Windows 10: Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" is missing from Properties

Discus and support Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" is missing from Properties in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, I have been trying to move my Documents folder from C: to another drive M: but when I open the properties, the "location tab" is missing. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TV_101, May 15, 2024.

1. TV_101 Win User

Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" is missing from Properties

Hi there, I have been trying to move my Documents folder from C: to another drive M: but when I open the properties, the "location tab" is missing. I have tried right clicking on Quick Access, through the Documents path C:\Users\vmbma\OneDrive\Documents and finally tried running shellWindows 11 Documents folder "location tab" is missing from Properties :personal and right clicking on an empty space but had no success. I have tried all the options above with OneDrive auto sync on and paused, but nothing changed. Here is a screenshot of the registry key: And another one of the output from running DIR %userprofile% /AL on the Command Prompt:Thank you for any help

:)

TV_101, May 15, 2024
  2. DCGSyd Win User

Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

How do I restore Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from properties notwithstanding that fact that \{4a7ded0a-ad25-11d0-98a8-0800361b1103{ was added to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\.

I am rebuilding the PC after a Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 problem (held the C: Drive with Windows 11 OS) . The Documents folder with a significant number of folders and files (about 1.3GB) are currently located in D:\Users\xxxxx\Dropbox\xxxxx (was thew case prior to the rebuild) BUT I also see that there is another Documents folder in the Libraries folder with a location of C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents. I am running Office 365 but uninstalled OneDrive whilst I was trying to sort out the Documents folder location problem.

Windows 11 is located in C:\Windows.

Thanks for any guidance that can be offered.

DCGSyd, May 15, 2024
  3. MW5811 Win User
    Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

As requested by Ramesh Srinivasan I am opening a new thread but as I posted in this thread Redirecting I have the same problem.

Just bought a new HP Pavillion PC and I have the same problem, no Location tab on the Documents folder Properties.

I ran both cmds suggested in the orig thread. Properties in the shellWindows 11 Documents folder "location tab" is missing from Properties :personal only has a General tab.

See screen print for the output of DIR %userprofile% /AL

NOTE: The Locations tab is only missing from the Documents folder.

I was able to move Downloads, Music & Videos from the C to D drive cause they all had a Location tab.

I haven't tried the registry entry that other posts suggest since that seems to be a global setting to apply to all folders, since they state "...all personal folders like Documents, Music, Videos, etc....".

Also I don't think it is related to Dropbox, since the Location tab was missing before I logged into Dropbox, and there is a separate Dropbox folder, but maybe that is not a accurate assumption.

Please advise, thanks.

Here is your requested registry settings:

Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" is missing from Properties WrCAgiEByFx2gw2LchqxybZtrNP6bz32ytIAYjhWeodLj%2bJVgr3e1kg0T1pM3Athknz1qgTWm2U6DN47gSnFqgGZ7eQ%3d.png

MW5811, May 15, 2024
  4. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" is missing from Properties

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 15, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" is missing from Properties

1. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" is missing from Properties - Similar Threads - Documents folder location

2. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" is missing from Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" is missing from Properties: Hi there, I have been trying to move my Documents folder from C: to another drive M: but when I open the properties, the "location tab" is missing. I have tried right clicking on Quick Access, through the Documents path C:\Users\vmbma\OneDrive\Documents and finally tried...
  3. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties: As requested by Ramesh Srinivasan I am opening a new thread but as I posted in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-documents-folder-location-tab-that-is/89a13aaa-0d79-4353-a669-871ac8024949 I have the same problem.Just bought a new HP...
  4. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties: As requested by Ramesh Srinivasan I am opening a new thread but as I posted in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-documents-folder-location-tab-that-is/89a13aaa-0d79-4353-a669-871ac8024949 I have the same problem.Just bought a new HP...
  5. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties: How do I restore Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from properties notwithstanding that fact that \{4a7ded0a-ad25-11d0-98a8-0800361b1103{ was added to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\. Documents with a significant...
  6. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties: How do I restore Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from properties notwithstanding that fact that \{4a7ded0a-ad25-11d0-98a8-0800361b1103{ was added to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\. Documents with a significant...
  7. Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window: Hello,I have a problem:We used to use Roaming profiles and are now migrating to Onedrive, but when I turned off file sync and removed roaming profile from users in AD I noticed that I can change the location to default for music, videos and pictures, but not for documents...
  8. Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window: Hello,I have a problem:We used to use Roaming profiles and are now migrating to Onedrive, but when I turned off file sync and removed roaming profile from users in AD I noticed that I can change the location to default for music, videos and pictures, but not for documents...
  9. Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window

10. Missing Location Tab from all Personal folders properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Location Tab from all Personal folders properties: other tabs (Sharing - Security - Customize) were missing also but I can restore them by adding some registry keys but now I still don't have location tab I have tried this solution and it doesn't work Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10...