Windows 10: Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow

Discus and support Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In the last week or so DNS resolution has been painfully slow on my PC. It doesn't matter what DNS server I use, weather it's through DHCP or manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KB_XP, Apr 19, 2024.

1. KB_XP Win User

Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow

In the last week or so DNS resolution has been painfully slow on my PC. It doesn't matter what DNS server I use, weather it's through DHCP or manually set, what browser I use, what network I am on, ethernet or wifi.Any site I visit, regardless of if it's one I've visited before, hangs for about 5-10 seconds before loading. The issue is slightly inconsistent though. It happens about 80% of the time. 20% the sites load instantly. I can ping website domains just fine and I have left it pinging while I am trying to browse and they always return with 0% loss and normal latency.nslookup times out an

:)

KB_XP, Apr 19, 2024
  2. newtekie1 Win User

faster dns?

That is a great tool, but make sure you do the ~30 test to make a custom DNS server list first, then use it to find the fastest out of those.

newtekie1, Apr 19, 2024
  3. OpenVPN connected. No DNS resolution

ISSUE

OpenVPN is getting connected. But sites are not resolved

DESCRIPTION

Our organization have an OpenVPN Neth server with limted server and site access. Some Windows 10 Pro machines are able to access the servers and sites after connecting to the VPN server, some are getting connected but have DNS resolution issues. We are not
    able to access anything from those machines. There are no issues with other OS too.

ERROR

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

WHAT I HAVE TRIED

• Tried access with different web browsers.
    • Cleared browser cookies and data
    • Changed DNS in network adaptor settings
    • Flushed DNS
    Are there any fixes for this issue?

Ananthram.E.S, Apr 19, 2024
  4. Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow

Bruce Hagen, Apr 19, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow

1. Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow - Similar Threads - DNS Resolution Unusually

2. Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow: In the last week or so DNS resolution has been painfully slow on my PC. It doesn't matter what DNS server I use, weather it's through DHCP or manually set, what browser I use, what network I am on, ethernet or wifi.Any site I visit, regardless of if it's one I've visited...
  3. DNS Name resolution not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS Name resolution not working: HelloHere is the scenario:I have moved three VMs from a VmWare environment to the Oracle Cloud. Two of the VMs were Windows 2019 Standard Active Directory Domain Controllers, the third VM is a Windows 2019 Standard server. As a result of the move, the IPs on all three...
  4. DNS external resolution design

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS external resolution design: I am designing a new AD infrastructure for a global company. How would you do the external DNS resolution design? I dont want the DCs forwarding to the external egress servers. What options do I have: DNS caching windows machine in the DMZ for each regions, or would a...
  5. DNS resolve extremely slow on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS resolve extremely slow on Windows 11: I've encountered the problem since recently updating to Windows 11 from Windows 10 21H2.My browsers Chrome, Edge would take 10 sec or longer time before even loading a new webpage especially from a new domain.I then tried `ipconfig /flushdns` to see if it is a DNS problem,...
  6. DNS resolve extremely slow on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS resolve extremely slow on Windows 11: I've encountered the problem since recently updating to Windows 11 from Windows 10 21H2.My browsers Chrome, Edge would take 10 sec or longer time before even loading a new webpage especially from a new domain.I then tried `ipconfig /flushdns` to see if it is a DNS problem,...
  7. Weird DNS resolution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird DNS resolution: Hello, I have a domain name, let's say, mydomain.com, properly configured with its public DNS. I pointing to local device @home. So i have entries like www.mydomain.com, xxx.mydomain.com etc... Eerything is working fine. To avoid going out of my local network to come...
  8. OpenVPN connected. No DNS resolution

OpenVPN connected. No DNS resolution: ISSUE OpenVPN is getting connected. But sites are not resolved DESCRIPTION Our organization have an OpenVPN Neth server with limted server and site access. Some Windows 10 Pro machines are able to access the servers and sites after connecting to the VPN server, some are...
  9. Unusually slow computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unusually slow computer.: Hello, I'm here to ask for assistance once again. Lately, whenever I try and access anything through the internet, play a game online, or even try to just load up a photo...my system usage spikes. I don't know why this happens, and quite frankly, it interferes with many...
  10. internet unusually slow

internet unusually slow: Internet is much slower than usual on my pc, it has been going on for roughly 2 months. My iphone 7 is capable of getting 60+ mpbs whilst my pc which used to get the same started getting below 18 mbps even up to 0.23 mbps. It has baffled me and after searching everywherere...