Windows 10: Windows 11 Disk Cleanup will not Remove Windows Update Cleanup

Discus and support Windows 11 Disk Cleanup will not Remove Windows Update Cleanup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently ran disk cleanup on Windows 11 Pro to clear about 2 gig of Windows Update files. This has always worked in the past, but, now, it acts like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mschmieg, May 16, 2022.

1. mschmieg Win User

Windows 11 Disk Cleanup will not Remove Windows Update Cleanup

I recently ran disk cleanup on Windows 11 Pro to clear about 2 gig of Windows Update files. This has always worked in the past, but, now, it acts like it's working except that the process moves much too quickly compared to how it used to work. If I run it again, it says that the same amount of space is still present and available to be deleted.I have tried all of the posted here, in Microsoft docs, and elsewhere on the net to try to resolve this issue, but nothing has worked. Those include renaming the Software distribution folder, rebooting and removing the old one, checking services to mak

:)

mschmieg, May 16, 2022

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 16, 2022
  3. tigger Win User
    disk cleanup running randomly

I am running windows 8.1, the disk cleanup window for c keeps popping up, if i move the mouse towards it, it disappear. Is there something nasty on my machine causing this?

I have scanned with malwarebytes and cc cleaner but they find nothing.

Any ideas?

tigger

tigger, May 16, 2022
  4. cereberus Win User

Disk Cleanup - Windows Update Cleanup fail

Try removing them from storage sense.

cereberus, May 16, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Disk Cleanup will not Remove Windows Update Cleanup - Similar Threads - Disk Cleanup Remove

2. Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup: Hello all!I''ve a question, in pratically i do all the possible for trying to delete the "Windows Update cleanup" from my disk, but anything resolve the issue and still display that there are 1GB of cache of WUC, some fix to this mess? The last thing that i could do is do the...
  3. Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup: Hello all!I''ve a question, in pratically i do all the possible for trying to delete the "Windows Update cleanup" from my disk, but anything resolve the issue and still display that there are 1GB of cache of WUC, some fix to this mess? The last thing that i could do is do the...
  4. Disk Cleanup Stuck on Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup Stuck on Windows Update Cleanup: Windows CommunityUnable to clear 2.57 GB notice using Disk Cleanup, see figureI have attempted the following "fixes"ran "Windows Update" troubelshooterdeleted the "SoftwareDistribution" filecleared %temp% filesran an SFC scansran DISM scansran disk cleanup in clean...
  5. Disk Cleanup Stuck on Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Cleanup Stuck on Windows Update Cleanup: Windows CommunityUnable to clear 2.57 GB notice using Disk Cleanup, see figureI have attempted the following "fixes"Runs "Windows Update" troubelshooterDeleted the "SoftwareDistribution" filecleared %temp% filesrun an SFC scanrun a DISM scansrun disk cleanup in clean...
  6. Windows 11 Disk Cleanup will not Remove Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Disk Cleanup will not Remove Windows Update Cleanup: I recently ran disk cleanup on Windows 11 Pro to clear about 2 gig of Windows Update files. This has always worked in the past, but, now, it acts like it's working except that the process moves much too quickly compared to how it used to work. If I run it again, it says that...
  7. Disk cleanup does not remove Windows Update Cleanup

Disk cleanup does not remove Windows Update Cleanup: Trying to remove Windows Update Cleanup files either using Settings windows or Disk Cleanup, it displays 4 GB of occupied space by Windows Update Cleanup but I cannot remove it either way. I tried:Running Disk Cleanup as administrator,Running Disk Cleanup in SafeMode,Manual...
  8. Disk Cleanup: Windows Update Cleanup Files

Disk Cleanup: Windows Update Cleanup Files: Usually, whenever I clear system files in the disk cleanup utility, all of the Windows Update Cleanup stuff goes away. However, recently is has been persistently coming back, which is very annoying, The size of the files is consistently around 54 MB. See screenshot below....
  9. Disk Cleanup not clearing Windows Update Cleanup

Disk Cleanup not clearing Windows Update Cleanup: I have been trying to clear my windows update cleanup for a bit now. I followed this answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-cleanup-dont-cleans-windows-update-cleanup/1ef71d60-64d5-4de0-ac98-fcb6834bcffa on this post. But it did not work for me. I...
  10. Disk Cleanup is stuck on Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 News
    Disk Cleanup is stuck on Windows Update Cleanup: [ATTACH] The Disk Cleanup Utility is a handy built-in tool which can help to restore hard disk space. It can remove temporary files, old Windows files, Thumbnails, Delivery optimization files, Windows upgrade logs, and so on. Now if run the Disk Cleanup [...] This post Disk...