Windows 10: Windows 11 > Device Security - Unable to turn Firmware Protection ON

Discus and support Windows 11 > Device Security - Unable to turn Firmware Protection ON in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I have been trying to turn this setting on for the past few days and it is not working for some reason. I have tried most of the steps that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TheQuestionsGuy, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Windows 11 > Device Security - Unable to turn Firmware Protection ON

Hi everyone,I have been trying to turn this setting on for the past few days and it is not working for some reason. I have tried most of the steps that are listed in some other threads here and other online forums.Here's a step-by-step guide to what is happening:1. I turn the setting ON.2. It gives me a message that I need to Restart my laptop for the settings to work.3. Once I have Restarted my laptop, the Firmware Protection is still OFF.Kindly help me resolve the issue.Thanks,TheQuestionsGuy

:)

TheQuestionsGuy, Oct 6, 2022
  2. vicf1 Win User

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

vicf1, Oct 6, 2022
  3. How to turn on "Firmware Protection" of Windows Security System Guard?

Happy Chinese New Year and thanks for your reply, Shafeeq!

So I shall provide some information to your questions:

1. There are no issues prior, hardware and software wise. In fact, I restore my computer using factory image and straight away turning on the "Virtualisation-based security" feature in Group Policy. It has to be noted that there is no "firmware protection"
      prior to turning on the "virtualised-based security" feature. After enabling that feature, then the "firmware protection" option appeared and it can no longer be turned on as I "need permission from an administrator". I have tuned my local account to have
      highest permission by making myself a member of all possible user category afterward, but still it would't allow me to turn the feature on. I suspect either my hardware is not supporting the feature, although I have 8th Gen Intel processors with vPro and a
      TPM 2.0 chipset, or that certain Group Policy option is not enabled yet, and I didn't know which one.
    2. I am the sole administrator and I did log into the "super"-administrator account and it still wouldn't be allowed to turned on, with the same reason I "need permission from administrator".
    3. Yea, I have Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) installed but there is no documentation of conflict between KIS and System Guard.
    4. Even on a private network it still has the same problem.
    I also tried out the method you mentioned, but still to no avail.. Any other suggestions? I seriously appreciate your help.

Thanks again,

Alex Goh.

ChunGoh0306, Oct 6, 2022
  4. Windows 11 > Device Security - Unable to turn Firmware Protection ON

Unable to turn on Windows Defender real time protection

Hi guys, I'm a bit desperate here right now. *Confused

I have the same problem that this guy over here. I'm running Windows 10 Home x64, version 1607, build 14393.0.

I had to restore the PC to a previous point because I ****ed up some drivers. Then my AV (Bitdefender Free) started having some issues (they gui didn't display correctly) so I decided to uninstall it and just go with Windows Defender.

The problem is I can't get it to work... I get a notification in the Action Center saying to turn on the virus protection, when I click it, Windows Defender goes green(PC status: protected, Real time protection: on) for a second and then goes yellow again (PC status: Windows Defender is OFF, Real time protection: Handled by another AV program) and I get the notification again. If instead of clicking the notification I click "Turn on" on the Windows Defender gui, Windows opens another window, "Apps & Features" in settings, like asking me to uninstall the other, nonexistent AV.

Now, I've tried a lot of things...

• Of course, I have completely uninstalled Bitdefender. I used the official tool provided by them for this. There is nothing in the registry by bitdefender nor any file or folder by that name in my PC.

• I have tried every step listed here.

• I have tried to install another AV (Avast) and the uninstall it to see if this would "reset" somehow windows defender. (Nope.)

• I have run MBAM and nothing pops-up

In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender there is noDisableAntiSpyware key. But in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender there is a DisableAntiSpyware key and its value is 0. (Not sure if this is important but wanted to give you the info.)

Anyone has any idea? Right now I'm thinking of downloading another AV or just go without any and be done with it. *Huh

ThunderRoad, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 > Device Security - Unable to turn Firmware Protection ON

1. Windows 11 > Device Security - Unable to turn Firmware Protection ON - Similar Threads - Device Security Unable

2. Can't turn on 'Firmware Protection' in Core isolation of Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn on 'Firmware Protection' in Core isolation of Windows Security: Hi, I am Sakib using an HP Zbook Firefly 14 G8. I want to report a glitch or problem with Windows Defender which is not allowing me to turn on 'Firmware Protection' in 'Core Isolation'. There is an 'Enable' option next to Firmware protection. But when I click on it, I don't...
  3. Can't turn on 'Firmware Protection' in Core isolation of Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn on 'Firmware Protection' in Core isolation of Windows Security: Hi, I am Sakib using an HP Zbook Firefly 14 G8. I want to report a glitch or problem with Windows Defender which is not allowing me to turn on 'Firmware Protection' in 'Core Isolation'. There is an 'Enable' option next to Firmware protection. But when I click on it, I don't...
  4. Unable to turn on Local Security Authority Protection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn on Local Security Authority Protection.: I got recommended to turn on Local Security Authority Protection so I did and as it said to restart I did so, still I have this error asking me to restart my device to apply the setting. I've tried turning it off and On and then restarting the device yet it doesn't work....
  5. Windows 11 > Device Security - Unable to turn Firmware Protection ON

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 > Device Security - Unable to turn Firmware Protection ON: Hi everyone,I have been trying to turn this setting on for the past few days and it is not working for some reason. I have tried most of the steps that are listed in some other threads here and other online forums.Here's a step-by-step guide to what is happening:1. I turn the...
  6. Unable to turn on firmware protection ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to turn on firmware protection ?: Unable to turn on firmware protectionEdit : One more issue After I turned on Credential Guard and Code Integrity , I am unable to turn off , even from policy viewer , registry editor and Microsoft defender too...
  7. Unable to turn on firmware protection ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn on firmware protection ?: Unable to turn on firmware protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-on-firmware-protection/3ef93c59-2ea6-4fc6-93a6-5c530084cd26
  8. Unable to turn on firmware protection ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to turn on firmware protection ?: Unable to turn on firmware protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-on-firmware-protection/3ef93c59-2ea6-4fc6-93a6-5c530084cd26
  9. Unable to turn on firmware protection ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. How to turn on "Firmware Protection" of Windows Security System Guard?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to turn on "Firmware Protection" of Windows Security System Guard?: Hi all, For background information, I am currently on Windows 10 version 1809 (OS build 17763.292). After turning on the "Memory Integrity" under "Core Isolation" of Windows Security, I also changed my Group Policy to enable Virtualisation-based Security. This then prompted...