Windows 10: Windows 11 Desktop Icon Spacing

Discus and support Windows 11 Desktop Icon Spacing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; An update for Win. 11 was recently applied to my laptop and shortly after I noticed that the icon on my Windows desktop were arranged with large... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MS.19, Sep 17, 2022.

1. MS.19 Win User

Windows 11 Desktop Icon Spacing

An update for Win. 11 was recently applied to my laptop and shortly after I noticed that the icon on my Windows desktop were arranged with large spacing between each icon. I tried to arrange them properly manually without success. I also tried to re-arrange them properly by changing the value for icon spacing and icon vertical spacing in regedit without success. Aside from 3rd party software intervention, is there any other fix for this annoying problem?Your assistance and insight in this regard is very much appreciated.Thank you,MS

:)

MS.19, Sep 17, 2022

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 17, 2022
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Sep 17, 2022
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Freely moving desktop icons in windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the blank space on desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to grid.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Sep 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Desktop Icon Spacing - Similar Threads - Desktop Icon Spacing

2. Icon spacing on W11 desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon spacing on W11 desktop: Hello,I have an annoying problem with my desktop.My icon spacing is just awful. So big.Any way to solve this?tks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-spacing-on-w11-desktop/a28aaa6d-da1d-4c4e-a9cd-e92dd4ddf6e9
  3. Icon spacing on W11 desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon spacing on W11 desktop: Hello,I have an annoying problem with my desktop.My icon spacing is just awful. So big.Any way to solve this?tks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-spacing-on-w11-desktop/a28aaa6d-da1d-4c4e-a9cd-e92dd4ddf6e9
  4. Windows 11 Desktop Icon Spacing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Desktop Icon Spacing: An update for Win. 11 was recently applied to my laptop and shortly after I noticed that the icon on my Windows desktop were arranged with large spacing between each icon. I tried to arrange them properly manually without success. I also tried to re-arrange them properly by...
  5. Desktop Icon Spacing . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon Spacing . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro My desktop icons, are very far apart. I want to get them, closer. Here,'is the way to do it, by editing the registry. =============================== regedit Hkey_current_user control_panel Desktop WindowsMetric...
  6. desktop icon spacing is extended

desktop icon spacing is extended: My desktop icon has been stretched, how to restore it to the original settings. Thank you. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-spacing-is-extended/505c92f9-f6c2-48b0-905a-7af115cf4a32
  7. desktop icon spacing

desktop icon spacing: I keep having desktop spacing problems. I have down regedit in registry fix many times, but it keeps coming back I am using win 10 with edge. Is there anupdate I need to load that fixes this problem?...
  8. desktop icon spacing problem

desktop icon spacing problem: Windows updated my computer and now the spacing between the desktop icons is huge, and I do not want to dig into the registry editor to solve this because it is annoying. Does Mircosoft made something in the settings panel which allows users to adjust the desktop icon...
  9. Desktop icon spacing

Desktop icon spacing: Is there a way to change desktop icon spacing with windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-spacing/a5f2b68d-e5a4-4303-b6ce-d8fdf91e8708
  10. Desktop icon spacing

Desktop icon spacing: I'm used to tweaking the values in HKCU\ControlPanel\Desktop\WindowsMetrics\Icon Spacing in previous version of Windows, but it appears to work a bit differently in Win10. Changing the Icon Spacing from the default of -1560 to, say -2000, gives more room for the icon title...