Windows 10: Windows 11 digital license

Discus and support Windows 11 digital license in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 before the free upgrade ends and then revert back to Windows 10 within the 10 day go back period can I still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tallman68, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Tallman68 Win User

Windows 11 digital license

If I upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 before the free upgrade ends and then revert back to Windows 10 within the 10 day go back period can I still upgrade to Windows 11 again for free even if the free upgrade period has ended? Essentially what I am asking is: Is the digital license I receive for Windows 11 when doing the free upgrade good for the life of the computer whether or not I keep Windows 11 on the computer?

:)

Tallman68, Sep 23, 2022
  2. Fanissitz Win User

Windows 11 to 10 downgrade, digital license

Hello!

I've tried looking an answer through the forums and microsoft pages but my question still stands.

Two years ago I bought a prebuilt PC with windows 10 installed. Then I got an automatic upgrade to windows 11 which I need to downgrade back to 10 due to compatibility issues with VR software (more than 2 months have passed). My current windows 11 version is "activated with a digital license" but I haven't connected it with my microsoft account yet.

What steps should I follow to secure a windows activation after a clean windows 10 installation?

1. I know that I need to create an installation media for windows. Do I choose "upgrade computer now" or "create an installation media to use on another computer"?
    2. Do I connect my windows 11 current digital license to my microsoft account now or wait until after I install windows 10 again?
    Thanks in advance!

Fanissitz, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Windows 11 digital license

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Windows 11 digital license [​IMG]

MCardona81, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 digital license

1. Windows 11 digital license - Similar Threads - digital license

2. How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?: I bought Windows 10 Pro a few years ago and installed in on my personal desktop computer. Well that computer has since died and I have a new one, but it has Windows 10 Home Edition.How do I transfer the license that I purchased to this new computer?...
  3. How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?: I bought Windows 10 Pro a few years ago and installed in on my personal desktop computer. Well that computer has since died and I have a new one, but it has Windows 10 Home Edition.How do I transfer the license that I purchased to this new computer?...
  4. How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I seem to have BOTH a Product-Key as well as a Digital-License...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I seem to have BOTH a Product-Key as well as a Digital-License...: I think a person is supposed to have either one or the other. But this screenshot here informs me thatWindows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft accountBut when I use this command in Command Promptwmic path softwareLicensingService get...
  6. I seem to have BOTH a Product-Key as well as a Digital-License...

I seem to have BOTH a Product-Key as well as a Digital-License...: I think a person is supposed to have either one or the other. But this screenshot here informs me thatWindows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft accountBut when I use this command in Command Promptwmic path softwareLicensingService get...
  7. How do I reactive my Windows 11 Pro digital license after changing to a new motherboard and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reactive my Windows 11 Pro digital license after changing to a new motherboard and...: Hi thereI just upgraded to a shiny new motherboard and took the opportunity to also move to a larger and faster NVMe hard drive at the same time.I finally got it up and running last night; but I forgot to deactivate my Windows 11 Pro license key on the old setup...
  8. How do I reactive my Windows 11 Pro digital license after changing to a new motherboard and...

How do I reactive my Windows 11 Pro digital license after changing to a new motherboard and...: Hi thereI just upgraded to a shiny new motherboard and took the opportunity to also move to a larger and faster NVMe hard drive at the same time.I finally got it up and running last night; but I forgot to deactivate my Windows 11 Pro license key on the old setup...
  9. Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?: Hi Folks,Apologies if this has been posted before I definitely think it will have.... I can't figure out how to navigate these forums at all. Little background, many years ago I purchased a physical copy of Windows 7. I was then eligible for the upgrade to Windows 10. PC has...
  10. Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?

Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?: Hi Folks,Apologies if this has been posted before I definitely think it will have.... I can't figure out how to navigate these forums at all. Little background, many years ago I purchased a physical copy of Windows 7. I was then eligible for the upgrade to Windows 10. PC has...