Windows 10: Windows 11 does not read Linux tree

Discus and support Windows 11 does not read Linux tree in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After installing WSL 2 and installing a few Linux VMs, Windows Explorer starts displaying a Linux tree, but whenever I try to access it, I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by C_Casalicchio, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Windows 11 does not read Linux tree

After installing WSL 2 and installing a few Linux VMs, Windows Explorer starts displaying a Linux tree, but whenever I try to access it, I get the following error:"\\wsl.localhost is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service"Though my PC is recent with updated specs:Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX B460-G GAMINGBios: ver.1101Processor: Intel i9 10th generation @3.7GhzLiquid-cooled by Cool MasterRA

:)

C_Casalicchio, Oct 23, 2021
  2. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Oct 23, 2021
  3. Switch to Linux ??

Find a suitable Linux forum and request comments from people who converted from Linux to Windows, in particular on

• Stability
    • Ease of use
    • Availability of external help in case of trouble
    • Availability of applications, games
    • Data exchange with the Windows world

Frederik Long, Oct 23, 2021
  4. cdavis7m Win User

Windows 11 does not read Linux tree

N96 USB Mass Memory Read-Only on Linux

I used to be able to read and write to the Mass Memory on my N96 from Linux when I was on version 11. Now that I did the system update from version 11 to 12 I have read only Mass Memory from Linux. Is there a way to overcome this? Thanks for the help.

cdavis7m, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 does not read Linux tree

1. Windows 11 does not read Linux tree - Similar Threads - does read Linux

2. Display Folder Tree in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Folder Tree in Windows 11: Hi,I have a drive that has numerous folders and subfolders and I would like to display the entire folder structure with a single click rather than having to click hundreds of folders individually to show their subfolders. I've searched the internet and youtube and have not...
  3. Display Folder Tree in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Folder Tree in Windows 11: Hi,I have a drive that has numerous folders and subfolders and I would like to display the entire folder structure with a single click rather than having to click hundreds of folders individually to show their subfolders. I've searched the internet and youtube and have not...
  4. Windows 11 does not read Linux tree

Windows 11 does not read Linux tree: After installing WSL 2 and installing a few Linux VMs, Windows Explorer starts displaying a Linux tree, but whenever I try to access it, I get the following error:"\\wsl.localhost is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the...
  5. Windows 11 reads paths as linux/unix after install of wsl 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 reads paths as linux/unix after install of wsl 2: After installing wsl 2 all the paths in any console show up as linux paths, and it's not finding stuff and causing issues with Visual StudioIs there a way to fix this?...
  6. Windows 11 reads paths as linux/unix after install of wsl 2

Windows 11 reads paths as linux/unix after install of wsl 2: After installing wsl 2 all the paths in any console show up as linux paths, and it's not finding stuff and causing issues with Visual StudioIs there a way to fix this?...
  7. floppy disks dont read in windows, but do read in linux?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    floppy disks dont read in windows, but do read in linux?: I was looking at some old disks, cleaning up and figuring out things and found out the windows simply has severe issues with my floppies, most all were made on windows 95,98,ME. some are boot disks. Window looks at for a while, then says disc needs formatting. And if you try...
  8. Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDDs in Windows

Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDDs in Windows: I have been trying for months to get my Windows 10 workstations to talk to my LibreElec KODI Box.. It used to work, but then MS (in their... er.. infinite wisdom) decided to change the SMB format and all network connectivity was lost.. After months of trying to get them to...
  9. Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDs in Windows

Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDs in Windows: I have been trying for months to get my Windows 10 workstations to talk to my LibreElec KODI Box.. It used to work, but then MS (in their... er.. infinite wisdom) decided to change the SMB format and all network connectivity was lost.. After months of trying to get them to...
  10. Read Ubuntu Linux ex3/4 Files in Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Read Ubuntu Linux ex3/4 Files in Windows: Does anyone have any thoughts / experiences with apps that allow accessing Ubuntu ext3/4 file systems through Windows? 114915