Windows 10: Windows 11 - Desktop background automatically reverts to the default image after changing it

Discus and support Windows 11 - Desktop background automatically reverts to the default image after changing it in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Device Model: asus zenbook ux363eaJust purchased an Asus Zenbook with windows 11 home edition V 21H2 installed. Whenever I change the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jacob_493, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Jacob_493 Win User

Windows 11 - Desktop background automatically reverts to the default image after changing it

Device Model: asus zenbook ux363eaJust purchased an Asus Zenbook with windows 11 home edition V 21H2 installed. Whenever I change the desktop background, it reverts back to the default image within minutes. I believe it may be something to do with the laptop being used as a display model was set up at an IT store after purchase; however, this is just a guess.I have tried deleting all themes except for the custom one using the image I'd like as my wallpaper. I've tried restarting & shutting down the device as well as disabling policies in the group policy editor. Nothing has worked so f

:)

Jacob_493, Sep 12, 2022

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Sep 12, 2022
  3. I want to get the default images back for lock screen and desktop

Hi Ryan,

To change the lockscreen and desktop background to default, follow the steps provided below and check for status.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Background.
    • In the right pane, click on the drop down list under Background
      and select Picture.
    • Choose the default picture displayed below the drop down list.
    • Follow the same steps to change the lockscreen image as well.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 12, 2022
  4. Windows 11 - Desktop background automatically reverts to the default image after changing it

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 12, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 - Desktop background automatically reverts to the default image after changing it

1. Windows 11 - Desktop background automatically reverts to the default image after changing it - Similar Threads - Desktop background automatically

2. Problem Changing Image Background used on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Changing Image Background used on Desktop: I recently activated OneDrive on my Laptop and I only mentioned it as the only known change. I am using an Acer Laptop with Win10 and this is something I have managed many times in the past. I am trying to change the Desktop Image using the Personalize option. But this time...
  3. Windows 11 desktop image on monitor reverts to laptop image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 desktop image on monitor reverts to laptop image: Hello,Currently using windows 11 and a Surface Laptop 4. I have an external monitor at home and at work that I plug into daily. I am only using 1 "virtual desktop" so I am able to change the desktop image to be something different for the monitor vs my actual laptop screen....
  4. Windows 11 desktop image on monitor reverts to laptop image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 desktop image on monitor reverts to laptop image: Hello,Currently using windows 11 and a Surface Laptop 4. I have an external monitor at home and at work that I plug into daily. I am only using 1 "virtual desktop" so I am able to change the desktop image to be something different for the monitor vs my actual laptop screen....
  5. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting: Hello... I have been facing an issue in which my desktop and settings revert to default everytime I restart it. Because of so I have to set my settings and desktop again back to my own settings and personalization. My download and document file also seem to reset everytime I...
  6. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting: Hello... I have been facing an issue in which my desktop and settings revert to default everytime I restart it. Because of so I have to set my settings and desktop again back to my own settings and personalization. My download and document file also seem to reset everytime I...
  7. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 11 Desktop background keeps reverting when I change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Desktop background keeps reverting when I change it: Desktop background keeps reverting to a specific picture every time I change itI have an original Windows 11 installation on a brand new asus laptop. The desktop background came preconfigured to a picture. I want to change it from that picture to a solid black color.I...
  9. Windows 11 Desktop background keeps reverting when I change it

Windows 11 Desktop background keeps reverting when I change it: Desktop background keeps reverting to a specific picture every time I change itI have an original Windows 11 installation on a brand new asus laptop. The desktop background came preconfigured to a picture. I want to change it from that picture to a solid black color.I...
  10. Windows 11 - Desktop background automatically reverts to the default image after changing it

Windows 11 - Desktop background automatically reverts to the default image after changing it: Device Model: asus zenbook ux363eaJust purchased an Asus Zenbook with windows 11 home edition V 21H2 installed. Whenever I change the desktop background, it reverts back to the default image within minutes. I believe it may be something to do with the laptop being used as a...