Windows 10: Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?

Discus and support Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed Windows 11 pro with TPM and Secure Boot enabled, I want to install Arch Linux and make Dual Boot but I need to disable secure boot,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Marko896, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Marko896 Win User

Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?

I have installed Windows 11 pro with TPM and Secure Boot enabled, I want to install Arch Linux and make Dual Boot but I need to disable secure boot, anyone has any experience disabling secure boot on their Win 11 system after the OS is installed and running ?What about update if secure boot is disabled ?

:)

Marko896, Apr 21, 2024
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Apr 21, 2024
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Apr 21, 2024
  4. Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?

How to set Windows 11 to require Secure Boot before booting

Thanks for your help. It's somewhat "ironic" that Secure Boot is required to install Windows 11 but can be disabled thereafter.

Chris Meacham, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?

1. Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation? - Similar Threads - disabling secure boot

2. Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?: I have installed Windows 11 pro with TPM and Secure Boot enabled, I want to install Arch Linux and make Dual Boot but I need to disable secure boot, anyone has any experience disabling secure boot on their Win 11 system after the OS is installed and running ?What about update...
  3. How to enable secure boot after instaling windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable secure boot after instaling windows 11: Hello! I have installed windows 11 on my pc without enabling secure boot!I don't know how that happened at some point a had a full reset of my pc and it might had changed something or i dont know.Now there are some games that require secure boot to run for example...
  4. How to enable secure boot after instaling windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable secure boot after instaling windows 11: Hello! I have installed windows 11 on my pc without enabling secure boot!I don't know how that happened at some point a had a full reset of my pc and it might had changed something or i dont know.Now there are some games that require secure boot to run for example...
  5. Windows 11 boot stuck after disable CSM and enable Security boot already in gpt

Windows 11 boot stuck after disable CSM and enable Security boot already in gpt: I already have my boot options as UEFI and partition type as GPT but , when i disable CSM and enable security boot, the windows 11 is not booting and my computer still stuck....
  6. Can't enable Secure Boot after Windows 11 installation

Can't enable Secure Boot after Windows 11 installation: I updated to Windows 11 about 2 months ago, everything was fine until i wanted to play a game that required secure boot to be enabled, so i went to the BIOS, went to the Boot tab and enabled Secure Boot, however after i have done that it still shows up as ''Disabled'' when i...
  7. Can't enable Secure Boot after Windows 11 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable Secure Boot after Windows 11 installation: I updated to Windows 11 about 2 months ago, everything was fine until i wanted to play a game that required secure boot to be enabled, so i went to the BIOS, went to the Boot tab and enabled Secure Boot, however after i have done that it still shows up as ''Disabled'' when i...
  8. Disable Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Secure Boot: I want to disable secure boot. I've gone into the bios and disabled secure boot and save and exit, then I get a screen that tells me to enter this code for verification. It was a seven number code but none of the number pads work . I use the number pad and get nothing or use...
  9. disable secure boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disable secure boot: need information on how to disable the secure boot feature so I can use the my computer in other platforms https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-secure-boot/a333c194-8336-497b-b4f4-4832cb49b93f
  10. disabling secure boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    disabling secure boot: Hello These are the instructions I received from the engineers at Asus regarding disabling secure boot. I can do so by clearing keys but that is not advised. I want to use various Linux distros which require that secure boot be disabled. My new board is Asus Tuf z390 Gaming...