Windows 10: Windows 11 distorting the .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing

Discus and support Windows 11 distorting the .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. Windows 11 keeps distorting all of my .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing. I have tried the powershell: Press Windows + X keys together and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tasha978, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Tasha978 Win User

Windows 11 distorting the .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing

Hi. Windows 11 keeps distorting all of my .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing. I have tried the powershell: Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell Admin.Now type in the command and hit Enter: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}I have tried repair and resetI've rebooted endless timesI have turned off the auto dimming, night light, adaptive brightness, automanage color for apps, everythingI have gone to Settings > System > Display >

:)

Tasha978, Feb 27, 2024

2. Windows Photo Viewer is distorting my raw (CR2) photo files

Hello,

I've seen lots of posts about Windows not being able to view raw or CR2 files, however that is not the problem I'm having. My problem is when I open the raw files, the standard Windows 10 photo viewer is distorting the image. When I first open it, it will
    look normal for about 2 seconds, and then once it fully loads, the photo gets distorted. The distortion is always something with the colors, in which the hues change slightly and the photo resolution becomes more grainy, and in certain cases, the photo will
    also become stretched. I can't seem to find any other comments on people having this same issue as everyone else's seems to be that they can't view the files in the first place.

Please help.

Thanks.

Venture_Dave, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Still can't view CR2. files from Canon 5D mark IV

Hi,

We understand your concern regarding the possible update that will enable you to view raw CR2 files using Windows Photo Viewer app. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you tried sending a feedback using the Feedback Hub app?
    • Have you tried to set other photo editing app to open the CR2 file by default instead of the Windows Photo Viewer app?
    We're looking forward to your response

Romel Ram, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Windows 11 distorting the .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing

Cant view Canon .CR2 RAW photos in Windows 7 Photos Viewer.

I NEED YOUR HELP!

I recently starting turning photography into a profession and work with .CR2 RAW photo files which are best for photo editing. Unfortunately I am
    having trouble viewing thumbnails of them and viewing them
    in windows 7. Once I convert them to .JPG images I can view them but not in thier RAW form. I take 1000’s of photos, so the thumbnails are really nice to have.
    I have spent hours reading Microsoft forums
    and trying to download Microsoft and canon
    codecs but still cannot find out how to view
    the .CR2 files as thumbnails. Windows live photo gallery for Windows 7 is my default. When trying to view .CR2 files I get the error code; this file does not have a program associated
    with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default programs control panel.
    Photo Gallery error also states; Photo Gallery cant open this photo or video. This file format is not supported, or you dont have the latest updates to photo gallery.
    If I try to open in Windows photo viewer I get the error; Windows Photo Viewer cant open this picture because either photo viewer doesn't support this file format or you don't have the latest updates to photo viewer. I
    chatted with Microsoft online tech support and they said that there's a possibility that the windows 7 live photo gallery
    may not be supported anymore because it has not been updated for quite some time. They stated that there is now the Photos App in Windows 10. They are recommending I switch to Windows 10
    because the app is included in Windows Essentials. Is there an
    update of the Live photo gallery that will allow me to be able to view
    files using the .CR2 format? Do I really need to upgrade to Windows 10 just to view these files. Any
    assistance would be great.

In a nutshell, Microsoft concluded that the
    main cause of my issue is an
    unsupported file format and stated that the resolution
    is to upgrade to windows 10.

RM1982_870, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 distorting the .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing

1. Windows 11 distorting the .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing - Similar Threads - distorting CR2 photos

2. CR2 RAW Images Distortion in Windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CR2 RAW Images Distortion in Windows photo viewer: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-viewer-is-distorting-my-raw-cr2/3b43ad0c-da4c-4919-a2c5-f68732123298?page=2The distortion sometimes feels like improves the look of the picture like in this above case, but the rest of the timesalmost all the...
  3. CR2 RAW Images Distortion in Windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CR2 RAW Images Distortion in Windows photo viewer: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-viewer-is-distorting-my-raw-cr2/3b43ad0c-da4c-4919-a2c5-f68732123298?page=2The distortion sometimes feels like improves the look of the picture like in this above case, but the rest of the timesalmost all the...
  4. Windows 11 distorting the .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing

Windows 11 distorting the .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing: Hi. Windows 11 keeps distorting all of my .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing. I have tried the powershell: Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell Admin.Now type in the command and hit Enter: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  5. windows photos app - auto rotation cr2 raw photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows photos app - auto rotation cr2 raw photos: Why hasn't MS fixed this issue? If I shoot a photo vertically top to bottom, and view it in MS Photos, Win 11, it will AUTO ROTATE sideways. This has nothing to do with screen display or monitor angles. I've updated everything.I've installed RAW Image Ext and nothing works....
  6. windows photos app - auto rotation cr2 raw photos

windows photos app - auto rotation cr2 raw photos: Why hasn't MS fixed this issue? If I shoot a photo vertically top to bottom, and view it in MS Photos, Win 11, it will AUTO ROTATE sideways. This has nothing to do with screen display or monitor angles. I've updated everything.I've installed RAW Image Ext and nothing works....
  7. Codec for view Canon 5D mark IV CR2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Codec for view Canon 5D mark IV CR2: I need to see my Canon 5D Mark IV CR2 Raw files in my folders as thumbnail ! Plz HELP ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/codec-for-view-canon-5d-mark-iv-cr2/e74a8cb5-125b-4dc9-b126-2baeb2bfe924
  8. Photos App Distorting Video After Trimming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos App Distorting Video After Trimming: Hello, I use my computer primarily for videos that I submit to my employer. Multiple times now, I have tried recording with a webcam through the Camera app which worked fine, but after trimming through Photos, the video becomes distorted and sped up. I have spoken with two...
  9. Windows Photo Viewer is distorting my raw CR2 photo files

Windows Photo Viewer is distorting my raw CR2 photo files: Hello, I've seen lots of posts about Windows not being able to view raw or CR2 files, however that is not the problem I'm having. My problem is when I open the raw files, the standard Windows 10 photo viewer is distorting the image. When I first open it, it will look normal...
  10. view cr2 files in Windows or forced to switch systems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    view cr2 files in Windows or forced to switch systems: What are options for viewing NEF or CR2 files natively in Windows or will I be forced to leave Windows for Apple/Mac Surface/Dell OptiPlex owner?...