Windows 10: Windows 11 Didnt shut down/restart correctly - Failed to shut down/restart - How to...

Discus and support Windows 11 Didnt shut down/restart correctly - Failed to shut down/restart - How to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Most of the time when restarting or shutting down my laptop, i am encountering issues with failure blue screen with sad smile, recovery blue screen.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Monika Kalajtzidu, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Windows 11 Didnt shut down/restart correctly - Failed to shut down/restart - How to...

Most of the time when restarting or shutting down my laptop, i am encountering issues with failure blue screen with sad smile, recovery blue screen.I have alot of issues with Windows 11 since the day i bough new laptop. After not even a year i decided to contact Windows support via call as well as DELL, both are telling me is a problem of the other side. I tried to do USB recovery drive reboot of PC, but problem is still persisting. Please help me to solve this issue once for all. Thank you in advance.

:)

Monika Kalajtzidu, Dec 11, 2023
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Windows 11  Didnt shut down/restart correctly - Failed to shut down/restart - How to... :confused:*Mad Windows 11  Didnt shut down/restart correctly - Failed to shut down/restart - How to... :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Dec 11, 2023
  3. DNdeal Win User
    Windows 11 said "Didn't shut down correctly" Failed to restart

Upgraded to Windows 11 over the weekend. Went to restart computer to install new updates (1/2/2022) but as i click restart, I get a prompt saying since I didn't shut the computer down correctly (I haven't shut the pc down since the update) , It needs to go through a recovery. But it never resolved and restarting the pc just boots back to automatic repair, then a screen with repairing options, none of the options worked except "Remove Latest Feature Updates" which reverted my pc back to Windows 10.

I can login now and use the pc just fine, It's still trying to install Windows 11, which I'm considering blocking.

Any ideas on why this happened? I want to know if it'll be ok to reinstall windows 11.

DNdeal, Dec 11, 2023
  4. Windows 11 Didnt shut down/restart correctly - Failed to shut down/restart - How to...

Windows didnt restart correctly

So i was on my computer and suddenly my graphics card was acting weird, i pressed rollback display driver and then my computer shut off. A few minutes later it turned back on with this screen saying something like windows didnt restart correctly. I tried everything and nothing worked. Please help, thank you.

Mercer Mckiddy, Dec 11, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 Didnt shut down/restart correctly - Failed to shut down/restart - How to...

1. Windows 11 Didnt shut down/restart correctly - Failed to shut down/restart - How to... - Similar Threads - Didnt shut down

2. Windows 11 Didnt shut down/restart correctly - Failed to shut down/restart - How to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Didnt shut down/restart correctly - Failed to shut down/restart - How to...: Most of the time when restarting or shutting down my laptop, i am encountering issues with failure blue screen with sad smile, recovery blue screen.I have alot of issues with Windows 11 since the day i bough new laptop. After not even a year i decided to contact Windows...
  3. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  4. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  5. Windows 11 said "Didn't shut down correctly" Failed to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 said "Didn't shut down correctly" Failed to restart: Upgraded to Windows 11 over the weekend. Went to restart computer to install new updates 1/2/2022 but as i click restart, I get a prompt saying since I didn't shut the computer down correctly I haven't shut the pc down since the update , It needs to go through a recovery. But...
  6. Windows 11 said "Didn't shut down correctly" Failed to restart

Windows 11 said "Didn't shut down correctly" Failed to restart: Upgraded to Windows 11 over the weekend. Went to restart computer to install new updates 1/2/2022 but as i click restart, I get a prompt saying since I didn't shut the computer down correctly I haven't shut the pc down since the update , It needs to go through a recovery. But...
  7. Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly: I upgraded ddr4 ram in my desktop pc and afterwards it strated not shutting down or restarting correctly. When doing either the screen turns off but the lights and fans keep running. It stays like that unless i hold the power button down and force it to turn off. I have...
  8. Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly: I upgraded ddr4 ram in my desktop pc and afterwards it strated not shutting down or restarting correctly. When doing either the screen turns off but the lights and fans keep running. It stays like that unless i hold the power button down and force it to turn off. I have...
  9. Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly

10. Pc will not restart or shut down correctly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc will not restart or shut down correctly: Hello, I have recently upgraded my cpu so needed a new motherboard and ram too.I have Intel i7 10700k and an MSI Z490-a pro motherboard and 16gb DDR4 3200mhz ram.I have updated bios and latest windows update installed.Whenever I try restarting or shutting down my pc it...