

Some users might be experiencing a glitch with starting the Threat Service (Windows Defender Antimalware Service) that was delivered on Patch Tuesday. So the first thing to try would be manually restarting the PC several times, with a few-minute break
    between the restarts (Start button > Power > Restart), as suggested by Le Boule in this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-restart/9215a1e1-d386-477b-b22f-d608365b255a

If that doesn’t work, then check the Security Center for the status of Windows Defender, and for any messages pertaining thereto (Control Panel > Security and Maintenance).

Refer to this thread for further troubleshooting steps:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-stopped/ff4395cf-d93c-4e1c-a6fc-d14cdcaf8bc7

Additionally, you can query the registry to make sure that Defender is properly enabled in its own registry folder.

Right-click on the Start button and launch Windows PowerShell; and then copy, paste, and enter these commands

REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v DisableAntiSpyware

REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v PassiveMode

Both parameters should be set to the value of 0.

Windows 11 Defender Antivirus Threat Service Error — Doesn't Work and Refuses To Restart 889248bf-a760-40a9-9867-2474ce01f45a?upload=true.png

Also, if you’ve already run the cleanup tools for any preinstalled or previously installed AV apps, and also confirmed the integrity of the system with both the System File Checker and DISM, then you can try rebuilding the WMI Repository to clear any
    possible corruption in the Security Center:

Troubleshooting when Windows does not detect Avast Antivirus installation | Avast

If you can’t get Windows Defender up and running, then you’ll either have to resort to the recovery options,
    beginning with a System Restore to a point prior to the onset of the issue (if you insist on using Windows Defender):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Or else install a free third-party AV app for real-time protection so that you’ll be able to connect to the internet safely:

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2388652,00.asp

GreginMich, May 20, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Defender Antivirus Threat Service Error — Doesn't Work and Refuses To Restart

1. Windows 11 Defender Antivirus Threat Service Error — Doesn't Work and Refuses To Restart - Similar Threads - Defender Antivirus Threat

2. Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated: Hello, I have problem with Windows Defender on Windows 10 Home (20H2 version). I'm still getting this error in Event Viewer: The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error: General access denied error I already tried to use sfc /scannow...
  3. Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to start & unknown status

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to start & unknown status: I'm currently on Windows 10 - 1909. Windows defender refuses to start. The status is always "unknown". When I try to enable the real time protection nothing happens. I'm currently on Windows 1909. Windows defender refuses to start. The status is always "unknown". When I try...
  4. Windows Defender "threat service has stopped restart it now"

Windows Defender "threat service has stopped restart it now": Hello. I`m new here and also looking for help. The problem started today. Yesterday installed KB4549951 update. If i try to do full scan defender just stops after a few minutes. Event viewer just gives multiple "The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated...
  5. The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error:...

The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error:...: The threat service keeps stopping a couple of minutes after the system has booted. I attempt to restart it I get an unexpected error occured dialog The following error is logged in the Event Viewer,,, The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the...
  6. Windows Defender "threat service has stopped restart it now"

Windows Defender "threat service has stopped restart it now": Started today. Yesterday installed KB4549951 update. If i try to do full scan defender just stops after a few minutes. Event viewer just gives multiple "The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error: General access denied error"...
  7. Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to update: Hello. I am here with another problem with my laptop. I am using Windows 10 build 1809 too. I want to install build 1909, but as I do so, it does say Windows Defender is pending an update, and after lots of minutes, even almost an hour, it gets stuck on: "Security...
  8. Windows Defender antivirus service

Windows Defender antivirus service: Hello, i tried running my windows defender antivirus service from "services" buh i couldn't. The detail file needed to for the service, 'MsMpEng.exe' was also not running, i tried running that also but couldn't. Please i need your help, my machine is crashing down with virus...
  9. Windows Defender Antivirus threat

Windows Defender Antivirus threat: How do I delete/resolve this particular threat? Program:Win32/Uwamson/A!ml https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-antivirus-threat/c6f1db73-53e7-4278-a0dc-c90342f56d68
  10. Windows Defender Threat Service Stopped and Won't Restart

Windows Defender Threat Service Stopped and Won't Restart: [ATTACH] My Windows Defender Threat Service has stopped and every time I try to restart it, it won't work. I think it may have something to do with an update that the Windows Defender needs, but the update won't install either. I've tried a few solutions but so far nothing...