Windows 10: Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never

Discus and support Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have tried changing the power settings and restarting them to default. I have tried restarting the pc while changing the power settings as suggested,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Darky17, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Darky17 Win User

Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never

I have tried changing the power settings and restarting them to default. I have tried restarting the pc while changing the power settings as suggested, but still haven't reached or found a solution. Please help...

:)

Darky17, Nov 4, 2021

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 4, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    Display goes to sleep

If all power option settings are set to Never, but your display still goes to sleep or turns off after a period of inactivity, it could be that the screensaver settings are turned on or configured to turn off the display. May we know if you have checked
    the screensaver settings of your computer? If not, here's how to check the screensaver settings in Windows 10:

• Press the Start button, then type screensaver, then select it from the search results.
    • See if the screensaver is enabled.

If the issue is not resolved, do not hesitate to post back to us.

David Haz, Nov 4, 2021
  4. Jim8080 Win User

Computer Sleep Option Missing in Settings

The Settings Power and Sleep menu in Settings should list Screen and Sleep, where Sleep is used to tell when the PC goes to sleep. Sleep is missing, so my computer never sleeps. Fast startup and Hibernate are not enabled.

I used Tutorial Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 to change the registry while in administrative mode, but sleep still is not seen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings now lists :1: It was 0 before the change.

Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never [​IMG]

I cannot get a large image, so will type
    Default REG_SZ (value not set)
    ShowHibernate REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (0)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)

I used Option 3 to add sleep using the Group Policy Editor. The steps seemed to work fine, but sleep is still missing.

I’m using a “new” refurbished Dell T3500 workstation with mbr running the current version of win10. I have a number of these computers, and the other all have the normal sleep mode .

Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Nov 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never - Similar Threads - Display goes sleep

2. Laptop goes to sleep as soon as display turns off despite being set to never

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop goes to sleep as soon as display turns off despite being set to never: Hello, I have an Asus ProArt Studiobook 16.Fresh install of windows 11, all drivers up to date. I like my computers to stay on constantly when they are plugged in so that they can run programs in the background or be accessible via remote desktop at any time. No matter what...
  3. Laptop goes to sleep as soon as display turns off despite being set to never

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes to sleep as soon as display turns off despite being set to never: Hello, I have an Asus ProArt Studiobook 16.Fresh install of windows 11, all drivers up to date. I like my computers to stay on constantly when they are plugged in so that they can run programs in the background or be accessible via remote desktop at any time. No matter what...
  4. Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings: I'm having trouble with my computer going to sleep too quickly. I currently have all the sleep settings set so the screen won't turn off or go to sleep for 2+ hours. Despite this, my computer screen goes to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity and seemingly disregards my...
  5. Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings

Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings: I'm having trouble with my computer going to sleep too quickly. I currently have all the sleep settings set so the screen won't turn off or go to sleep for 2+ hours. Despite this, my computer screen goes to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity and seemingly disregards my...
  6. Laptop running Win 11 goes to sleep at about 1 am when on power when sleep timeout set to never

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop running Win 11 goes to sleep at about 1 am when on power when sleep timeout set to never: I have an ASUS SonicMaster laptop a few years old running Win 11 with the Power Plan sleep timeout set to Never when on mains power. However, the laptop sleeps when on power at about 1 am some hours after last laptop use but not at other times when I'm using it. The Display...
  7. Laptop running Win 11 goes to sleep at about 1 am when on power when sleep timeout set to never

Laptop running Win 11 goes to sleep at about 1 am when on power when sleep timeout set to never: I have an ASUS SonicMaster laptop a few years old running Win 11 with the Power Plan sleep timeout set to Never when on mains power. However, the laptop sleeps when on power at about 1 am some hours after last laptop use but not at other times when I'm using it. The Display...
  8. Display settings not saved when laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings not saved when laptop goes to sleep: I have a new Dell Inspiron laptop connected to two old Dell monitors that I've configured for extended display. I can get everything set up exactly the way I want it, but when I "wake up" the laptop after it has gone to sleep, the display settings are often not retained....
  9. Display settings not saved when laptop goes to sleep

Display settings not saved when laptop goes to sleep: I have a new Dell Inspiron laptop connected to two old Dell monitors that I've configured for extended display. I can get everything set up exactly the way I want it, but when I "wake up" the laptop after it has gone to sleep, the display settings are often not retained....
  10. Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never

Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never: I have tried changing the power settings and restarting them to default. I have tried restarting the pc while changing the power settings as suggested, but still haven't reached or found a solution. Please help......