Windows 10: Windows 11 difficulty to bring a window to the foreground

Discus and support Windows 11 difficulty to bring a window to the foreground in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After upgrading to Windows 11, I have a difficulty to bring a window to the foreground. For example, I have multiple browser windows open. With Alt-TAB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pieter van Kampen pieter, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Windows 11 difficulty to bring a window to the foreground

After upgrading to Windows 11, I have a difficulty to bring a window to the foreground. For example, I have multiple browser windows open. With Alt-TAB I can select one of the others, and then it comes to the foreground.If I hoover over the icon in the taskbar, a small picture of each of the open windows appears. When I then click on one of those small pictures, the window should come to the top. Often it does, and often it does not. I can't find the pattern.When the application is not open, clicking on its icon attached to the taskbar, open's the app and brings it to the foreground. However

:)

Pieter van Kampen pieter, Jan 16, 2022

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 16, 2022
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 16, 2022
  4. yoyoma2 Win User

Windows 11 difficulty to bring a window to the foreground

On-Screen Keyboard bug changes foreground window

This On-Screen Keyboard bug changes the current foreground window.

Steps:

1. Open Edge and notepad and maximize them (never minimize them)
    2. Select notepad by clicking on it in taskbar (it's now on top)
    3. Open the On-Screen Keyboard (in Windows Ease of access)
    4. Type a few characters into notepad with the On-Screen Keyboard
    5. Minimize the On-Screen Keyboard
    6. Select Edge by clicking on it in taskbar (it's now on top)
    7. Restore the On-Screen Keyboard by clicking on it in taskbar and use it to type into Edge
    Result:

Notepad is now on top

Expected result:

Edge remains on top i.e. the On-Screen Keyboard maintains the current foreground window in which you intended to type.

History:

This superuser Q&A contains links to this bug being reported in windows 8, windows 7 and claims it goes back 17 years to Windows XP.

Workarounds:

Kill the On-Screen Keyboard every time instead of minimizing it. The bug occurs because the On-Screen Keyboard fails to keep track of the current foreground window while minimized.

Patch out the SetForegroundWindow call from the On-Screen Keyboard binary as described in the superuser link above.

Wait 17 more years for Microsoft to fix it.

Tell user to stop being disabled.

yoyoma2, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 difficulty to bring a window to the foreground

1. Windows 11 difficulty to bring a window to the foreground - Similar Threads - difficulty bring window

2. Booting difficulty windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting difficulty windows 11: Sometimes when I start or restart my computer the icon in the notification area for safely removing an external drive is missing. I can usually get it back by restarting the computer but I don't know what else is wrong. I have had this happen before and fixed it for a while...
  3. Booting difficulty windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting difficulty windows 11: Sometimes when I start or restart my computer the icon in the notification area for safely removing an external drive is missing. I can usually get it back by restarting the computer but I don't know what else is wrong. I have had this happen before and fixed it for a while...
  4. Red Taskbar Symbol, can't bring window to foreground

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red Taskbar Symbol, can't bring window to foreground: Hey there,since I've updated to Windows 11 in November 2021 there are consistent issues with my taskbar.Even after a big number of serious updates on Windows 11, these problems still exist, and I can't find any solutions online.My system and all drivers are being...
  5. Red Taskbar Symbol, can't bring window to foreground

Red Taskbar Symbol, can't bring window to foreground: Hey there,since I've updated to Windows 11 in November 2021 there are consistent issues with my taskbar.Even after a big number of serious updates on Windows 11, these problems still exist, and I can't find any solutions online.My system and all drivers are being...
  6. Windows 11 upgrade difficulty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade difficulty: For the past two days, I was prompted with an option inside the "Windows Update" tab to update to Windows 11. However, when I wanted to proceed with the download and installation of windows 11, the option/prompt was nowhere to be found. Should I wait for the option to appear...
  7. Windows 11 upgrade difficulty

Windows 11 upgrade difficulty: For the past two days, I was prompted with an option inside the "Windows Update" tab to update to Windows 11. However, when I wanted to proceed with the download and installation of windows 11, the option/prompt was nowhere to be found. Should I wait for the option to appear...
  8. Difficulty upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty upgrading to windows 11: I decided to upgrade to windows 11 so I downloaded it and it's been like this for hourssss...any suggestions???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difficulty-upgrading-to-windows-11/08e46463-1812-4cc4-85b7-5baff5c9a5f4
  9. Difficulty upgrading to windows 11

Difficulty upgrading to windows 11: I decided to upgrade to windows 11 so I downloaded it and it's been like this for hourssss...any suggestions???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difficulty-upgrading-to-windows-11/08e46463-1812-4cc4-85b7-5baff5c9a5f4
  10. Windows 11 difficulty to bring a window to the foreground

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 difficulty to bring a window to the foreground: After upgrading to Windows 11, I have a difficulty to bring a window to the foreground. For example, I have multiple browser windows open. With Alt-TAB I can select one of the others, and then it comes to the foreground.If I hoover over the icon in the taskbar, a small...