Windows 10: Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...

Discus and support Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have noticed for several days that memory usage on a Windows 11 laptop I have been setting up has been creeping higher first noticed at 80% or so,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gregory L365, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...

I have noticed for several days that memory usage on a Windows 11 laptop I have been setting up has been creeping higher first noticed at 80% or so, but task manager isn't showing any processes even under detailed using much memory.It's up to 99% used now, and disk thrashing with 100% disk SSD 256GB in use.The top process is usually 46 MB, than 35 or less than 13MB, 11MB, then 20 processes less than 10 MB, the rest less than 100 processes showing less than 1 MB-- so worse case 100 MB generous estimate for top memory users+20*10 +100 MB, about 400MB used.I don't know how to determin

:)

Gregory L365, Dec 6, 2023

2. No drive found on my internal hard disk on Dell Latitude E5430.

Hello,My laptop (Dell Latitude E5430) was working perfectly till yesterday. But yesterday night, it restarted on its own and ever since, it's stuck at this screen:

Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager... 325596d1617341188t-no-drive-found-my-internal-hard-disk-dell-latitude-e5430-image.png

Also, inside the BIOS, no UEFI bootable hard disk drive is being listed.

Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager... 325602d1617343301t-no-drive-found-my-internal-hard-disk-dell-latitude-e5430-image.jpg

The UEFI flash disk option shown above is that of my bootable pen drive with Windows 10 installation copy.I googled this issue a bit and the results were as follows:
    1. one thread suggested that I should run Dell's internal diagnostics to see if there anything wrong with hard disk. I did that but every component, including the hard disk one, passed these internal test.
      Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager... 325599d1617342961t-no-drive-found-my-internal-hard-disk-dell-latitude-e5430-image.png
    2. a second thread suggested that I should try to remove and reseat the hard disk. I did that following Dell's user manual.
    3. another thread suggested that I should reinstall my windows 10 afresh. But when I try to do so, the windows installation wizard doesn't list any drive in the hard disk. It's as if it doesn't detect hard disk at all.
      Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager... 325601d1617343217t-no-drive-found-my-internal-hard-disk-dell-latitude-e5430-image.png
    In a nutshell, while the hard disk is being detected, but none of its drives is. However, the hard disk consisted of 3 drives:
    1. C: with the windows' and applications' installations,
    2. D: with all of my data,
    3. E: which was recovery drive.
    Any troubleshooting suggestions?I'm sorry I am not able to help you guys with any logs and stuff because I don't know how to get them when I can't get my Windows to boot. I'm not even sure if this is the correct section where I should be posting this thread.. I'm just so confused right now. *cry

A few weeks ago, I had upgraded (not fresh installation) from windows 10 version 1607 to 20H2. The version 1607 installation was a clean one (from scratch, after formatting the hard disk and creating new partitions).

Ten64BitUser, Dec 6, 2023
  3. 99% of the RAM memory being use when no app is running ,pc lagging

in my pc , i got the new windows 11 home , from few days my pc is randomly showing 99% usadge of memory i.e ram in the task manager ,and the pc is hagging alot due to which i am not able to do anything , i have no apps or broweser aur anything open ,still its showing 99% of memory being used ,i dont know where that memory is being used ,please help

Aarya Mondal, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...

Something is eating 99% of 16gb RAM

In this case, we suggest monitoring your RAM and Virtual Memory usage to check what programs are using the most memory in your system. To do this, simply follow the steps on this

article
    . You can also refer to this article -
    Optimize Windows for Better Performance
    to make your system perform faster.

Let us know how it goes and if you have other questions, feel free to post on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...

1. Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager... - Similar Threads - Dell Latitude 16GB

2. Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...: I have noticed for several days that memory usage on a Windows 11 laptop I have been setting up has been creeping higher first noticed at 80% or so, but task manager isn't showing any processes even under detailed using much memory.It's up to 99% used now, and disk thrashing...
  3. I installed 16gb of ram but task manager only a says 8gb of ram is installed, how do I fix...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I installed 16gb of ram but task manager only a says 8gb of ram is installed, how do I fix...: I just got an 16gb of ram dual channel kit for my computer I followed the installation instructions and installed the ram properly. Then powered my computer on went to task manager and it only said I had 8gb of ram installed. Just need help get both 8gb sticks of ram to work....
  4. I installed 16gb of ram but task manager only a says 8gb of ram is installed, how do I fix...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed 16gb of ram but task manager only a says 8gb of ram is installed, how do I fix...: I just got an 16gb of ram dual channel kit for my computer I followed the installation instructions and installed the ram properly. Then powered my computer on went to task manager and it only said I had 8gb of ram installed. Just need help get both 8gb sticks of ram to work....
  5. I installed 16gb of ram but task manager only a says 8gb of ram is installed, how do I fix...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. WHAT is eating up all my memory/RAM? Task manager not adding up to 16GB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHAT is eating up all my memory/RAM? Task manager not adding up to 16GB: [ATTACH] I have 16 GB of RAM installed, but my Windows 10 PC is not acting like it! As you can see in my screenshot, it says I am at 75% memory usage even though the biggest programs are taking up ~3GB. So what is happening to the rest of my RAM? As you can also see...
  7. i have 99 at the disk section in task manager

i have 99 at the disk section in task manager: is normal to have 99 disk for 2 minutes after u started the pc ? and a bit higher cpu but then is everything normal ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-99-at-the-disk-section-in-task-manager/55c66d9d-a2f0-4dbb-9faf-aed1edb11fe7
  8. Dell Latitude D630 Memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Latitude D630 Memory: I installed new and more memory into my Dell Latitude D630 today. I put a new 4gig 200pin in the first port under the key board and one 4gig 200pin in the second on the backside. I checked the laptop has the new bios A17. I am running windows10 Home and when I check the...
  9. Can i use Windows Memory Diagnostic in 16gb of ram system ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can i use Windows Memory Diagnostic in 16gb of ram system ?: Can WMD/Memory test used in 16gb of ram computer ? Someone said you should run wmd/memtest if you only have 4gb of ram, if you have more than 4gb you have to use memtest86. Is it true ? I am using Windows 10 Home Single Language 1903 143941
  10. Memory usage 99% of 16GB but it's not if I add up everything in task manager

Memory usage 99% of 16GB but it's not if I add up everything in task manager: I'm trying live chat. I'M TRYING!!! but person keeps getting back to me already 3 times with how to fix STORAGE and how to perform other unnecessary things. I'm wondering, is this seriously happening? Are live chat agents just bunch of kids doing random troubleshooting steps....