Windows 10: Windows 11 Does Not Support Xeon Processors?

Discus and support Windows 11 Does Not Support Xeon Processors? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi All,My 18 month old workstation did a system check for Windows 11, and Microsoft reports it does not support a Xeon CPU E5-1620 v4 @ 3.50 Ghz and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PaulTrimble1, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Does Not Support Xeon Processors?

Hi All,My 18 month old workstation did a system check for Windows 11, and Microsoft reports it does not support a Xeon CPU E5-1620 v4 @ 3.50 Ghz and will not run Win 11. This knocks several of our workstations including newer ones out of running Windows 11. Is there any chance this will change, or is there a work-around? Not to anxious to report one year old mid-range workstations are instantly obsolete. Perhaps switch to a different OS?Thanks for your help.Paul

:)

PaulTrimble1, Jan 26, 2022
  2. Ken_f Win User

Win10 Pro Support for Intel Xeon Processors

I am about to build a new rig that includes the following hardware components:

• Intel Xeon E5-1650 v3 Haswell-EP 3.5GHz 6 x 256 KB L2 Cache 15MB L3 Cache LGA 2011-3 140W Server Processor

I have read that some processors will have a limited life support under Win10 rolling upgrades. Due to the robust architecture of this system, I cant seem to determine if:

• Windows will support this processor
    • What the expected EoL for this processor support would be

Any help in determining if the hardware configuration component above is supported would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

Ken_f, Jan 26, 2022
  3. Intel XEON CPU Support question

Hi Richard,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; this query will be better answered by Intel XEON CPU Support forum.

I suggest you to post the same on Intel XEON CPU Support forum.

Refer to the below link:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/category/processors/xeon/instl_confg

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 26, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Does Not Support Xeon Processors?

Win10 Pro Support for Intel Xeon Processors

That system more than exceeds the minimum system requirements for Windows 10 and will be more than supported for years to come as new revisions of Windows 10 are released in the future.

Of course, if Windows 10 introduces new security requirements for the CPU, yours might not support them, but it doesn't mean, Windows 10 and newer versions of it won't continue to work.

Your Haswell based XEON processor will work just fine with Windows 10 and the upcoming Anniversary update.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Does Not Support Xeon Processors?

1. Windows 11 Does Not Support Xeon Processors? - Similar Threads - Does Support Xeon

2. Does windows 11 support the Xeon e5606 CPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does windows 11 support the Xeon e5606 CPU?: I didn’t see it on the supported CPU list but it also wasn’t on any unsupported CPU lists I could find online, anyone know the answer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-11-support-the-xeon-e5606-cpu/6dbe5607-f256-47e5-bdaa-54d74f6559a4
  3. Does windows 11 support the Xeon e5606 CPU?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does windows 11 support the Xeon e5606 CPU?: I didn’t see it on the supported CPU list but it also wasn’t on any unsupported CPU lists I could find online, anyone know the answer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-11-support-the-xeon-e5606-cpu/6dbe5607-f256-47e5-bdaa-54d74f6559a4
  4. Windows 11 Xeon X-series/W-series Processor support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Xeon X-series/W-series Processor support: Microsoft adds support for the W series Xeon but not its equivalent X/performance series? I just found it very strange considering the processors are so similar. One made for Workstations and the other performance.Is there a good reason why this is? thanks....
  5. Windows 11 Xeon X-series/W-series Processor support

Windows 11 Xeon X-series/W-series Processor support: Microsoft adds support for the W series Xeon but not its equivalent X/performance series? I just found it very strange considering the processors are so similar. One made for Workstations and the other performance.Is there a good reason why this is? thanks....
  6. Windows 11 does NOT support an i7 processor??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does NOT support an i7 processor??: I spent $2500 on this high-end laptop about 2 years ago. It has an Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 2.60 Ghz and 32 GBs of Ram and you do NOT support it? Do you really think I am going to go buy another high-end laptop JUST to run Windows 11?? We're also Windows 365 subscribers. But not a...
  7. Windows 11 Does Not Support Xeon Processors?

Windows 11 Does Not Support Xeon Processors?: Hi All,My 18 month old workstation did a system check for Windows 11, and Microsoft reports it does not support a Xeon CPU E5-1620 v4 @ 3.50 Ghz and will not run Win 11. This knocks several of our workstations including newer ones out of running Windows 11. Is there any...
  8. Xeon not supported on Windows 11

Xeon not supported on Windows 11: I have IntelR XeonR CPU E3-1505M v6 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz 4 cores 32 GB memory and 2 TB disk space but I can't install Windows 11 to just try it out because it doesn't support Xeon processors. That seems kind of ridiculous. Why is an advanced CPU like a 3.00 Ghz Xeon not...
  9. Xeon not supported on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xeon not supported on Windows 11: I have IntelR XeonR CPU E3-1505M v6 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz 4 cores 32 GB memory and 2 TB disk space but I can't install Windows 11 to just try it out because it doesn't support Xeon processors. That seems kind of ridiculous. Why is an advanced CPU like a 3.00 Ghz Xeon not...
  10. XEON support?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XEON support?: Does any one know if the Intel Xeon E-2276M supports “normal” Windows 10? Or is it only Windows 10 workstation edition? Or will it support Windows 10 Pro? Side-note the CPU has 6 cores :-) submitted by /u/unixbassen [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 11 e5-1650

2. xeon e5 v3 on win 11

3. windows 11 intel xeon cpu e5-1620 v4